FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
alexhaz64- LTBR (Live) 100% FC! BYH+CoP (RBB) 100% FCs! RB3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
FL4RE wrote:
Shoulder to the Plow is definitely a top 4 FC, Odd Riff 2 is just such a stupid section to hit. Very well done! Bodhisattva shouldn't be out of the question, which part are you struggling with?

Primarily fast picking, both the hopo chords and the part immediately after. I kind of have a tapping method for the latter but it's very inconsistent. I'm not great at the outro solo either, don't know if I've ever hit the trips and the trill in one run lol

Hmm, from memory I just treated the HOPO chords like a quad zigzag, never seemed to miss really. And for the bit after, I just hit it 1-handed but almost felt like I was fretting too fast, seemed consistent.

For the outro solo, try hitting the trips in 2nd position, and tapping the trill (easier to control).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
Welcome to the SttP club! That is still my single best FC on RB to date IMO, moreso since it was on PS2. I'm still salty about reverse choking Peace Sells in that rivalry with Geeg, though.

Gratz on the 83/84 XBass, too! GL with the (hopefully) eventual RB2 XGuitar FGFC!

Yeah that is a great FC and you should certainly be proud of it! Not gonna lie, knowing that you had the FC helped motivate me to keep grinding it. "If voided can do it, certainly I can too!" lol... I had my share of reverse chokes on Peace Sells as well, that song is brutal throughout. My advice is to tap the high notes of the final zig, but that may not work for everyone.

RB2 FGFC would be amazing, and might be possible long term... it's really hard though lol

GP69 wrote:
Good stuff. Yeah Visions on bass is ridiculous, even on the RB3 engine.

I believe you can get Bodhisattva, it's hard and chokable but you can do it. If I remember correctly, to hit the fast chords on RB2, I found it best to just use one pair of fingers and slide up and down.

This is the way. I am now able to hit the chords somewhat consistently with this method. That being said, the descending staircase thingy afterward is still really hard, and the trill in solo 3 is just dumb. I'll keep playing it here and there, who knows what could happen...

FL4RE wrote:
alexhaz64 wrote:
FL4RE wrote:
Shoulder to the Plow is definitely a top 4 FC, Odd Riff 2 is just such a stupid section to hit. Very well done! Bodhisattva shouldn't be out of the question, which part are you struggling with?

Primarily fast picking, both the hopo chords and the part immediately after. I kind of have a tapping method for the latter but it's very inconsistent. I'm not great at the outro solo either, don't know if I've ever hit the trips and the trill in one run lol

Hmm, from memory I just treated the HOPO chords like a quad zigzag, never seemed to miss really. And for the bit after, I just hit it 1-handed but almost felt like I was fretting too fast, seemed consistent.

For the outro solo, try hitting the trips in 2nd position, and tapping the trill (easier to control).

So far the two finger method that GP69 mentioned has worked for me with the chords. I have to tap the next part, my fingers aren't fast/coordinated enough to one hand lol. For the outro solo, I hit the trips in third position, and tap the trill like you said. I did hit the full section once in practice, so it's certainly possible. Just really inconsistent.

EDIT: 10/25/21- I made great progress with the ACDC pack, getting 3 great FCs since the last update- Fire Your Guns, For Those About to Rock (We Salute You), and High Voltage! I'm especially proud of the latter two, I didn't think I'd ever get those after sightreading them lol. I only have Jailbreak left that's realistically doable.

I also finally downloaded Rock Band Blitz, which I've been having a lot of fun going through. I'm up to 22/25 FCs on Guitar, with just BYH, CoP, and OBTS left. Sing was definitely the hardest FC, although The Wicker Man, Give It Away, Shine, and Spoonman all gave me a bit of trouble too. I decided to go through the game on keytar and bass as well, and managed to FGFC on keys! There were a few tricky songs, but the real standout is Once Bitten, Twice Shy which has a nasty chord pattern near the end. I really struggled to hit it in practice, but somehow it clicked and I FC'd the full song on my first run after practicing! Bass FGFC will happen soon, I'm at 20/25 but I was too tired last night to finish it off lol.
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling

Last edited by alexhaz64 on Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not often we see a Keys FGFC. nice.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
This is the way. I am now able to hit the chords somewhat consistently with this method. That being said, the descending staircase thingy afterward is still really hard, and the trill in solo 3 is just dumb. I'll keep playing it here and there, who knows what could happen...

The part after the chords is hard too, yes. I can't really help on that one other than to say keep practicing it.
As for the ending trill, the speed does vary a bit, so pay close attention to the blues and slow down/speed up as needed.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Agt Falcon26
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
voidedalive2x wrote:
Welcome to the SttP club! That is still my single best FC on RB to date IMO, moreso since it was on PS2. I'm still salty about reverse choking Peace Sells in that rivalry with Geeg, though.

Gratz on the 83/84 XBass, too! GL with the (hopefully) eventual RB2 XGuitar FGFC!

Yeah that is a great FC and you should certainly be proud of it! Not gonna lie, knowing that you had the FC helped motivate me to keep grinding it. "If voided can do it, certainly I can too!" lol... I had my share of reverse chokes on Peace Sells as well, that song is brutal throughout. My advice is to tap the high notes of the final zig, but that may not work for everyone.

RB2 FGFC would be amazing, and might be possible long term... it's really hard though lol

Damn straight I'm proud of it! and it's always a funny moment for me when someone directly mentions that I was their motivating factor.

...I think I actually did this for you at least twice. Here, and when you reduxed GH1M after me.

I have almost never tried Peace Sells ever since, so I have no idea if I'm even able to hit the quads at all. (And the less said about Bass, the better. I still don't know how I grasped that the first time because I've never been close since that FC.)

Also, gratz on the RBB Keys FGFC! One less person who has to deal with the bullshit that is OBTS. Just...those chords...just no.

EDIT: Also, get AC/DC XBass out of the way. Just do it.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
it's not often we see a Keys FGFC. nice.

Thanks! Hoping to repeat that achievement in RB3 soon :p

GP69 wrote:
alexhaz64 wrote:

The part after the chords is hard too, yes. I can't really help on that one other than to say keep practicing it.
As for the ending trill, the speed does vary a bit, so pay close attention to the blues and slow down/speed up as needed.

Thanks! I think what I did (I hit it just once) was to focus on every third note that fell on the downbeat. Tapping makes this a bit easier to do. Still inconsistent though.

voidedalive2x wrote:
alexhaz64 wrote:
voidedalive2x wrote:

Damn straight I'm proud of it! and it's always a funny moment for me when someone directly mentions that I was their motivating factor.

...I think I actually did this for you at least twice. Here, and when you reduxed GH1M after me.

I have almost never tried Peace Sells ever since, so I have no idea if I'm even able to hit the quads at all. (And the less said about Bass, the better. I still don't know how I grasped that the first time because I've never been close since that FC.)

Also, gratz on the RBB Keys FGFC! One less person who has to deal with the bullshit that is OBTS. Just...those chords...just no.

EDIT: Also, get AC/DC XBass out of the way. Just do it.

That's right, I never would've squeezed GH1M if you hadn't been so vocal about doing it yourself, lol. If I ever get around to cleaning up lower difficulties maybe I'll blame you for that too haha.

Also thanks! OBTS chords are indeed a nightmare, I consider myself incredibly lucky that I hit them all in one run as quickly as I did... And yes, I need to clean up ACDC bass haha. It's not very fun though, the tempo seems to be the perfect speed where I lose track and miss randomly. Oh well.

EDIT: 11/3/21- After finishing the RB Blitz B/K FGFCs, I decided to work on RB3 Keys. I only had one FC to start with, which was This Bastard's Life. I've played a lot of China Grove as it is super fun to me, but otherwise that's about it. Well after the past week or so, I am now at around 58/63 FCs, with only Roundabout standing in my way of a FGFC (which I've hit the guitar break in practice). The only tricky songs were 25 or 6 to 4 (easy after playing China Grove so much), Freebird (long, almost got it SR), SNAFF (long and tricky throughout, but I SRFCd past the 2nd chorus), Llama (three parts that were all scary and inconsistent, but overall didn't take too long), and SotW (nothing really hard, but a step above the rest).

Obviously the real standouts are China Grove and Antibodies. Both songs I wasn't sure I would ever FC after sightreading them a while back. Both songs have some incredibly difficult chord changes near the end of the song, and Antibodies has the added bonus of exhausting fretting for the first two minutes or so. Easily some of my best RB FCs all around! I will definitely focus on getting the remaining songs, and hopefully Roundabout will fall soon enough. FGFC would be amazing!
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling

Last edited by alexhaz64 on Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a bump isn't necessary as I'm already the most recent post in the forum, but this makes it easier to organize my thread later on, lol. Bump for Crazy Train FC!!!

EDIT: 11/13/21- I still haven't quite finished off RB3 keys, although I've come close a few times to getting Roundabout. In the meantime, I've been cleaning up bass, getting CiaM, Antibodies, and Llama with relative ease. I even SRFCd Freebird, lol. The hardest song by far was Jerry was a Racecar Driver. That riff is painful! But even that song wasn't too bad once I learned a consistent method for the riff. After getting that it was just a matter of cleaning up the rest of the easy songs (and Space Oddity, ) so I finally got the FGFC!

Which brings me back to X guitar... I've been playing the Crazy Train solo on and off for some time now, and the beginning of the solo never really clicked... until recently. This past week I've spent much more time with the beginning of the solo, and started hitting it more and more consistently. I finally hit the full solo in practice, and then the next day hit it in a real run! ...only to choke in chorus 3. Luckily I kept my consistency, and FCd the song today after about 45 minutes of grinding. Still hard to believe I got this FC as quickly as I did! This leaves just 3 songs left, and none of them are appealing to attempt at this point, lol...
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling

Last edited by alexhaz64 on Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bounce back and forth between being impressed/surprised with all of these crazy RB things you've done and being like "well, given your GH resume, it's almost obvious".
It's certainly been an exciting couple of months watching you knock off song after song, game after game. I know the remaining clean up potential is shrinking by the day, but at the same time most of the ugliest options here don't hold a candle to GH alternatives. So who knows exactly where the cap will be .

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the XBass FGFC club, too. Now you can also sit perennially at -3 (GGaHT, RttH, Visions) with me, too!

And gratz on the Crazy Train FC. It's a toss-up as to which chart is harder between WT's broken sliders and RB3's...mess.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job! How'd you end up hitting the solo?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyGrey wrote:
I bounce back and forth between being impressed/surprised with all of these crazy RB things you've done and being like "well, given your GH resume, it's almost obvious".
It's certainly been an exciting couple of months watching you knock off song after song, game after game. I know the remaining clean up potential is shrinking by the day, but at the same time most of the ugliest options here don't hold a candle to GH alternatives. So who knows exactly where the cap will be .

It's weird, despite having objectively better GH FCs, I still get excited about some of the tougher RB FCs I've been getting. I think these songs are at a level where they provide a fair amount of difficulty while still being doable at my level. I suppose the RB engine (and rectangles in general) add to the difficulty a bit as well- I'm sure I would've gotten these FCs a bit more easily in the GH engine, lol. That being said, you make a good point about the hardest RB FCs being significantly easier than the hardest GH FCs. Stuff like Painkiller- while still being super hard- is probably not even at the same level as Eruption, Speeding, etc. In theory I could probably get a FSFC outside of OBTS...

voidedalive2x wrote:
Welcome to the XBass FGFC club, too. Now you can also sit perennially at -3 (GGaHT, RttH, Visions) with me, too!

And gratz on the Crazy Train FC. It's a toss-up as to which chart is harder between WT's broken sliders and RB3's...mess.

Is RttH that hard? I feel like it shouldn't be on the same level as the other two but I haven't actually tried playing it yet. And I might just import RB1 to RB3 to get GGaHT, we'll see...

As for Crazy Train, I think personally the RB3 chart was harder but it is a tough comparison. I figure that given how much better I am now than when I FCd the WT version, the fact that I still struggled to learn the RB3 solo says a lot.

FL4RE wrote:
Nice job! How'd you end up hitting the solo?

For the beginning, I tapped the descending patterns- so
this
I did (2)1(21)123

And same for the GYB pattern. The hardest part was the end of this and the transition to the weird trill part- I think.

And for the trill lanes, I tapped them all aside from the short one at the end, and elbow strummed the first note of each, as well as the first note after the lanes. This seemed to work best for me.
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RttH isn't really on the same level as GGaHT (Visions is it's own separate tier), but it's a long-ish song with nothing but fast gallop strums. It's more of a heavy stamina battle than anything.

And yes, you need to import GGaHT. It's impossible to FC on RB1 without some sort of modification (the one FC I know of aside from Strike's controversial one removed the strum limit cap to do it).

FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah nice, the trills are really annoying to hit so fair play for managing to tap them (I just 1-handed the whole solo )

25 or 6 to 4 isn't as hard as Crazy Train, so I'd go for that next (tap the orange in the fast part, and just 1-hand the trill). Rainbow is pretty bonkers, and Caught in a Mosh just has that one cursed section!

@Voided - I'm pretty sure AbyssionQC got Green Grass on RB1, but he's the only one to do it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
RttH isn't really on the same level as GGaHT (Visions is it's own separate tier), but it's a long-ish song with nothing but fast gallop strums. It's more of a heavy stamina battle than anything.

And yes, you need to import GGaHT. It's impossible to FC on RB1 without some sort of modification (the one FC I know of aside from Strike's controversial one removed the strum limit cap to do it).

I did try RttH bass a little bit, and my goodness will that be annoying to grind. I definitely think I can do it, but the random misses were hell. GGaHT bass felt doable on NTSC, but if I'm gonna get it on RB3 for Guitar, I guess I might as well do bass there too.

FL4RE wrote:
Ah nice, the trills are really annoying to hit so fair play for managing to tap them (I just 1-handed the whole solo )

25 or 6 to 4 isn't as hard as Crazy Train, so I'd go for that next (tap the orange in the fast part, and just 1-hand the trill). Rainbow is pretty bonkers, and Caught in a Mosh just has that one cursed section!

@Voided - I'm pretty sure AbyssionQC got Green Grass on RB1, but he's the only one to do it.

Can't believe you one handed CT solo, that's nuts lol. You're probably right about 25/6/4 but there's just so many hard parts it is intimidating lol. I should definitely revisit it either way.

Regarding GGaHT, Aby is the only one to do it on RB1 (via emulator) but I believe strike and ukog at the very least did it on RB2, which is functionally the same, just with BNS. Also I think they used PAL?

EDIT: 2/11/22- Guess it's been a little while? I finally got GDRB and LRB for Christmas last year, so I've had a great time playing those games. I FGFCd GDRB pretty easily, with the hardest song probably being Brainstew/Jaded. I also took care of the Bass FGFC while I was at it.

LRB was a little trickier, specifically with Monster and Short and Sweet. The former was my first FC in the game, but still took a while to learn the solo. The latter was pure hell. No single section was too terribly hard, but everything was missable. I finally sat down to grind it a few nights ago, and slowly started improving at both solos. Last night, I finally got the FC! I probably choked in solo 3 about ten times, but I'm very glad I finally got it. Definitely a tough FGFC. Next up is LRB bass, then I should probably clean up RB1 bass as well. Then maybe I should revisit roundabout Keys...

Short and Sweet FC vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UbWzL6fOSs&t=304s
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling

Last edited by alexhaz64 on Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
FL4RE wrote:

Can't believe you one handed CT solo, that's nuts lol. You're probably right about 25/6/4 but there's just so many hard parts it is intimidating lol. I should definitely revisit it either way.

Regarding GGaHT, Aby is the only one to do it on RB1 (via emulator) but I believe strike and ukog at the very least did it on RB2, which is functionally the same, just with BNS. Also I think they used PAL?

Yep, did Rainbow in the Dark 1-handed too. Oddly enough, 25 or 6 to 4 is one of the only songs that I had to tap on, that one lick really is stupid haha. Speaking of which, only solo 2 should really give you any trouble, everything else is pretty manageable, once you've understood the patterns.

Also for GGaHT, apparently there's 3 FC's on RB2! Wasn't aware that SalmonSnak3 had managed it too... All FC's have been on PAL. I'm guessing PAL50 just because of how much easier strumming becomes on that setting (that's how I hit Aesthetics of Hate anyway)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: