FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Brainpower talkie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Brainpower talkie Reply with quote

Sorry to make a topic about RB1, but I cannot his that last "brainpower" at the end of the song. I've tried saying it, shouting it, shouting it in falsetto, blowing into the mic, rubbing the mic against my shirt, the couch, and a paper bag, and even trying to get feedback from the TV. This is really frustrating me and I have a feeling it will be the only thing standing between me and a FGFC.

How have you guys hit it?

Also, I'm on PS2 if that makes any difference.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of yelling "Brain-power!" like the lyrics read, instead, yell "I'm pregnant!" with just as much enthusiasm. Seriously. This is how I hit it for the first time on RB1.

Match up the strong "P" sounds, Power in the lyrics and Pregnant in what you're saying, and the pie should spin like mad. Hope this somewhat humorous tip helps.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, if my memory serves, the last "Brainpower!" talky on PS2 is actually more difficult on the PS2 version of Rock Band 1 than the PS3/360 version (in fact, it's one of the only cases where this is true - most talkies are easier on the PS2 version; the only other case I can recall there being a weird talky on PS2 RB1 being harder is Ballroom Blitz).

As with all talkies in RB1, however, it "should" respond better to hard consonants than soft ones.

Try a correctly timed "TrainTouters!" with minimal microphone sensitivity. Yes, it will sound stupid, but it will probably get the engine to respond a bit better.

Good luck!
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
Instead of yelling "Brain-power!" like the lyrics read, instead, yell "I'm pregnant!" with just as much enthusiasm. Seriously. This is how I hit it for the first time on RB1.

Match up the strong "P" sounds, Power in the lyrics and Pregnant in what you're saying, and the pie should spin like mad. Hope this somewhat humorous tip helps.

Is this on PS2?

I seriously can't get more than Okay on this phrase anymore. Should I be trying to be perfectly lined up, early, or late?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ready2rock wrote:
MasterNobody wrote:

Is this on PS2?

I seriously can't get more than Okay on this phrase anymore. Should I be trying to be perfectly lined up, early, or late?

I'm on 360, which is shown by the little green "Xbox 360" button at the bottom of my sig. I didn't realize that until like post 500 or so, but it's a clever little thing to look for

Listen to Icemage, he knows more than me If you want to sound especially silly, maybe give "Train Pregnant!" a try.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: just got my first strong of the day by yelling with the anger that I had at the talkie, making sure to enunciate the consonants as best I could. I'll work on the timing and see if I can get it this way.

Edit: GOT IT! I actually said it a bit later than I usually do. I don't know whether that was on time and I was actually saying it early or what it was, but I finally hit it.

Thanks for the help, guys. Now all I need to do is FC Foreplay/Long Time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: