FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band Network and Rhythm Authors LLC!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DPooch  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sixen wrote:
DPooch wrote:
I totally and completely pretty much don't even understand this at all. :P

Sounds like a cool concept, but there might be copyright issues.

from who? these are all unsigned bands that will be putting songs up on RBN.

I think someone else mentioned it.

Like they're gonna have people analyzing it and making sure it doesn't sound like anything else.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: poochz0rz
Sixen  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DPooch wrote:
Sixen wrote:
DPooch wrote:
I totally and completely pretty much don't even understand this at all. :P

Sounds like a cool concept, but there might be copyright issues.

from who? these are all unsigned bands that will be putting songs up on RBN.

I think someone else mentioned it.

Like they're gonna have people analyzing it and making sure it doesn't sound like anything else.

well this is no different then putting out a demo CD, just on a different medium.

Quote:
I haven't seen an answer for this: So will custom songs for RB be officially possible? Or would we still have to have the masters and an officially authored HMX-style midi? If we can do this with FeedBack this is the most exciting Rock Band news all year.

You will still need masters and specific software and and fees to do it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SixenSH PSN Name: Sixen
nickb611  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it really is as awesome as it sounds.

Cheers to RBN and Rhythm Authors LLC.

Custom Guitar Hero
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: DrumHero89
sadied0g  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demonking584 wrote:
Wait, with this "Audition Mode", does this mean we can, theoretically, upload custom charts for real songs to our XBox360 to play locally? >_>

That would be INSANE.

This would be so fucking amazing i would cry, can someone please tell me that this is what is meant by that. (So to my understanding it would be a way to play all the custom charts already in existence, but locally through your xbox instead of through FoF or GH3 PC, is that right?)
fmadmonk  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is incredible news! Congratulations to everybody involved!
Sixen  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadied0g wrote:
Demonking584 wrote:
Wait, with this "Audition Mode", does this mean we can, theoretically, upload custom charts for real songs to our XBox360 to play locally? >_>

That would be INSANE.

This would be so fucking amazing i would cry, can someone please tell me that this is what is meant by that. (So to my understanding it would be a way to play all the custom charts already in existence, but locally through your xbox instead of through FoF or GH3 PC, is that right?)

From whats been said, it seems you need master tracks to the songs to use the RBN and its features. So if you have a master track of all the dream theater everyone wants then i guess you could locally. but this could never be put on the RBN store due to copyright.

Also there is software needed to be apart of this guys, plus the XNA fees. So even before you think about authoring a song, there a couple hundred dollars to spend.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SixenSH PSN Name: Sixen
RyperSH  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG Awesome news

I am can't wait for this "update"

But wait, if i going to create a song, and when i sell it i got the MS Point or what? I 'm don't understand

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: xX RypeR HuN Xx
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just sounds too awesome! This is probably the biggest news to ever hit any music/rhythm game, including when Rock Band was first announced. My friends at school will be really happy because they were just asking a few months ago about how awesome it would be to get one of their songs on RB. I seriously can't wait for this!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the info, you need several things.

1. The master tracks.

2. You have to OWN the rights to the song. (Piracy for money = bad)

3. You need a subscription to the Xbox xna creators club thingie. (49$ per 4 months, 99$ per year)

4. You have to upload the songs, and people have to buy them.

4a. Anyone who has a subscription to the xna creators thingie can beta test your songs. Suggest improvements, and rate what difficulty they believe the songs should be.

5. Xbox live has to approve your song. (Whatever the time is for the testing shits)

6. Profit.

I'll be streaming here:
Streams!

This is my Youtube thing, you will find various videos there.
http://www.youtube.com/user/elilasol

Last edited by Elilasol on Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sixen  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyperSH wrote:
OMG Awesome news

But wait, if i going to create a song, and when i sell it i got the MS Point or what? I 'm don't understand

If you get one of your songs uploaded on the RBN, You get get 30% of the sales from it, i believe each month. It wouldn't be through MS points but actually money. They didnt say how that would be distributed, but probably check or deposit into an account for you to get.
RyperSH  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elilasol wrote:

3. You need a subscription to the Xbox xna creators club thingie. (49$ per 4 months, 99$ per year)

oh noooo, bad news... REALLY BAD
I am don't want to subscribe to that shit

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: xX RypeR HuN Xx
titans77  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st Question... Time limit on songs? I would like some epics please!
2nd Question... Hypothetically, could you convince Dream Theater to hire a RBN charter to specifically chart their songs for increased publicity and revenue split 50:50 between the band and the charter?(of the 30% that they pay you quarterly of course :P)

IMO top notch "known bands" should hire their own RockBand Network charter specifically for these reasons. It should be like the best charters should be drafted by popular bands so its a Win-Win-Win situation. The Band wins with increased popularity, the charters win with a job that pays decent money, and the fans win BIG time for the good content we always wanted. And even Rock Band wins for introducing the idea.

With the first pick in the RBN Charter Draft, [insert band here] selects, [Great RBN Charter Name Here]!

just a thought lol
Kiyrugoji in response to the heroin hero t-shirt dilema wrote:
Maybe it's not what we all think... maybe he just wants a Pepsi.
just one pepsi.
and she wouldn't give it to him
TSorbera  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans77 wrote:
1st Question... Time limit on songs? I would like some epics please!
2nd Question... Hypothetically, could you convince Dream Theater to hire a RBN charter to specifically chart their songs for increased publicity and revenue split 50:50 between the band and the charter?(of the 30% that they pay you quarterly of course :P)

IMO top notch "known bands" should hire their own RockBand Network charter specifically for these reasons. It should be like the best charters should be drafted by popular bands so its a Win-Win-Win situation. The Band wins with increased popularity, the charters win with a job that pays decent money, and the fans win BIG time for the good content we always wanted. And even Rock Band wins for introducing the idea.

With the first pick in the RBN Charter Draft, [insert band here] selects, [Great RBN Charter Name Here]!

just a thought lol
See http://www.rhythmauthors.com/ (from the creators of ScoreHero, LLC)
nobody paid me to post this
GHTCP (Guitar Hero Three Control Panel) - for all your GH3 PC needs*
*not quite all needs, but for custom songs, custom game images, black background speed boost, and more
titans77  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TSorbera wrote:
titans77 wrote:
A bunch of hopeful wishing!
See http://www.rhythmauthors.com/ (from the creators of ScoreHero, LLC)
nobody paid me to post this

Yeah but how will big name bands see this? We need people with contacts and other connections to make that work good. And i really need to know if there is a time limit for songs. Obviously that was the worst part of GHTunes.
Kiyrugoji in response to the heroin hero t-shirt dilema wrote:
Maybe it's not what we all think... maybe he just wants a Pepsi.
just one pepsi.
and she wouldn't give it to him
DemonHybrid  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit.

This is huge.

I mean....wow, probably the biggest thing to ever be created since....hell, I dont know, I'm just stunned.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DemonHybrid23
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 3 of 32

Jump to: