FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
7/14 DLC - Big Dipper, Judas Priest, and The Dead Weather!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: 7/14 DLC - Big Dipper, Judas Priest, and The Dead Weather! Reply with quote

This week's DLC features the following tracks, now up for score-tracking:

• All Going Out Together by Big Dipper
    Chart previews: Guitar (video by ???), Bass (video by ???), Drums (video by ???), Vocals (video by ???)

• She’s Fetching by Big Dipper
    Chart previews: Guitar (video by ???), Bass (video by ???), Drums (video by ???), Vocals (video by ???)

• Younger Bums by Big Dipper

• Dissident Aggressor (Live) by Judas Priest

• Eat Me Alive (Live) by Judas Priest

• Prophecy (Live) by Judas Priest

• Hang You From the Heavens by The Dead Weather

• No Hassle Night by The Dead Weather

• Treat Me Like Your Mother by The Dead Weather

Wii only (previously released elsewhere):

• Blue Morning, Blue Day by Foreigner

• Feels Like the First Time by Foreigner

• Headknocker by Foreigner

• Mr. Brightside by The Killers

• Smile Like You Mean It by The Killers

• Spaceman by The Killers

• Crackity Jones by The Pixies

• Dead by The Pixies

• Debaser by The Pixies

• Gouge Away by The Pixies

• Here Comes Your Man by The Pixies

• Hey by The Pixies

• I Bleed by The Pixies

• La La Love You by The Pixies

• Monkey Gone to Heaven by The Pixies

• Mr. Grieves by The Pixies

• No 13 Baby by The Pixies

• Silver by The Pixies

• Tame by The Pixies

• There Goes My Gun by The Pixies

• Image of the Invisible by Thrice

• Weapon of Choice by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

• Sweet Talk by Dear and the Headlights

• Hey John, What’s Your Name Again? by The Devil Wears Prada

Rock Band Unplugged:

• My Iron Lung by Radiohead

• My Curse by Killswitch Engage
The "Big Dipper", "Judas Priest", and "The Dead Weather" packs are available for $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points), and each track individually costs $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points). Available on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace, PLAYSTATION®Network (7/16).

Wii tracks are $2.00 (200 Wii Points) each, and the Unplugged DLC is $1.99 per track on the PSP system.

Chart preview video links will be added as they become available. Enjoy!

Last edited by JCirri on Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
iJosh  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...I don't know ANY of these songs, and the only band I had heard of before was Judas Priest. Why can't they ever put up obscure artists I know about?!?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iJosh wrote:
Wow...I don't know ANY of these songs, and the only band I had heard of before was Judas Priest. Why can't they ever put up obscure artists I know about?!?

I definitely wouldn't call Judas Priest obscure.

Speaking of Priest, great to see more of them. Always though they were a great fit for RB. Will be picking those up.
JizzleWright  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always good to have more Priest but the only song there I like is Eat Me Alive, I haven't heard of the other 2 bands though.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dead Weather is the win of the week

check out No Hassle Night

whoever FCs that song on drums get's a cookie
Adohu  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched these on Lee's stream, and this is how they seem:

Big Dipper is basically a boring version of The Fratellis. Nothing looks that special on drums, and from what I can hear, any other instrument.

Prophecy looked boring as hell on drums, Dissident Aggressor has constant bass triplets on drums that seemed the speed of Indestructible. Eat Me Alive had a Painkiller-esque part near the end, but nothing special overall in any of the songs. Guitar sound like a blast on them, though, ESPECIALLY Eat Me Alive (Devil tier on guitar, too).

The Dead Weather songs seem like one of the best 3-packs for drums. Hang You From The Heavens And Treat Me Like Your Mother have really interesting beats, with a bunch of rolls, two drum solos in one of the songs, and two insanely fast rolls in each. They both look extremely fun. No Hassle Night is devil tiered on drums. You'll understand when you play the first 10 seconds of it. That's basically it, 10 seconds of absolute nightmare (think of one Young Man Blues roll, but with random bass everywhere), and then the rest is pretty much dull. As in, a tier 0-2 song. I don't see it being FCed anytime soon. Actually, I may consider it harder than any of the Mayhem songs to FC. Doesn't seem all that fun, though, overall. Dunno how they may be on guitar, couldn't hear it well.

Last edited by Adohu on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: adohuu
viper565  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really looking forward to the dead weather. If we get some white stripes and maybe the kills, then that would be amazing.

www.highschoolorlower.com | VISIT OR PERISH
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ViperX66
redlar  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Judas Priest tracks are a blast on guitar.
Eat me alive being the star for having the hardest solo, not to say that Prophecy and Dissident Agressor don't shine through, because they're also fun. Shame about the voice, but from a classic like Judas Priest, you can't really expect them to sound the same as they did 20 years ago.

Dead Weather is a bit bland. No Hassle Night and Hang You From the Heavens are incredibly boring, maybe good if you enjoy the band? I don't know, but I didn't enjoy them. Treat Me Like Your Mother probably coming in as the strongest track Guitar-wise, but it's still nothing that makes you jump out of your seat.

Big Dipper, as stated before, is like a boring version of the Fratellis. Pretty standard charting, kinda fun, but I don't see myself ever wanting to play them again.

Npeaen wrote:
See! There is a benefit to wasting away far too much time on fake plastic guitars!

More... plastic guitars...
Salamence20  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

360 players, are they up yet???
viper565  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salamence20 wrote:
360 players, are they up yet???

They're up on the website which means they're up on the marketplace.

www.highschoolorlower.com | VISIT OR PERISH
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ViperX66
MrDukkie  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:3 Still wanting a That Handsome Devil pack >.>

But seriously, why have I only heard of Judas Priest in this set, and why have I not heard of any of those songs by them...?

They need to have a handicap. Like, their controllers have an extra lane and corresponding button/pad. Also they're all one color. And someone's shooting rubber bands at them.
EnragedLobster  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Big Dipper songs surprised me, they are damn good songs. Honestly, to me, the Priest songs are the worst-sounding songs of the week, and I came into this week only looking forward to Priest.

The Dead Weather stuff seems awesome on drums and Priest seems pretty good on guitar. I'll gladly be getting all three packs today.
3. Kaki King - Junior
4. Porcupine Tree - In Absentia
5. Protest the Hero - Kezia

OCEAT  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adohu wrote:
The Dead Weather songs seem like one of the best 3-packs for drums. Hang You From The Heavens And Treat Me Like Your Mother have really interesting beats, with a bunch of rolls, two drum solos in one of the songs, and two insanely fast rolls in each. They both look extremely fun.

I might hae to pick those up; you got me intrigued. Are Wii getting those this week? If not, I still have Spaceman.
Overall, looks like a solid week of DLC: nothing incredible, nothing mediocre, just solid.
daftpunkenstein  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiiLC = win! definitely getting some Foreigner and some of the pixies!!
#WiiSwag
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it finally happened. the total cost of all RB DLC has broken $1000. that includes buying everything in packs. next landmark is for the total song count to break 800, which will easily happen before 2010.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: