FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PiemanLK - Dream Theater Overture 1928 FC
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: PiemanLK - Dream Theater Overture 1928 FC Reply with quote

10/21/15

When did I get good enough to FC Dream Theater songs

5/25/12

Random attempt to keep thread from falling off the board. Rude Mood 5*, 198k. I enjoy playing this song now that I'm good at it. I feel like I accomplished something here.

8/15/11

Feels nice to finally take this sucker down.

7/29/11

Err Yeah I got some scores yesterday, they were more or less good, I really only care to type enough about my PttS GS (finally!) and Catcher in the Rye 99% (FCing solo 1 is very fun). I'm gonna FC CitR for sure, and hopefully at least four other songs in Chinese Democracy. That pack is really fun on guitar.

I'm tired and I have a plane to catch. Later.

6/29/11

This is basically all I did tonight, that and get some shitty Chinese Democracy sightreads.

I don't see myself getting a 70th.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]

Last edited by PiemanLK on Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:03 am; edited 48 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL FIRST POST

Nice golds, Matt, you've got some tough stuff down.

For the synth part of Panic Attack, as you'd been talking about in your other thread, just strum the strummed notes, even if you strum everything in the chorus. I'm not sure why, but using the hammerons there seems to be much more consistent for me than strumming everything; perhaps because you're not anchoring anything (this regarding the orange part, anyway). Give that a shot and see if it helps.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
solrac7623  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job with Flirtin' and Pleasure! Those songs were such a bitch for me to GS (they still are now actually). Bodhisattva is also a big fat whore with the ending triplets and trill.

As for DDDDC, HOLY SHIT! That one is fucking good man.

See, I made my mascot post to you, because you're awesome. Keep up the awesome stuff man! <3>_____>[/size]
MrOmyA  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy shit

Who the hell are you?! Yes I've heard of you but I've never seen you... playing RB. I'm confused. Nice job coming out of the closet (or at least coming to the RB side).

Nice GSes
diddin  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About time you made an RB thread Pieman:P. Nice job on the GSs, particularly DDDDC. Now I just need to do something accomplishment-worthy enough to make a thread on he Rock Band side
Graf  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potentially epic thread right here. Good luck, Pieman!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this1neguy wrote:
LOL FIRST POST

Jesus Aaron, did you HAVE to?

this1neguy wrote:
Nice golds, Matt, you've got some tough stuff down.

Yeah, they're not too shabby at all. Kinda like the Bodhisattva star myself...

this1neguy wrote:
For the synth part of Panic Attack, as you'd been talking about in your other thread, just strum the strummed notes, even if you strum everything in the chorus. I'm not sure why, but using the hammerons there seems to be much more consistent for me than strumming everything; perhaps because you're not anchoring anything (this regarding the orange part, anyway). Give that a shot and see if it helps.

That's exactly what I do, it's just a little awkward; that's all.

solrac7623 wrote:
Nice job with Flirtin' and Pleasure! Those songs were such a bitch for me to GS (they still are now actually). Bodhisattva is also a big fat whore with the ending triplets and trill.

Yeah, for some reason I find Flirtin' a REALLY easy song. I dunno if most people would call it hard but aside from like, one part outside the solo and a couple of parts of the solos it's not too bad. It's actually my favorite RB1 chart. Pleasure though actually is pretty easy though outside the ostintato. I wish I could choke it to death; I played one green a little early and missed on the very last repetition.

solrac7623 wrote:
As for DDDDC, HOLY SHIT! That one is fucking good man.

Yeah, because you basically have to FC the first half of of the solo and then half of part B under overdrive to get even close to a good score and an 80% bonus. I think I got like 82% and 79% and that pushed me over by a decent amount FCing out of the solos.

solrac7623 wrote:
See, I made my mascot post to you, because you're awesome. Keep up the awesome stuff man! <3>_____>[/size]

Aww, you're awesome too Mexicanrac! <3

MrOmyA wrote:
Who the hell are you?!

I am.......your father.

MrOmyA wrote:
Yes I've heard of you but I've never seen you... playing RB. I'm confused.

It was all in my GHSH side thread for the longest time. Now it's over here.

MrOmyA wrote:
Nice job coming out of the closet (or at least coming
to the RB side).

Pfft, I've been out of the close- oh right, yeah, a nice warm welcome to the RB forums. Thanks.

MrOmyA wrote:
Nice GSes

I wanted PttS.

diddin wrote:
About time you made an RB thread Pieman:P. Nice job on the GSs, particularly DDDDC. Now I just need to do something accomplishment-worthy enough to make a thread on he Rock Band side

Well, you DO have three insane ones; didn't you get Get Clean, SttP, and what I think the most amazing one, CoB? Really, go make a thread, now.

Graf wrote:
Potentially epic thread right here. Good luck, Pieman!

Well, we'll see. Depends on what you think of as epic.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna make an RB accs thread if I get this amount of recognition for a few hard GSes

What are you having trouble with on PttS? In my experience if you can FC from the beginning through to the chord quads, preferably to the weird strumming after the blasts, you won't have much trouble GSing. If you need help with any stuff after that I can probably give it; I've FCed it in a BQP so I think I have everything down
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this1neguy wrote:
I wanna make an RB accs thread if I get this amount of recognition for a few hard GSes

It's not that I'm an amazing player, Aaron, it's because I know people. Duh!

this1neguy wrote:
What are you having trouble with on PttS? In my experience if you can FC from the beginning through to the chord quads, preferably to the weird strumming after the blasts, you won't have much trouble GSing. If you need help with any stuff after that I can probably give it; I've FCed it in a BQP so I think I have everything down

I think I FC'd up until the end of the gallopy part like halfway in except for two or three misses.

Last edited by PiemanLK on Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
this1neguy wrote:

I think I FC'd up until the end of the gallopy part like halfway in except for two or three misses.

Weird, if you're using a good path (which of course you can find at pathhero, or make your own like I did) that should easily net you the 230kish needed for a GS. Are you having trouble with the second half of the song?
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this1neguy wrote:
Weird, if you're using a good path (which of course you can find at pathhero, or make your own like I did) that should easily net you the 230kish needed for a GS. Are you having trouble with the second half of the song?

I dunno, it's possible my path is off. I'm not HORRIBLE at the second half, but I'm not amazing at it either. Either way I don't like the song or chart much so I'm just going to stop playing it for a while.
solrac7623  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, nice job on DGAM near FC. You are getting better at strumming, and it's worrying me. I AM BETTER BAWW >____>
Simpsonfreak17  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your strumming ability in RB is purely amazing. Nice job Matt. ^_^

Graciously documenting our future retards
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: simpsonfreak17
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

solrac7623 wrote:
Dude, nice job on DGAM near FC. You are getting better at strumming, and it's worrying me. I AM BETTER BAWW >____>

Hehe, well, you DO have a DHB FC and a TwiE 500k to your name, I have neither (although you know how I feel about the first one ). But yeah, it's scary how fast I'm progressing on Thrasher. Weeks ago I would have been happy for 100k on that song and a 94% rating.

Simpsonfreak17 wrote:
Your strumming ability in RB is purely amazing. Nice job Matt. ^_^

Thanks Andre. I like your bunny. :3
thegibbonator  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

174K on Thrasher... I will buy your right arm. Name your price, I'll pay anything.

Literally anything.

My last.fm profile. My musical taste is obviously superior to everybody else's. Even if it does include black metal, classical and synthpop.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Tetrinity
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: