FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Above "Optimal" Index: 7/31/10: 7 New Songs! All Finished!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Above "Optimal" Index: RB2 On-Disc Hard Diffic Reply with quote

the1and0nly1 wrote:
Xpertlefty13 wrote:
the1and0nly1 wrote:

Summer Of '69
0/OYG (Hit Early)
0/OYG (Hit Early)
0/OYG
0/OYG (Hit Early)
0/OG

Optimal Score: 151,975
Points Above "Optimal" Path: 6,200
Delay Needed: -300ms
Game Mode/(Difficulty): BNS/(X)

How early now? I couldn't get the first fill to pop up :/ (I did have BNS on, and a -300 audio lag setting)

And, the fill is supposed to come up right away, correct?

This is a pretty tough song, but if you can get the path, it's definitely worth it. The first activation needs to be hit .068 seconds early on that last OD note. To give you an idea of what this means, the earliest documented hit is .082 seconds. Due to this, I don't have any paths that involve an early hit requiring more than .082 seconds. BUT early hits also depend on how close that last OD note is to the one before it (and the tempo of the song). So in some cases, .082 seconds early might not be possible. In this case, .068 seems reasonable, but it just might be very difficult.

The 2nd activation in the song is easier (.065 second early hit required... plus a larger gap between notes). The third activation actually requires a .077 second early hit, but again, a larger gap between notes.

Which activations do you really have to make appear to not stray from the path you've posted? I know that if you don't get the first fill to appear, you don't pick up and OD or anything, so you could just continue, hoping to hit the other two. Is it the 2nd or 4th activation that really gets you that extra 6k?

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
Deathwish91  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Above "Optimal" Index: RB2 On-Disc Hard Diffic Reply with quote

Xpertlefty13 wrote:
the1and0nly1 wrote:
Xpertlefty13 wrote:
the1and0nly1 wrote:

Summer Of '69
0/OYG (Hit Early)
0/OYG (Hit Early)
0/OYG
0/OYG (Hit Early)
0/OG

Optimal Score: 151,975
Points Above "Optimal" Path: 6,200
Delay Needed: -300ms
Game Mode/(Difficulty): BNS/(X)

How early now? I couldn't get the first fill to pop up :/ (I did have BNS on, and a -300 audio lag setting)

And, the fill is supposed to come up right away, correct?

This is a pretty tough song, but if you can get the path, it's definitely worth it. The first activation needs to be hit .068 seconds early on that last OD note. To give you an idea of what this means, the earliest documented hit is .082 seconds. Due to this, I don't have any paths that involve an early hit requiring more than .082 seconds. BUT early hits also depend on how close that last OD note is to the one before it (and the tempo of the song). So in some cases, .082 seconds early might not be possible. In this case, .068 seems reasonable, but it just might be very difficult.

The 2nd activation in the song is easier (.065 second early hit required... plus a larger gap between notes). The third activation actually requires a .077 second early hit, but again, a larger gap between notes.

Which activations do you really have to make appear to not stray from the path you've posted? I know that if you don't get the first fill to appear, you don't pick up and OD or anything, so you could just continue, hoping to hit the other two. Is it the 2nd or 4th activation that really gets you that extra 6k?

Well, I was able to execute this path perfectly fine. Maybe I'm just really good at calibrated paths

edit: The key is to hit it earlier than you think you should. It is a pretty tough early hit. Give it another couple goes.

7:49 sokushi: the Guitarist is a chick
7:49 LEEMcBAM: I like chicks 8)
7:49 IAmTehWalrus: how do you know?
7:49 sokushi: she keeps missing
the1and0nly1  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Above "Optimal" Index: RB2 On-Disc Hard Diffic Reply with quote

Deathwish91 wrote:
Well, I was able to execute this path perfectly fine. Maybe I'm just really good at calibrated paths

Awesome! It's always helpful knowing which songs can be done and which can't. It gives me a better understanding of the game engine and timing window.

(4th riddle now available as of 8/19/09)
Feel free to PM me if you need any help!
Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathwish91 wrote:
edit: The key is to hit it earlier than you think you should. It is a pretty tough early hit. Give it another couple goes.

lol, I know how to squeeze and stuff, I'm pretty good at time frame abuse... I just can't get it to go :/

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
Deathwish91  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xpertlefty13 wrote:
Deathwish91 wrote:

lol, I know how to squeeze and stuff, I'm pretty good at time frame abuse... I just can't get it to go :/

Oh...that's not what I meant. I know that you know how to squeeze very well...but the early hits in Summer of '69 are particularly early. You really have to hit the last couple of notes really early for the fill to appear. Even earlier than you think you should. Try to really exaggerate the early hits. It is actually kinda hard to overhit on the early hit.

Sorry if you thought that I assumed you were not a good squeezer or anything. You are obviously very good.

eXcelon969  

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

surprised the WGFA path just got posted... that's how i have first on it with 99% lol

of course i do it playing normal at my 130ms offset. 300 not needed

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eXcelon969 wrote:
surprised the WGFA path just got posted... that's how i have first on it with 99% lol

of course i do it playing normal at my 130ms offset. 300 not needed

Haha yeah. This one slipped by me. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there was another long song with a lot of activations that has a path not posted. I tend to get kinda lazy with those :P

the1and0nly1  

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I just wanted to give people a head's up for a gigantic update for this thread within the next week. It'll make finding and comparing paths much, much easier and more convenient. Plus, it'll provide some additional information which help people decide which paths people may want to attempt.

I'm calling this update "Step 1" because it's only part of a huge process I'm going through to find every single remaining AO (Above Optimal) path out there. Step 1 is basically the re-construction of the thread along with updating all the current paths with additional information. Step 2 will consist of me posting approximately 150-200 more AO paths. As of now, I have 40 more after searching through only about 25% of the charts. Step 2 probably won't be complete for another 2 months or so. I will update the thread with the 40 new paths soon after I complete Step 1. Step 2 will continue to be posted in incriments of about 40 or so each time.

Hopefully this has caught some people's interest. I am looking forward to hearing feedback once it's complete.

Deathwish91  

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey 1and0nly1, I noticed that you changed the projected score of "Walking on Sunshine" to a "0" point increase. I just want to let you know that when I used your path I got a 200 point increase (209075 compared with the previous optimal 208875). I'm pretty sure I missed one back end at least so your projected optimal the first time should have been accurate.

Just wanted to let you know.

the1and0nly1  

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathwish91 wrote:
Hey 1and0nly1, I noticed that you changed the projected score of "Walking on Sunshine" to a "0" point increase. I just want to let you know that when I used your path I got a 200 point increase (209075 compared with the previous optimal 208875). I'm pretty sure I missed one back end at least so your projected optimal the first time should have been accurate.

Just wanted to let you know.
Thanks for the heads up. I wonder why I changed it to zero. I checked, and your 209,075 is actually optimal. Nice job

I'm not gonna fix the error in this thread, but when I make the big update it'll be fixed.

the1and0nly1  

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Phase 1 is now finished. The spreadsheet is uploaded and available to anyone who is interested.

1.) I tried to find a format that would make it easy for me to update, but also easy for people to access. Hopefully using MS Excel doesn't pose any problems for mac users.

2.) If there are any errors/questions/comments/suggestions, please post them here.

3.) The spreadsheet will be updated for each new path that I post. I will post the date of the update and which songs were included in it in the OP of this thread.

gladiators16  

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks amazing so far, if this was only phase 1, can't wait to see what's coming next. :O Just one thing I noticed, shouldn't the Aesthetics of Hate Hit Delays column thing have a couple cautionary off-timed hits [c] indicated? Because on some activations if you hit the OD slightly late the fills will not appear where it should be and mess up the path.

And is that Girls on Film DSO path new? I gotta try that one out.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gladiators16 wrote:
It looks amazing so far, if this was only phase 1, can't wait to see what's coming next. :O Just one thing I noticed, shouldn't the Aesthetics of Hate Hit Delays column thing have a couple cautionary off-timed hits [c] indicated? Because on some activations if you hit the OD slightly late the fills will not appear where it should be and mess up the path.

And is that Girls on Film DSO path new? I gotta try that one out.

I'm glad you're liking it! The AoH path has several activations with fills that appear 0.050 seconds later. They're not denoted with a "[c]" since the cutoffs for those are 0.040. The Girls on Film DSO path is new. I forgot I had added that to the list. Good luck with it! Let me know how it goes.

gladiators16  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could add my path for Summer of '69, it still gets you a good 2700 extra points, and if you manage to get the first fill to appear and not the others in your calibrated path then you can use this one.

0/OYG (Hit very early)
0/OYG
0/OY
0/OYG

Settings are the same.

Optimal should be 148,475 I think.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gladiators16 wrote:
You could add my path for Summer of '69, it still gets you a good 2700 extra points, and if you manage to get the first fill to appear and not the others in your calibrated path then you can use this one.

0/OYG (Hit very early)
0/OYG
0/OY
0/OYG

Settings are the same.

Optimal should be 148,475 I think.

There are actually a good number of songs which have more than one "above optimal" path but I made the decision to only post the best one for each song. Even though the path you just posted gives an increased score, I'm not sure if I'll include it in the thread. Just know that the same logic applies for other songs too. A partially successful calibrated path can give an increased score. The first one that I can think of off the top of my head is One Step Closer. Thanks for the suggestion though

Also, I'll use this opportunity to mention that more paths will be added, but I'm finishing up my temporary job this month, so things have been a little more hectic recently. Progress has been a little slower.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: