FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
7/7 DLC- Green Day and Mayhem Fest Packs!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: 7/7 DLC- Green Day and Mayhem Fest Packs! Reply with quote

This week's DLC features the following tracks, now up for score-tracking:

• 21 Guns by Green Day
    Chart previews: Guitar (video by ???), Bass (video by ???), Drums (video by ???), Vocals (video by ???)

• East Jesus Nowhere by Green Day
    Chart previews: Guitar (video by ???), Bass (video by ???), Drums (video by ???), Vocals (video by ???)

• Know Your Enemy by Green Day

• Conquer All by Behemoth

• What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse by Black Dahlia Murder

• Hammer Smashed Face by Cannibal Corpse

• Empire of the Gun by God Forbid

• Embedded by Job for a Cowboy

• Disposable Teens by Marilyn Manson

• Black Magic by Slayer

• This Is Exile by Whitechapel

Wii only (previously released elsewhere):

• All tracks listed above!

• Self Esteem by The Offspring

• Nearly Lost You by Screaming Trees

• Push It by Static-X

• Shh.... by The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets

• Skullcrusher Mountain by Jonathan Coulton

• Livin’ at the Corner of Dude Catastrophe by MC Frontalot

• Natural Disaster by Plain White T’s

• Bandages by Hot Hot Heat

• Shoot the Runner by Kasabian

• You’re No Rock N’ Roll Fun by Sleater-Kinney

• Love Spreads by The Stone Roses

• Dune Buggy by The Presidents of the USA

• Feather Pluckn by The Presidents of the USA

• Ladybug by The Presidents of the USA

• Gone by Crooked X

• Stop! by Against Me!

• Laid to Rest by Lamb of God
The Green Day pack is available for $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points), the Mayhem Pack is available for $13.49 (1,080 Microsoft Points), and each track individually costs $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points). Available on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace, PLAYSTATION®Network (7/9).

Chart preview video links will be added as they become available. Enjoy!

Last edited by JCirri on Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
tRiViUm256  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome. gonna buy it all this week.
Akumu  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched Blindzor play What a Horrible night... and he failed his sightread.

It is truly insane.

EDIT: He failed a few more times too. Still hasn't beat it, about 30 seconds in.

ANOTHER EDIT:
bLiNdz0r wrote:
My whole fucking body hurts... This will never be FC'd, I'm telling you now.

Last edited by Akumu on Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Teecee  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we get some old school Green Day now?
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: CL0VAH PSN Name: TrickTwo
Tizzzzz  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crossposting the Mayhem tiers from the misc. topic for convenience:

Behemoth - "Conquer All"
G: 5
D: 6
V: 0
B: 5

Black Dahlia Murder - "What a Horrible Night..."
G: 6
B: 6

Cannibal Corpse - "Hammer Smashed Face"

God Forbid - "Empire of the Gun"
V: 1
B: 4

Job for a Cowboy - "Embedded"

Marilyn Manson - "Disposable Teens"
G: 1
D: 3
V: 2
B: 1

Slayer - "Black Magic"
V: 2

Whitechapel - "This Is Exile"
G: 5
B: 5

Looking forward to seeing these crazy charts.
akiro  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is like, the most awesome DLC ever. I love almost all the bands included in the pack, I urgently have to buy some MS points.
<3 HMX.

I hope they give us another Mayhem pack like they did with the Warped Tour one. :amen:

And by the way, Hammer Smashed Face is amazingly epic.

Last edited by akiro on Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
mutantfreek  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant wait to get the Mayhem pack...playing Cannibal Corpse and Behemoth on drums is goin to be INSANE.
Carungi  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embedded, Conquer All, What A Horrible Night and This Is Exile are now more difficult than Panic Attack on Harmonix's tiering system, with This is Exile being the hardest and Embedded being the closest to Panic Attack.

Yea, drummers are gonna die.
L0LXD  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey i will be posting sightread of all these songs (including green day) on my youtube channel. i will post them as soon as my parents wake up, which is around 7:30-8:00...man that was a long night,lol. i will be uploading the videos through out the day..since it takes my craptop about 30 mins to upload 1 video
here is the link for my channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/rbdrummer4life

edit: these will be drum sightreads

My DLC

Last edited by L0LXD on Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
ford2112  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well east jesus nowhere ever be FC'ed on expert guitar? I just played it and got to the end and since its so early im using the dpad but it looked pretty fast. Aesthetics of Hate fast?
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesus christ the slayer solo's are messy

black magic in general is difficult on guitar LOTS of fast strumming. its not quite the next thrasher though.

what a horrible night to have a curse is also difficult as the gallops in the main riff etc are really fast (atr speed maybe)

conquer all is alot of fun with nothing extremely difficult in it

Last edited by FL4RE on Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Flyxolydian
-Magnum-  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquer All is very fun on guitar. On drums, the double bass is extremely challenging, as it goes for basically the whole song, unrelentingly. Oh yeah, and there are the blasts and hard fills to deal with.

I haven't beaten any of the songs I bought (Conquer All, Hammer Smashed Face, This is Exile, What A Horrible Night..., Black Magic) on expert drums yet, but I've only tried some of them.

Conquer All, This is Exile, What A Horrible Night, and Embedded are above Panic Attack on drum difficulty, with This Is Exile being the hardest and Embedded the easiest out of those four.

[X] Top 100 in a song (Soothsayer - #32)
..... (Exo Politics - #99)

The Ultimate Bonus Songs Guide
Anatomizing The Cliffs Of Dover - 5* & FC Guide
Beast And The Harlot - Expert - 5* Guide
Stricken Guide v.1.1
TB666  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well played all the mayhem songs on hard guitar.
All of them were alot of fun and cannibal Corpse provided the best challenge for me.
No doubt the best pack since Alice Cooper.

Bathory and Summoning rules.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TB688
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. So I woke up at 6 AM, ate, then booted up my 360 and found out the tracks weren't on the Music Store, so I had to go to the Dashboard to find them. I picked up Black Magic, Hammer Smashed Face, Embedded, Conquer All and This is Exile. I would have got the whole pack, but I didn't have enough points. :\

Black Magic was pretty cool on guitar, although I missed the 5* by a portion, and I didn't activate in the solo, which caused me to end up going into the BRE at the end with overdrive...that was mildly embarassing. I could definitely 5* it though. Then I played it on Bass, which I pulled out the 5* in. Tom Araya is awesome.

I didn't 5* Hammer Smashed Face on Guitar OR Bass. It was pretty tough. I got (5*'d) Embedded on both; didn't find it THAT difficult. The other two were kinda cool, too.

I'll get the other tracks when I get more points, and I have liked what i've played of it, but with all due respect, for Guitar and Bass, I have to say I liked the Iron Maiden pack more.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, we have a new final drum song: This is Exile. This is how the final 8 songs of the final tier are listed now:

Visions
Painkiller
Hammer Smashed Face
Panic Attack
Embedded
Conquer All
What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse
This is Exile

This week is serious business. Here's what I've played so far:

Guitar: Only played This is Exile and Black Magic. This is Exile was pretty sweet and had a lot of variety. This will be a pretty tricky 5* however. Black Magic was actually really easy outside of the solos. The strumming wasn't that fast, and it was very easy to keep a combo. Really fun overall, but definitely the easiest Slayer song in a rhythm game yet, and the only one I ever 5*'d my sightread (unless you count RB is GHSH, but I failed it once before 5*ing it the next run).

Drums: The tiers I have listed above are well deserved. On This is Exile, I failed twice at 17% at the blast beats. WaHNtHaC (lol abbreviations) is also fucking nuts, and I failed that one pretty early on too. Conquer All wasn't too hard at first, but I have double pedals. If you don't, this song will destroy your foot... until you get to the blast beats, where I failed. Hammer Smashed Face wasn't as hard as the others. I don't remember where I failed, but I did. Remember the part that repeated RY a lot on Visions? Imagine that with bass on each note, and you have HSF.

EDIT: Also played Hammer Smashed Face, Horrible Night and Embedded on guitar, HSF on bass. HSF is pretty awesome on bass, as it's like a slightly easier version of the guitar chart, which is pretty hard. They are virtually identical. Both charts are actually very reminiscent in Visions as well. 4* on each. Horrible Night was pretty darn fun! The gallops were fun, the solo was tight, and the repeating hammer-on bits were cool. Embedded was probably the easiest one yet, and probably the funnest. Something about it was just awesome.
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]

Last edited by hiddenzombie013 on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: