FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Vocal Squeezing Thread-Report Beatles Squeezing! Updated OP!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icemage  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess for solo it's OK in TB:RB, it's just not terribly useful in any other context (at least with RB2 paths they're vaguely applicable to band play).

I get the feeling that RB:TB isn't going to be any more competitive on vox than RB2, though - probably less so. Party due to the target demographic, and partly because the songs simply aren't that difficult on anything except maybe vocals in a few cases.

In any case, I suppose one could compromise and show both the best available squeeze on a phrase + the net split score (i.e. 2/sk1 (+3720/25720) 4/ (+0184/65904) ...). That seems awfully cumbersome, though it would make discussion easier; you could post a correction saying "Hey I just got +2108 on the 2nd activation of song X", or whatever.
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well speaking to a full band pather, calling the RB2 paths somewhat like full band paths I kind of take offense =) lol. It is an EXTREMELY rare case for you to use the same path in both full band and solo play. It usually takes a song with like 3 total windows or 4 OD's before every activation in order for paths to be the same.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
Icemage  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

internetguy87 wrote:
Well speaking to a full band pather, calling the RB2 paths somewhat like full band paths I kind of take offense =) lol. It is an EXTREMELY rare case for you to use the same path in both full band and solo play. It usually takes a song with like 3 total windows or 4 OD's before every activation in order for paths to be the same.

Not everyone plays for score in full band :P Sometimes you just want to rock out and have a good time with friends (I know that seems to anathema here on ScoreHero, but that's honestly what most people do).

I'm not saying the optimal vox path is going to be the same for full band - as you say, it rarely is, since the x8 band bonus often trumps the minor differences in vocal scoring on variant paths. But it's at least somewhere to start from.

Really, I don't really see how maintaining a list like this will work; it's incredibly cumbersome - would almost be better to distribute it as a spreadsheet, so that optimal scores can be auto-calculated as new optimal squeezes are discovered.
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
Really, I don't really see how maintaining a list like this will work; it's incredibly cumbersome - would almost be better to distribute it as a spreadsheet, so that optimal scores can be auto-calculated as new optimal squeezes are discovered.

I don't see how its incredibly cumbersome honestly. Yes I admit this is not like pathing, you aren't going to hit the end of the song, notice you have a higher score and be able to remember where the pts came from.

However, squeezers aren't playing that way anyways. The top squeezers are going activation by activation, maxing out each one. Which is why if you are working on a certain activation of a song and realize you hit a higher squeeze than is listed in the thread you can report back.

There is some math and stuff to find the values of the squeeze but I am willing to take that on so people can just report their scores after each activation and I figure out what needs to be done.

Like I said, this isint for all DLC, that would be insane, but is it really that cumbersome to include in the OP a list like this:

Song A: 2/sk1 (+3720/25720) 4/ (+0184/65904)
Song B: 3/ (+0824/34824), 2/ (+032/98856), 4/(+0, 154856)

etc, etc, etc

Then if I want to work on Song A as a top squeezer, I look and see 3720 is current best squeeze. If I notice my score is over 25720 after the squeeze then I report back new score. Now lets say I only get 25700, I make a note that I need to subtract 20, so now 65884 is top squeeze after second activation, if I beat that I report back that i beat that score with what your score is, but also how much you lost on first activation.

Yes this takes a little more effort to gather than paths, but the idea is that top squeezers usually already are doing something like this correct (Vicromann, Wesker, etc back me up or let me know if I am no where close on this?), so its simply sharing some information already written down or close to written down.

Edit: As for the full band pathing. No i know not everyone plays for score, however you either a) play for score and use a path, or b) play for fun and who cares if the path is slightly wrong, there is no c)play for fun but not for score but with right path.. that just doesnt work.

Edit 2 lol: Lemme just note that by a) I don't mean use the optimal best path ever for xplat score. Simply by a) I mean you are at least using common sense and activating at near correct times. So with this definiton, c) doesn't exist.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
Kruasa  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

internetguy87 wrote:

Yes this takes a little more effort to gather than paths, but the idea is that top squeezers usually already are doing something like this correct (Vicromann, Wesker, etc back me up or let me know if I am no where close on this?), so its simply sharing some information already written down or close to written down.

As one of the best vocalists on the Wii, I can say I type out my squeeze scores as I'm playing. I've never actually saved them, but if this gets off the ground, then I'll start saving my scores and contribute.

Not only will it help people who are looking for points they are missing, but it also helps those who are writing down scores for this list, as they'll be trying to get amazing squeezes while gathering info.

IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Drain You, I recorded my last three digits after each activation so I could post it in here: 240 --> 580 --> 620.

This netted a score of 153,620 which is currently xplat 2nd (I think). If anyone has squeezed any of these activations harder, feel free to post it!
pbsp66543  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: well Reply with quote

I am 100% in favor of this thread IG. If your willing to take the time and do all the dirty work (compiling squeezes etc) I certainly am not against helping out when I can and also obviously using the information that becomes available. I think it's a great idea.
Vicromano20  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to give you guys a notice, I plan on giving you every RB2 score in one post. I am currently done with 36 other songs.

I am also trying to become #1 on the Rock Band Imports right now, so it maybe a little bit before I get you all of them. But I will be sure to get them to you within the next week or so.
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's this look as a general format?

Drain You: 2/(1240), 2/BOD(1340), 4/(1040)
[39240, 88580, 153620] (Credit to IndestructibleSD)

If people find this acceptable I will go and do the rest of the songs posted so far and update the OP =). Also you can see from Indestructible's post the kind of math that I am doing. If you actually are able to post all information it would be awesome, but don't stress over it, as I can spend about 2 minutes and convert one format to the other. Either format (the score (or even just the ending digits i guess lol), or the squeezes (out of 4000 not 1000), will work.

I play my game online
RipleyLV426  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

internetguy87 wrote:

I've tracked this level of detail since RB1 for solo vox, as well as data for various band configurations. (Hey, drums/guitar can talk through the whole song, I can type. But I digress...)

Too bad this is only for the on-disc songs. My squeezes for The 84 aren't that great and I grew tired of grinding long ago. I'd be happy to submit my numbers but they'd have to be heavily subsidized by a better squeezer, making extra work for IG. Plus, it looks like Vic will have 'em all covered soon.

I still want to contribute so here are the tied #1 squeezes for a few 'less popular' songs. I'll see if there are other gaps I can help with later.
(Yep, big fan of commas when trying to compare large numbers during a run.)

De-Luxe: 2/, 3/
[ 54,216 / 124,808 | 128,808 ]
Note: Can someone confirm the 1st act? My high is -40 and I'm pretty sure that's where they're hiding.

Let There Be Rock: 3/sk1, 4/, 3/
[ 76,380 / 170,880 / 213,586 | 234,711 ]

Nine in the Afternoon: 3/, 3/, 3/
[ 74,000 / 142,088 / 214,088 | 218,088 ]

White Wedding (Part 1): 2/BOD, 3/BOD, 2/sk2
[ 62,284 / 118,284 / 154,300 | 170,300 ]
Note: Current rockband.com tied high is 170,284. A while back, CBguitarist posted 170,300 here, explaining the +16 in the 3rd act. I hit this a few months ago then choked on my surprise. These extra points DO exist and are just waiting to be claimed!

Last edited by RipleyLV426 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Icemage  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

internetguy87, please check your PMs.
Vickie  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I can contribute to this, but only for songs where I have a better score than Vicromano, he will post anyway.

Sorry, I have just the ending digits:

Any way you want it: 724-400-234

Peace sells: only 028 from second activation, but there may be 20 points available, I can't tell if it's the third or the last activation, my note sheet is jut a mess. lol

Rebel girl: 000-996, once again there are some points available, I got once 092-080 but of course I choked after.
RipleyLV426  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any higher than Vic.
Here are a few of the 'popular' songs:

Ace of Spades '08: 2/, 2/, 2/BOD
[ 30,000 / 58,000 / 94,250 | 98,250 ]

Colony of Birchmen: 3/sk1, 2/RS, 4/
[ 86,000 / 126,000 / 204,875 | 210,000 ]

Cool for Cats: 3/, 4/AT
[ 62,132 / 162,382 | 166,382 ]

Girl's Not Grey: 2/sk1, 2/sk1, 3/sk1
[ 35,750 / 79,750 / 147,750 | 155,750 ]

Lump: 2/sk1, 4/sk1, 3/
[ 34,000 / 106,000 / 144,484 | 152,484 ]

Ramblin' Man: 3/, 2/, 2/!
[ 66,000 / 122,375 / 150,375 | 184,875 ]

If this takes off, I'd be happy to contribute DLC as well.
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, thanks for your work so far. I just figured I would post to let you know that I am not ignoring these, and work is being done as we speak. Icemage has offered to help me create an Excel spreadsheet to compile some info and do some of the work for me, so I am waiting for that to be done to avoid any reformatting which is horrible with BBCode.

The OP will be updated as soon as this is done.

Edit: For now don't post DLC here (not that it seems you were going to), however depending on how this spreadsheet is, and how well this gets going it may be possible to expand some. We can get into the details of DLC later, so just save what you do somewhere for later =P. (This goes for anyone wondering this)

I play my game online
Icemage  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, I've been tinkering with this, and it looks like the easiest way to provide the numbers we'll need is what RipleyLV426 is using:

Song: Path
Score / Score / Score / Score

EDIT: Wait, maybe I can't calculate the differentials, because of percussion scoring. Going to have to think about this some more.

Will post back after I've had some time to brainstorm.

EDIT 2: Had some time to ponder. Please use the above Song / Path / Score / Score / Score / Score format. I've devised a workaround for percussion by using a manually typed in score override.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: