FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
7/7 DLC- Green Day and Mayhem Fest Packs!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drewbles  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Behemoth.... YES!

Slayer..... HOLY SHIT! \m/

Location: Searching for the White Whale in the ocean, and I swear I will find him and venge my ivory leg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH GOD.
or, according to most of the artist's themes:
THERE IS NO GOD.
i thought for sure it would have just been erache thrash pack 02...
BucketBlue  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. My. GOD. This is like the first time I've been REALLY FUCKING EXCITED for new RB DLC. I friggin' love Behemoth and Corpse. *rushes to go get MSpoints*

mr-apples  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

July 7th, 2009, a date which will live in infamy, the empire of Harmonix suddenly and deliberately punched every expert drummer repeatedly in the balls.
buttfaceninja  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss the days when I could proudly say "yes I can pass all of the expert songs available on drums."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For East Jesus Nowhere, give ukog a week or two.

BigSnatch  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the Mayhem songs were everything I had hoped for (X - Guitar). The big winners for me were Slayer and especially Behemoth, because I love those bands. But the other songs in the pack were pretty fun as well, albeit sometimes a little hard to grasp the riffs. I wasn't near failing any of them but I constantly had problems with riffs that were a gallop followed by a chord instead of a gallop ending in a chord.
Well, no, not really. See, with the banana, you have the choice to eat it soon after buying it, avoiding the rotting situation and enjoying some tasty food while it's fresh. The situation with Bat Country, on the other hand, is venting over an inevitability. It's more like "Death, taxes, and 12-year-olds overplaying Avenged Sevenfold songs online."
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxCthi3L93xXx wrote:
even tho u couldve had a better Job for A Cowboy song)

Altered from Catchezation? Give that a listen, the blasts are out of this world.

I wish there was a way to obtain 60 points w/o buying 1000 and then 500 from the MS store

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
Romanticide  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the Mayhem pack (minus Marilyn Manson) and the Evanescence packs. I still need like at least seven songs, which I'll get when I decide to redeem some more codes or buy more points. D=

Anyway, the Mayhem stuff is pretty fun on expert guitar. The Slayer song is dull to play, though. The solos are pretty difficult, and they're the only part resembling "fun" because you do something other than strum green/some chords. Other than that, great stuff. The Behemoth and Black Dahlia Murder tracks were probably my favorite to play/listen to.

Screaming these will be awesome too. Too bad family is around.

The Evanescence pack was fairly easy on guitar. No shock there. But all of these songs sound alright, and I still need a Weight of the World FC. I already FCed Bring Me to Life on vocals, and I'll probably try for the others. I'll be playing them for a while.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got some points and bought the Mayhem pack. So far, all I've played is Black Magic, Hammer Smashed Face, Conquer All, and What a Horrible Night on drums. I passed Black Magic and HSF on sightread without much problem, only 4* and 3* respectively, though, but the tempo changes in both really threw me for a loop on sightread, I'll be able to add at least one more star to both of them without too much effort.

The other two, though...goddamn. I got past the first set of blasts in Conquer All (the reverse ones) by crossing hands, but then proceeded to fail the next set of normal blasts almost instantly.

What a Horrible Night was just...wow. I didn't even get to the blasts in that one before failing horribly.

Hopefully the rest of the pack is as awesome as these four songs have been, I'll play the others tomorrow. Hopefully I'll pass all of them, none of them seem that outrageous to pass. Get a good score on, though, hell no.

I'll also plow through the pack on vocals and guitar tomorrow, maybe I'll get bass as well, but I might not have the time for it.
3. Kaki King - Junior
4. Porcupine Tree - In Absentia
5. Protest the Hero - Kezia

D3NVR07  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw the drum charts and....wow we bitched for expert+ and HMX gaves us a cluster fuck of notes...nice.

Scorehero's Straight-up ghetto black kid. PEOPLE QUIT BEING DAMN DELICATES!!
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: D3NVR07 PSN Name: D3NVR07
DyersEve  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D3NVR07 wrote:
I just saw the drum charts and....wow we bitched for expert+ and HMX gaves us a cluster fuck of notes...nice.

Funny thing is, if it was expert + there would be a LOT more bass notes in all the songs, so imagine that.
harukofan  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you'll excuse me, I have to go kill someone to make some money.
I need a lot of these songs RIGHT NOW.
I'm glad Skullcrusher Mountain finally made it to Wii.
radoaos  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sightread FC manson on drums.
5 star next 3 mayhem drums on Sightread (including hammer smashed)
Tried each of the 4 final songs, failed... turned on no fail mode... still failed
Sick ass songs though. They will make me good as all at hitting l/r hands at the same time really fast.
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week is definitely making a lot of people happy. It also makes me glad I'm not a drummer. Thinking about playing these songs on X Drums, I'd rather be repeatedly hit in the head with a shovel and then have my heart carved out with a spoon. They look really painful.

Beyond that, just about all of the Mayhem pack look fun on Guitar and Bass. I don't know how many of them I'll be picking up. The Green Day pack does not look fun on Guitar. While EJN will be difficult to FC, chordfests aren't really fun (at least imo).

banjokazooie wrote:
Quote:
Conquer All is a TOTAL knock off of the far superior song "Be All End All" By Anthrax, that riff is unmistakeable.

While the riff is incredibly similar (meaning most of the songs are practically the same) I wouldn't call the song a "TOTAL knock off". The solos are different and the drumming is too as well as the singing. Overall, they sound very different, but the riff is unmistakably similar.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: