FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
new material for EL drum pads?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexonfire  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:07 am    Post subject: new material for EL drum pads? Reply with quote

so i got an EL drumset in the mail today, and after playing a song on it, i noticed that the pads falt different than my other EL sets i've had. the rubber playing surface was kinda squishy, and when hit, would leave a small indentation on the rubber, which would go away after a few seconds. i compared the surface directly with another EL set i had laying around, and they were much different. for starters, the new EL's rubber pads seemed slightly thicker. when hit, they were much quieter than the old EL's pads, and they felt like they had better rebound too.

has anyone else gotten a new EL set recently with these new pads on them? they seem much better than the old ones, and hopefully, they will make my EL set last longer than 2 days before they crack.

Megabert  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm not sure if it's the same EL, but one of my friends got an EL with his set, and it's loud and the pads are hard, and my EL is significantly quieter, the small indentations you mentioned appear when I hit, and the kick pedal is virtually unbreakable (believe me, I tried). I got my set in mid-late February, and my friend got his a month earlier, so yeah, there's apparently a new EL set that's been revised a little.

(sorry about the length, I tend to ramble a bit)

AaRoNGhIi  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got one of those... i think... they are really squishy... they work extremely better than my old set... i havent had any problemss with it yet...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: