FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Above "Optimal" Index: 7/31/10: 7 New Songs! All Finished!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GugelHupf  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got a first place on Dead on Arrival and Spoonman with your Paths. Thanks!
but i canĀ“t get close to the "optimal" you provide
/me sux
First Ever Hammer Smashed Face OMB FC
Magic Bus Technical FC
YMB Intro Roll 90 % Speed FC
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: DerBIGugelHupf
the1and0nly1  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New DLC bump

(4th riddle now available as of 8/19/09)
Feel free to PM me if you need any help!
the1and0nly1  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DLC update bump.

the1and0nly1  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lego Rock Band Bump!

Facts:

1.) There are 13 paths (12 cal. paths and 1 DSO path. The DSO path is probably not possible but I included it anyway).
2.) Paths give a total increase of 20,900 points.
3.) The song with the biggest increase is Summer of '69 (6,200 points) In fact, this is the largest increase out of any above "optimal" path discovered so far.

For those of you that try any of these out, please let me know of any errors. Thanks!

the1and0nly1  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want everyone to know that I have 35 new paths which will be added probably by the end of next weekend (4/11). This will be every possible above "optimal" path for RB2 on-disc songs for Hard difficulty.

The cool thing about this, is that if all are done optimally, the additional scores from these paths will push the community top score total for on-disc songs past the 13 million mark!

Deathwish91  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey the1and0nly1! I'm pretty sure I've found a cali-path for Feel Good Drag (song just came out today). Just wanted to say that I've always enjoyed using your paths and I hope this is the right path (I think it is). Check out my video if you want:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jwTJcYBjIc

Here's the path: BNS, -200 ms, 0/OYG (hit early), 0/OYG (hit early), 0/OYG (hit late)

thanks for inspiring me to do this. I've always loved this song.

7:49 sokushi: the Guitarist is a chick
7:49 LEEMcBAM: I like chicks 8)
7:49 IAmTehWalrus: how do you know?
7:49 sokushi: she keeps missing
the1and0nly1  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathwish91 wrote:
Hey the1and0nly1! I'm pretty sure I've found a cali-path for Feel Good Drag (song just came out today). Just wanted to say that I've always enjoyed using your paths and I hope this is the right path (I think it is). Check out my video if you want:

Here's the path: BNS, -200 ms, 0/OYG (hit early), 0/OYG (hit early), 0/OYG (hit late)

That looks like a pretty darn good path to me. I compared it to Dogmatic2120's video to see how many notes your path covered up. Not many (which is a good thing ). And the fact that your score is about 6k higher than Sokushi's current score is also promising. Once the charts are released, I'll double check to make sure it's correct. If it is, I'll put it in my thread and specify you as the contributor.

P.S. Thanks for the comment as well I like to know that people are still looking at this thread.

gladiators16  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering, if a song has a +200 audio lag delay listed for example, would +300 also work? Sometimes I'm doing all the songs I can with +300 audio delay and really don't want to go back and change it for one song that has a +250 audio delay.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gladiators16 wrote:
I was wondering, if a song has a +200 audio lag delay listed for example, would +300 also work? Sometimes I'm doing all the songs I can with +300 audio delay and really don't want to go back and change it for one song that has a +250 audio delay.

Not always. Thinking about it now, I realize I should've just made every song 300ms when possible just for the convenience, but I don't think I did. I'll make an update for those when I do the big update this weekend.

the1and0nly1  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathwish91 wrote:

Now that ajanata has the charts out... your path is definitely the best one Once I make my big update, I'll make sure to add it to the list. Thanks for posting it!

Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I have two questions I was hoping someone could help me out with.

1. For a path where optimal requires not having BNS turned on, you can still follow that path with BNS on if the audio calibration is (-/+?) 300, correct?
EDIT: Um, based on some examples I've found (DwtS, Reptilia) you've marked these with an * and it's +300. (Again, if someone could confirm this for me, I'm not 100% sure...)

2. Is the rate at which fills appear the same for in RB2 on the Lego: Rock Band disc? Or, more directly what I'm looking for, all the paths in the Lego: Rock Band section will work on Lego: Rock Band, right?

Thanks!

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
the1and0nly1  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xpertlefty13 wrote:
Hey, I have two questions I was hoping someone could help me out with.

1. For a path where optimal requires not having BNS turned on, you can still follow that path with BNS on if the audio calibration is (-/+?) 300, correct?
EDIT: Um, based on some examples I've found (DwtS, Reptilia) you've marked these with an * and it's +300. (Again, if someone could confirm this for me, I'm not 100% sure...)

2. Is the rate at which fills appear the same for in RB2 on the Lego: Rock Band disc? Or, more directly what I'm looking for, all the paths in the Lego: Rock Band section will work on Lego: Rock Band, right?

Thanks!

1.) If I understand what you're asking then I think you're talking about the songs which are listed on Kawigi's site as having different optimal scores depending on which scroll speed you're using. Sometimes BNS will be higher, sometimes no BNS will be. The paths marked with an asterisk are the ones which brings the lower-scoring of the two scroll speeds up to the same value as the other. If you notice a song on Kawigi's site which has different optimal scores depending on the speed, and it's not listed here with an asterisk, it means it's not possible.

NOTE: As seen with Almost Easy, sometimes a path is marked with an asterisk, allowing it to give the same score as the better of the two scroll speeds from Kawigi's site, while the original better one is brought up even higher.

2.) I'm pretty sure the game engine works the same way for songs on the L:RB disc and for imported L:RB songs on the RB2 disc. The paths should work correctly no matter how you play them.

NOTE: I'm not sure if it has even been 100% confirmed that the time it takes for drum fills to appear in L:RB is the same as RB2, but I'm pretty sure they are... and this is what the paths are based on.

Deathwish91  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the1and0nly1 wrote:
Deathwish91 wrote:

Now that ajanata has the charts out... your path is definitely the best one Once I make my big update, I'll make sure to add it to the list. Thanks for posting it!

Great! Glad I could help ^_^

7:49 sokushi: the Guitarist is a chick
7:49 LEEMcBAM: I like chicks 8)
7:49 IAmTehWalrus: how do you know?
7:49 sokushi: she keeps missing
Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:20 am    Post subject: Re: Above "Optimal" Index: RB2 On-Disc Hard Diffic Reply with quote

the1and0nly1 wrote:

Summer Of '69
0/OYG (Hit Early)
0/OYG (Hit Early)
0/OYG
0/OYG (Hit Early)
0/OG

Optimal Score: 151,975
Points Above "Optimal" Path: 6,200
Delay Needed: -300ms
Game Mode/(Difficulty): BNS/(X)

How early now? I couldn't get the first fill to pop up :/ (I did have BNS on, and a -300 audio lag setting)

And, the fill is supposed to come up right away, correct?

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
the1and0nly1  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: Above "Optimal" Index: RB2 On-Disc Hard Diffic Reply with quote

Xpertlefty13 wrote:
the1and0nly1 wrote:

Summer Of '69
0/OYG (Hit Early)
0/OYG (Hit Early)
0/OYG
0/OYG (Hit Early)
0/OG

Optimal Score: 151,975
Points Above "Optimal" Path: 6,200
Delay Needed: -300ms
Game Mode/(Difficulty): BNS/(X)

How early now? I couldn't get the first fill to pop up :/ (I did have BNS on, and a -300 audio lag setting)

And, the fill is supposed to come up right away, correct?

This is a pretty tough song, but if you can get the path, it's definitely worth it. The first activation needs to be hit .068 seconds early on that last OD note. To give you an idea of what this means, the earliest documented hit is .082 seconds. Due to this, I don't have any paths that involve an early hit requiring more than .082 seconds. BUT early hits also depend on how close that last OD note is to the one before it (and the tempo of the song). So in some cases, .082 seconds early might not be possible. In this case, .068 seems reasonable, but it just might be very difficult.

The 2nd activation in the song is easier (.065 second early hit required... plus a larger gap between notes). The third activation actually requires a .077 second early hit, but again, a larger gap between notes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 14 of 17

Jump to: