FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
CALLING ALL RB PROS - ORGANIZING HUGE EVENT! - VOTING STATES
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDOM2  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: CALLING ALL RB PROS - ORGANIZING HUGE EVENT! - VOTING STATES Reply with quote

CLICK HERE TO VOTE WHICH STATE YOU WANT THE EVENT TO TAKE PLACE IN: http://www.acepolls.com/polls/991640-where-should-the-rbgh-fest-be-held

ok so I have been thinking recently that we (THE WHOLE RB & GH PRO COMMUNITY) should have a mass event held in North America spanning over several days. Here are some of my general ideas:

WHO:

Expert players from around North America (or the world even) who want to compete against others AND spectators who want to witness the skill of others.

WHERE:

A large conference center of some sort in a city that is central and home to many RB players. Obviously it wouldn't be cheap, but I think if everyone paid an entry fee and we got in on some sponsors, we could definitely pull it off, so of course this would mean paying airfare but then again who would want to miss out.

WHEN:

Summer 2010. If everyone is in on the idea and advertising is abundant, we could surely get together the motivation to create an event this big.

WHY:

1. Play with those who are skilled and/or have similar experience.
2. Compete in mass dueling sessions with rivals / acknowledged players.
3. Have fun!

So right now we're at July 09, I want people to start brainstorming locations, ideas, and sending in as much feedback as possible. Please also tell everyone about this and get their thoughts in on it too.

CURRENTLY DISCUSSED STATES - PLEASE SUGGEST MORE!

1. New York
2. California
3. Minneapolis
4. Texas

EVENT NAMES!?

1. XFest (unlikely since there is already a radio contest with this name)
2. RBXFest (more probable since the term is totally unique)
3. MRBG - The massive rock band gathering?

Last edited by DDOM2 on Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:26 am; edited 6 times in total
kgoscohockey027  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a sweet idea. i think if we can get a ton of people to come, it'll be a huge success. im def in as long as my parents dont decide to be kgoscohockey027 (which is very possible ) im for new york as the location. u should talk to ryan from rbp or cena about this cuz they could potentially make this thing huge

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were still a year away people, slow down

If I'm still playing RB in a year, I would definately come

And New York is a great place to be
mickmister  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i live in indiana so im not really for either of the locations. o well i cant really win being in the middle of everything. this should be TONS of fun tho.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickmister wrote:
i live in indiana so im not really for either of the locations. o well i cant really win being in the middle of everything. this should be TONS of fun tho.

not the point, we're still at a brainstorming stage so we can add a place that works well for you!

nipps  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck trying to plan this.. i tried last year.. actually formulated a proposal... met with sponsers... just to get shot down. But a half year later, mtv did the harrahs tournament.. using my idea... weird huh..

The big way to attract the top players is a huge prize structure.. i would search for the thread in this forum called possible huge huge tournament.. its like 5 pages or so of what the top players want.

Good luck

edit: found the link
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19798&highlight=possible+huge

Last edited by nipps on Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wishful thinking, but try hitting Minneapolis.
slfan68  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Texas? Simply because people from the west coast wouldn't have to go all the way east and people from the east wouldn't have to go all the way west, just south and towards the middle lol. And between Dallas, Houston, and more big cities I can't be bothered to look up/remember right now at 3am I'm sure there'd be some conference center or something that could be used.
TH3DARKM3TAL  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if its in new york, i can say that myself, my friends (probably around 6-7 rock band players) and alot others would go. i know this is something hellashes would probably be interested in since he usually comes to the tourneys around here and he is from NY, so tobias would probably also go and although its far in the future im sure that this could work out. maybe ill mention this to cena next time im talking to him and see if maybe Team Cena could be apart of this somehow.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just thinking, if you do go through with this, since alot of people that would want to come to this cant travel to REALLY FAR(I.E. Cali to NY), try making it like 4 locations westcoast, midwest, and mideast, and eastcoast, but thats if you get enough sponsers/money to do this
200 Expert FC's In 3 GH games (GHIII,GHA,GHWT)

OHIO GUITAR HERO TOURNAMENT!!!!CLICK HERE!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Susan Boyle
DDOM2  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltraToteBox wrote:
just thinking, if you do go through with this, since alot of people that would want to come to this cant travel to REALLY FAR(I.E. Cali to NY), try making it like 4 locations westcoast, midwest, and mideast, and eastcoast, but thats if you get enough sponsers/money to do this

Thats gonna be FAR more difficult to do, im just trying to start up one event at the moment and I need to find out where the most people are located so Im gonna create a poll of some kind soon...also if anyone could get a hold of CENA or ROCK BAND PARTS about this it would be greatly appreciated since I can't seem to contact them yet.

What should we call this thing anyway? Im thinking XFest (get it? since x=10 (2010) and X=expert too? :P)

S4VN01  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is in NY, i will definitely be there.

I will edit this post later with ideas to make it useful.
I don't know about you guys, but I as a player of video games - and therefore a musician - am certainly enamoured of the prospect of, next time I begin to play Horrible Night, sitting down with a wide grin on my face as I rub my hands together in glee and shout out to the world "I know your secret! You're in a deceptive time signature!" before failing to hit any notes at all because the song is still balls-out hard.

My Youtube! My Youtube for GD:RB! My Twitter!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: S4VN01
slfan68  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how copyrighted the name is, but every year a local radio station here has an annual festival type thing with a few big name bands, and they call it XFest, so not sure if that'd be available to be used.
DDOM2  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slfan68 wrote:
I'm not sure how copyrighted the name is, but every year a local radio station here has an annual festival type thing with a few big name bands, and they call it XFest, so not sure if that'd be available to be used.

I didn't even notice that so im just gonna keep it on the suggestions list until further notice (once I get around to checking the copyright status)...but yeah im surprised I came up with something so original xD...more names appreciated though!

and S4 if I do meet you there we gotta duel in prequel

Evacity  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

California is home to a lot of popular players.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: