FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band Network and Rhythm Authors LLC!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Rock Band Network and Rhythm Authors LLC! Reply with quote

Rock Band Network

First announcement on Billboard
Official Press Release
Rock Band Creator's Club website

I am proud to announce the upcoming launch of a system that will revolutionize music distribution, known as the Rock Band Network!

Through the Rock Band Network (RBN), which is built on top of the Xbox 360 XNA Creator's Club, the community will have the ability to publish and sell music that they own rights to through Rock Band 2. A new in-game Rock Band Network Store will be added with the ability to "demo" any RBN song that is live for free. Players will be able to play the first 35% of the song (or full 1 minute, whichever is shorter) before being given the option to buy the full track.

In terms of true game-quality content, this is the real deal. The system will require full multi-track audio stems for each instrument, along with an authored MIDI file containing the note chart, animation, lighting, camera, venue, and other gameplay events. Harmonix has opened the doors to file format specifications, game engine requirements, and authoring standards and guidelines to bring everything necessary to create top-notch content to the community.

Leveraging the power of the already established Xbox 360 XNA Creator's Club system, any content submitted to the system will first go through playtest and/or peer review phases where other Creator's Club members will be able to play songs in review, rate and comment on them. Upon receiving enough positive review scores for every aspect of the song (each instrument/difficulty and lyric language), the song will be automatically published to the Rock Band Network Store where the submitter will receive quarterly royalties in the amount of 30% for every purchase of the song. The submitter will be able to set the song price at certain fixed increments upon submission.

As part of the Rock Band 2 patch, a brand new 'Audition Mode' will allow content creators to transfer song projects from their PC to their Xbox 360 console to play the song locally. Auto-play may be turned on or off for any and all instruments so you can see your charts without worrying about failing that wicked solo, additionally, the song speed is adjustable in real-time during play (with much more fine-tuned control than typical practice mode).

A closed beta has just recently launched which myself and some other ScoreHero staff will be a part of. The official community site is at creators.rockband.com, and in the upcoming months the system will open for the rest of the public!

Rhythm Authors LLC

I was first contacted by Harmonix about this incredible new system in production back in February. Knowing ScoreHero and CustomHero's involvement in the authoring community and with intent to set community standards high from the start, they wanted to bring onboard a small team of us to brainstorm ideas and prepare for a successful launch.

As a result I've independently registered a new company, Rhythm Authors LLC, which will serve to provide a professional Rock Band authoring service to bands and musicians wanting to bring their music into the platform. All of our top Rhythm Authors staff have recently attended an authoring master class hosted by Harmonix where we were able to ask questions, see the process first-hand, and get feedback on authored songs we'd brought along. It was very valuable and we will surely be committed to upholding Harmonix quality standards for every project we accept.

Those from ScoreHero currently on the Rhythm Authors team include: myself, Phr34k, elx, Chil, nickb611, katamakel, ImaCarrot, emptyset and socrstopr

I've built a website at RhythmAuthors.com for all of you to track our projects as songs are submitted to the system and become live in the RBN Store. Not much is available yet, but feel free to register and check it out. As songs are added we'll have a browsable song database with preview pages available for each artist and band, and you'll be able to subscribe to updates on certain bands or feeds.

If you have experience in the software or custom's community, or general interest or knowledge with music theory, MIDI sequencing, or audio mixing, we are looking to bring more individuals onboard and will be opening up Rhythm Authors applications through the site sometime in the next few weeks.

There will also be a way for interested artists and bands to get in contact with us and submit song demos for review. We've got Rhythm Authors e-mail, as well a toll-free phone/fax line which will be available soon.

Not only will we be involved in authoring work for clients, but will also be active in reviewing other songs on the network, and browsing the official RB Creator's Club forums to help other, share advice, and hopefully learn new tips along the way ourselves.

I am honored to be a part of this great opportunity. It offers a huge chance for artists to quickly gain exposure, while at the same time expanding Rock Band's music library adding endless variety for gamers to enjoy. I believe this will be a success, but its fate lies in the hands of the community. Let's make the best of it!

Last edited by JCirri on Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
Rapstah  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I dislike this being platform exclusive, it's great. Let's just not let Rhythm Authors die like Customhero did.

Any impressions from the Harmonix authoring class you'd like to share? Hidden tricks? Did they teach you how to not use tri-chords and name sections like "gtr solo / gtr solo a / gtr solo b"?

EDIT: And you damn well guess I'm joining when you open up applications. :P

Last edited by Rapstah on Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chil  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It feels good to finally announce this, although I haven't been waiting as long as some of the others have. I'm looking forward to releasing great content through this.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a huge fucking announcement.

I love you guys. I'm SO proud of this community and everything we've accomplished, especially all the staff here at ScoreHero.

Off into the stratosphere we go!!!

HHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FRANK1E B
Elilasol  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome news. I personally hope to see this take off. Now I wish I had music of my own to upload.

Also, if this really takes off, us DLCwhores are going to have a hell of a time getting all of the DLC.

I'll be streaming here:
Streams!

This is my Youtube thing, you will find various videos there.
http://www.youtube.com/user/elilasol

Last edited by Elilasol on Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
gameboy673  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It said on the RBN site on Rockband.com that a select number of tracks will go to the PS3. I just hope that they follow through on this. Previewing tracks is sweet, too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does this mean if you have a band and recordings you can upload them to rock band and chart them?
700K TDWDTG [x]
Start Playing Again []
My Accomplishment Thread!
Check out my Youtube!
gtaivpc  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Rock Band Network and Rhythm Authors LLC! Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
Rock Band Network

As part of the Rock Band 2 patch, a brand new 'Audition Mode' will allow content creators to transfer song projects from their PC to their Xbox 360 console to play the song locally. Auto-play may be turned on or off for any and all instruments so you can see your charts without worrying about failing that wicked solo, additionally, the song speed is adjustable in real-time during play (with much more fine-tuned control than typical practice mode).

DOES THAT MEAN "HOME" "CUSTOMS"?
toymachine  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give all the workload to Phr34k that lazy Canadian doesn't do enough already <3
Demonking584  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, with this "Audition Mode", does this mean we can, theoretically, upload custom charts for real songs to our XBox360 to play locally? >_>

That would be INSANE.
Wheatspin  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's gotta be the most exciting RB news I've heard for a LOOOOONG time.
S1ckH4nds  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astounding. I would love to be a part of this. Congrats to JCirri and all involved!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: S1ckH4nds
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO EXCITED

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kudos, guys. This is all so exciting!

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
Rickles  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY HELL YES!!!

There's a video explaining it all for the lazy people like me at creators.rockband.com

I also would like to note that there's going to be some sort of premium membership tacked on for $99. Go to the review tab at creators.rockband.com and read the fine print. Something to do with reviewing the songs.

This is unbelievable. I can't wait to tell my drummer.

Last edited by Rickles on Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: SHRickles Wii Friend Code: 240632851717
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 1 of 32

Jump to: