FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
7/14 DLC - Big Dipper, Judas Priest, and The Dead Weather!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Hassle Night guitar SR:

100% notes hit
GS
167 NS

no leftoverdrive.

I mean, the song is short, but not /that/ short. It's a pretty minimalist guitar part. I had fun with it because the song is cool, but lol.

Hang you from the heavens I FC'd but no GS because of crap OD usage, and Treat Me Like Your Mother I GS'd with 97%. odd.

Anyways, I like the pack, and they sound great for drummers and vocalists, but are good for guitarists/bassists looking for something a little offkilter.

Off to play the rest!

edit1: Played the big dipper pack. nothing too amazing on guitar, but some cool (albiet simple) patterns and a decent amount of variation made them fun to play. that and the songs are pretty cool too. Younger Bums was a SRFC with decent OD and still GS on the last chord. x_x

Need to go, will SR judas priest when I get back.
AfterTheFlash  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Judas Priest Reply with quote

The sound quality on the priest pack is top notch. The drum tracks on the priest pack are pretty fun. Enough to give your kick pedal a bit of a work out. With Prophecy being the easy track.
Megashot  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone interested in the Big Dipper pack, on the Marketplace (not the music store) the pack is available for 240 Microsoft Points! Just checked, so unless it's a pricing error (which it might be), you might want to hurry and get it for cheap if you are interested in that band, lol. The new DLC is not up for me in the in-game Music Store on Rock Band 2, but they are on the Marketplace.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Cool223 PSN Name: Megashot
AfterTheFlash  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megashot wrote:
For anyone interested in the Big Dipper pack, on the Marketplace (not the music store) the pack is available for 240 Microsoft Points! Just checked, so unless it's a pricing error (which it might be), you might want to hurry and get it for cheap if you are interested in that band, lol. The new DLC is not up for me in the in-game Music Store on Rock Band 2, but they are on the Marketplace.

It was the same for me, I had to get it from the market place.
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the week seems alright for bassists and vocalists. For drummers, The Dead Weather is all kinds of win and for guitarists, Judas Priest has a bunch of awesome and fun solos.

I'll get the entire Judas Priest pack being primarily a Guitarist (plus I luv Priest), but I think I'll pass the others. Big Dipper's charts are meh and The Dead Weather only looks fun on Drums (unless you like the band), neither of them are auditorily stimulating for me either.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
Megashot  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AfterTheFlash wrote:
Megashot wrote:

It was the same for me, I had to get it from the market place.

Songs are up now in the in-game Music Store, and after browsing on the official Rock Band 2 forums, one of the HMX guys (I think Henry?) commented and said that the price for the Big Dipper pack is 240 MS Points officially, and not 440 as stated in the press release, lol.

Anyways, the Big Dipper tracks sound interesting to me, and Judas Priest tracks are always welcome in my opinion. Not too sure what to think about the Dead Weather pack, it seems like it's more suited for drummers than guitarists.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Cool223 PSN Name: Megashot
Skwisgaar666  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redlar wrote:
All Judas Priest tracks are a blast on guitar.
Eat me alive being the star for having the hardest solo, not to say that Prophecy and Dissident Agressor don't shine through, because they're also fun. Shame about the voice, but from a classic like Judas Priest, you can't really expect them to sound the same as they did 20 years ago.

Yeah... uh I saw them live like 2 days ago... They still sound amazing... I'm sure it's just the recording.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gave them a run through on vox this morning, pretty fun stuff overall.

She's Fetching was a painful sightread tho.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
kajota  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, we get a song from the filthy fifteen. Here's hoping for (Animal) Fuck Like a Beast next.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: kajota PSN Name: kajota
Stormrider2112  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kajota wrote:
Cool, we get a song from the filthy fifteen. Here's hoping for (Animal) Fuck Like a Beast next.
Haha, yeah I was kinda shocked nothing was edited out from EMA...like the "I'm gonna force you at gunpoint...to eat....me alive!" Nothing like violence and gay rape to make the PMRC joyous

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skwisgaar666 wrote:
redlar wrote:
All Judas Priest tracks are a blast on guitar.
Eat me alive being the star for having the hardest solo, not to say that Prophecy and Dissident Agressor don't shine through, because they're also fun. Shame about the voice, but from a classic like Judas Priest, you can't really expect them to sound the same as they did 20 years ago.

Yeah... uh I saw them live like 2 days ago... They still sound amazing... I'm sure it's just the recording.

Ah Right. I'm a big Priest fan myself, just not got round to seeing them in the flesh.

Npeaen wrote:
See! There is a benefit to wasting away far too much time on fake plastic guitars!

More... plastic guitars...
iTzAeroMaiden  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fail week for WiiLC.

We need the Screaming for Vengeance album and moar Motley Crue NAO!
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Stormrider2112 wrote: Haha, yeah I was kinda shocked nothing was edited out from EMA...like the "I'm gonna force you at gunpoint...to eat....me alive!" Nothing like violence and gay rape to make the PMRC joyous

Yeah, I would think stuff like that and "the rod of steel injects" and "you're well equipped to take it all" would together obviously give anybody the clear idea of (oral) sex at gunpoint, but whatever Harmonix does with censoring is up to them.

Speaking of Eat Me Alive, it's definitely the best song this week for Guitar. I advise getting it, if not the whole Priest pack if you're a Guitarist. for bassists Judas Priest is the best pack, although Treat Me Like Your Mother by The Dead Weather is the funnest single song.

Nalk  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question on No Hassle Night:

In full band play, will Guitar/Bass have an opportunity to save Drums before the band fails out? Is there enough overdrive/unison bonus?

I want to get the whole pack, but one of my requirements for DLC is that its passable in a full band.
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Guitar and Bass will not have a chance to save drums.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: