FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UGH. PttS blasts are driving me INSANE.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ascendancy909  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: UGH. PttS blasts are driving me INSANE. Reply with quote

Guys, I need some serious help. There are tons of DLC songs that i love to play (most notably Prequel To The Sequel), but i have to settle for playing them in practice because I can't do the blasts. Tips, exercises, ANYTHING?
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PttS blasts are triplets if that changes anything. They are very fast, so you need to be able to play pretty fast on a triplet rhythm. I think if they were eighths or sixteenths then it would be a lot easier.

Another tip is that the part after the blasts where it goes like BBBBBB B+R BBB is the same speed as each pad hit and the pedal during the blasts. Hope that helps because it's really all the help there is.
FreeXBird  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can put the No Fail cheat on to play it in Quickplay if you want to use overdrive, etc.
Ascendancy909  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OHHHHHHHHHHHH.

they're triplets. That helps a LOT, actually, haha.

Thanks to THABEAST, you're my hero, haha.
Moomoomoo1  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ascendancy909 wrote:
OHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Lol, now good luck actually playing them right. i knew they were triplets all along, but i still can't beat the song, even if i use overdrive during them D:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A common piece of advice I see floating around for Prequel to the Sequel Drums, in terms of "How can I pass it", is to only hit every third bass pedal note during the blasts (Meaning: Hit only the pedal that is on-beat). It seemed to work fairly well when I was over at my friend's house and he played it.
>tfw you will never have as many posts as bjw ;_;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FoshOtter
doomtron  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moomoomoo1 wrote:
Ascendancy909 wrote:
OHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Lol, now good luck actually playing them right. i knew they were triplets all along, but i still can't beat the song, even if i use overdrive during them D:

No wonder I've failed that song so many times. I just played it as 16ths.
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My tips. Treat them like a roll with a bass hit on every right hand hit, cause that's basically what it is. Focus on the yellows/blues and try to get the bass to sync with it. The reds inbetween with your left will come with time. You also need A LOT of stamina or you will fall behind.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does it mean, that they're triplets? I thought I understood what triplets were, and I've been playing these as 16ths, but does that mean I should be alternating betweenBO-R-BO and R-BO-R?
OCEAT  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to explain:
The PttS 'rolls' are triplet 'rolls', so instead of a 'da-da-da-da, da-da-da-da" pattern, there's a "da-da-da, da-da-da" pattern, like the Foreplay rolls.

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens
novicedrummer  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OCEAT wrote:
I'll try to explain:
The PttS 'rolls' are triplet 'rolls', so instead of a 'da-da-da-da, da-da-da-da" pattern, there's a "da-da-da, da-da-da" pattern, like the Foreplay rolls.

so how does knowing that theyre triplets help exactly. My problem is i understanding how fast to go. if i can get an idea of basically what roll it could be compared to exactly as far as speed, then i could get a better idea of how fast i should or shouldnt be going.
Moomoomoo1  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

novicedrummer wrote:
OCEAT wrote:
I'll try to explain:

so how does knowing that theyre triplets help exactly. My problem is i understanding how fast to go. if i can get an idea of basically what roll it could be compared to exactly as far as speed, then i could get a better idea of how fast i should or shouldnt be going.

It's pretty similar to the beginning of Souls of Black, just add a red note in between, and a kick on, each blue. A triplet is just 3 notes that take up the same duration as 2 of the same note

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My main tip is, THOSE BLUES AFTER THE YR BLAST ARE THE SAME SPEED.
Also, 2 feet 1 pedal helped me a ton, I went from passing it once with1 foot now I am like 10k from GS. Blasts are just like rolls but on different pads.
[08:17pm] [12:54] <Angels2002> lol luk at me spin dis black circle around
[12:54] <Angels2002> hip hop!
googleimage  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OCEAT wrote:
so how does knowing that theyre triplets help exactly.

Count the yellows as 1-tri-plet/2-tri-plet/3-tri-plet etc etc etc to get the idea.

If you're playing them as 16ths, you're playing them at two-thirds the speed you should be. If you're familiar with the expert guitar chart, the bass+Y's are at exactly the same rate as the strumming in that part.

Knowing this, I still can't pass it. It's like it just "shuts off" and nothing registers.
novicedrummer  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so are the triplet blasts in visions the same speed? and someone mentioned counting. could someone explain in depth how i would count the red blue blasts as triplets?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: