FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
7/7 DLC- Green Day and Mayhem Fest Packs!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZekeKatana  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'm one of this only ones to say this but....fuck yes green day...
(- '.'- ) This is Bunny. Copy and paste into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Priddo  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZekeKatana wrote:
Wow, I'm one of this only ones to say this but....fuck yes green day...

Don't worry, I'm with you. Though I look forward to getting some older stuff in the future.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberRaiza wrote:
This week is definitely making a lot of people happy. It also makes me glad I'm not a drummer. Thinking about playing these songs on X Drums, I'd rather be repeatedly hit in the head with a shovel and then have my heart carved out with a spoon. They look really painful.

Beyond that, just about all of the Mayhem pack look fun on Guitar and Bass. I don't know how many of them I'll be picking up. The Green Day pack does not look fun on Guitar. While EJN will be difficult to FC, chordfests aren't really fun (at least imo).

banjokazooie wrote:
Quote:
Conquer All is a TOTAL knock off of the far superior song "Be All End All" By Anthrax, that riff is unmistakeable.

While the riff is incredibly similar (meaning most of the songs are practically the same) I wouldn't call the song a "TOTAL knock off". The solos are different and the drumming is too as well as the singing. Overall, they sound very different, but the riff is unmistakably similar.

Yeah, calling that a total knockoff was my inner Anthrax maniac speaking, but the riff is the same, it's not even close. I'm not big on Behemoth to begin with, but hearing that kickass riff from (in my opinion) Anthrax's best song in a mediocre death metal song made me a little uneasy...

On to my opinions on the songs I bought-

Black Magic- It's not Thrasher speed, but it is longer and there are less breaks. The solos are fun but very difficult FC's.. This could remain unFC'd for a month or so. Overall I enjoyed this song, I mean after all it is Slayer, and that's never a bad thing.

Hammer Smashed Face- A very fun guitar song with some tricky tempo changes. The strumming near the end is the only truly difficult section, but overall if you have fun with songs like Aesthetics of Hate or Visions that have strumming and fretting at the same time, then I'd reccomend this one.

What A Horrible Night to Have a Curse- If those gallops were 1 NPS slower this song would be one of the best to play in the whole catalogue, but it feels like timing window abuse is necessary to hit them... The chorus riff is mercifully charted as hammerons, and the solo is pretty easy, I'd equate it with Prequel to the Sequel plus a little bit. Overall, the funnest song I bought this week, mainly because I enjoy the song and there's a bit of everything in it.

Progress: 20/42, Last: Love Bites (So Do I) (9th ever FC cross-platform!)

Best FCs-
FCPREMIX, TtL CoD, CoP, NotB (GH3), RtL, Wasted Years, Peace Sells (RB)
maxxxers  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Wii also got evanescence, spinal tap, warped tour 01, and maroon 5 packs
fmadmonk  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This pack is the most fun I've had on XGuitar in a long time. SRFC Marilyn Manson (easy song) then 4-5* the rest on sightread. Here I expected to fail one of these at least on sightread, but never saw the red. For anyone on the fence about these guitar charts, they are a blast to play and are not the most difficult things out there. Cannibal Corpse and JFaC songs were the highlights for me strictly from the standpoint of playing them.

I gotta be honest though, that black funk-style guy that RB creates just looked downright out of place singing HSF. =o
Mr.Taco  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is probably the best pack ive enjoyed since the megadeth albulm (sorry maiden pack didnt do it for me) good job harmonix
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

banjokazooie wrote:

What A Horrible Night to Have a Curse- If those gallops were 1 NPS slower this song would be one of the best to play in the whole catalogue, but it feels like timing window abuse is necessary to hit them... The chorus riff is mercifully charted as hammerons, and the solo is pretty easy, I'd equate it with Prequel to the Sequel plus a little bit. Overall, the funnest song I bought this week, mainly because I enjoy the song and there's a bit of everything in it.

Timing window abuse isn't necessary. I was losing combo all the time then realized I was strumming too fast. o_0

I'd place it somewhere in between RTTH and This Calling speed. Not as slow as the former but not as fast as the latter. Of course this is basic impressions, correct me if I'm wrong.
MagikTek  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

banjokazooie wrote:

Black Magic- It's not Thrasher speed, but it is longer and there are less breaks. The solos are fun but very difficult FC's.. This could remain unFC'd for a month or so. Overall I enjoyed this song, I mean after all it is Slayer, and that's never a bad thing.

GuitarHeroPhenom FC'd it.
Haggarduser  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still not out on PSN...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haggarduser wrote:
It's still not out on PSN...

Thursday is PSN update day

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chucklestyle wrote:
e24412 wrote:
question for anyone in the know - is the curse song a reference to castlevania 2?

Dude, I googled the lyrics and there's no way it's not about Castlevania 2.
no the title is a intended reference but the actual song isn't.
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my sig may transform into a list people who are lost why its not out on PS3 by Wednesday afternoon. Maybe..

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
drummerforlives  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jack1oo wrote:
Chucklestyle wrote:
e24412 wrote:
question for anyone in the know - is the curse song a reference to castlevania 2?

Dude, I googled the lyrics and there's no way it's not about Castlevania 2.
no the title is a intended reference but the actual song isn't.

this just made me very confused face
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, This Is Exile is not an instant 100% on vocals.

All (6) other scorehero scores are fc's, but mine is a 98, as I missed on the first two "this is exile" phrases and came close to missing many others.

It's not broken in ANY way, but you can't just monotone your way through it and FC it every time like the rest of the all talkie songs this week.

As for my thoughts on this week...

it's totally awesome. Amazing guitar charts, that I keep playing over and over. Especially for someone who loves gallops.

Drums most of us figured "oh, a week full of arm and leg killers, but little redeeming value outside of pure endurance and difficulty" but we actually got plenty of varied, interesting patterns in our drum charts. Along with dead arms and legs.

Bass is pretty much fantastic throughout.

Vocals are fun to growl through...

And I also bought the green day pack. Not particularly fun, but reasonably enjoyable, and although I can take or leave "know your enemy" I thought East Jesus Nowhere was a decent song (I had never heard it before), and for some reason I've always loved 21 Guns.

So for the greenday pack, coming from an unbiased perspective (I neither love the band nor hate them), the green day pack is... average. I neither love it nor hate it.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxxxers wrote:
the Wii also got evanescence, spinal tap, warped tour 01, and maroon 5 packs

These songs have now been added.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: