FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
6/16 DLC - Evanescence and Spinal Tap packs!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GH1337haX  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberRaiza wrote:
beanzrpg122 wrote:
Quote:
Holy crap this has to be the hardest DLC EVER! This is insane, Rock and Roll Nightmare has like 5 YMB drum rolls, 3 Jordan solo's and at least 7 broken phrases on vocals. As for bass, lets just say even Flea would have trouble if he played this on real bass.

Yeah, how do you know this?

I can see gullible written on your forehead from here.
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH1337haX wrote:
Quote:
CyberRaiza wrote:
Quote:
beanzrpg122 wrote:
Holy crap this has to be the hardest DLC EVER! This is insane, Rock and Roll Nightmare has like 5 YMB drum rolls, 3 Jordan solo's and at least 7 broken phrases on vocals. As for bass, lets just say even Flea would have trouble if he played this on real bass.

Yeah, how do you know this?

I can see gullible written on your forehead from here.

I just realized he was being facetious. Thanks for clarifying though.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if the songs are out yet, but the tiers are up at http://www.rockband.com/music for anyone who's curious.

These are all on the 0-6 scale:

Weight of the World
Guitar: 2
Vocals: 2
Drums: 3
Bass: 3
Band: 2

Warmer than Hell:
G: 2
V: 4
D: 3
B: 3
Band: 1 (huh?)

Saucy Jack
V: 3
B: 0

Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare:
V: 1
D: 2
Band: 1

Call Me When You're Sober:
V: 2
B: 1

Bring Me To Life:
Band: 1 (Again... huh?)

Back From The Dead:
G: 5
B: 2

Band tierings are weirdly low a lot, but ones that are lower than the lowest instrument I always find especially strange.
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those tierings are very wierd. This is what I would have made the band (so it actually makes sense)

Weight of the World
Guitar: 2
Vocals: 2
Drums: 3
Bass: 3
Band: 3

Warmer than Hell:
V: 4

Saucy Jack
V: 3

Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare:
V: 1
D: 2

Call Me When You're Sober:
B: 1

Bring Me To Life:

Back From The Dead:
G: 5
B: 2

Changes are bold.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quazifuji wrote:
Don't know if the songs are out yet, but the tiers are up at http://www.rockband.com/music for anyone who's curious.

Weight of the World

*Lots of text*

Band tierings are weirdly low a lot, but ones that are lower than the lowest instrument I always find especially strange.

That's because it's easier for the band to get through the song together than it is for that solo instrument by itself. At least that's how I interpret that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
fUNC  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LyokoFreaks wrote:
Quazifuji wrote:

Weight of the World

*Lots of text*

That's because it's easier for the band to get through the song together than it is for that solo instrument by itself. At least that's how I interpret that.

Exactly. I'm betting the entire band has plenty of easy, overlapping sections in which to horde OD if need be.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
LyokoFreaks wrote:
Quazifuji wrote:

Weight of the World

*Lots of text*

Exactly. I'm betting the entire band has plenty of easy, overlapping sections in which to horde OD if need be.

It makes sense for band tierings to generally be on the low end of the other tierings, both because it's easier to pass songs in a group and because there'd be very few low band tiers if the band tiers leaned more towards the hardest instrument (even though that usually determines difficulty more than the easier ones). I just think having a song that averages tier 3 accross all four instruments is kind of silly at full band tier 1. Two wouldn't be unreasonable, even if three might make more sense, and I obviously haven't seen the chart yet, but I just still find it strange.

(It's still nowhere near as This is a Call, with a full band tier higher than any one instrument, but I'm convinced that's a mistake)
CraftyDudeXBL  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever they release this ill have evanescene videos up on guitar. And possibly vox by my sister.
Tbad556  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the Being Me To Life tiering: http://www.rockband.com/songs/bringmetolife

The songs will be released 6/18/09 (Tommorow)
Sikaris  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tbad556 wrote:
According to the Being Me To Life tiering: http://www.rockband.com/songs/bringmetolife

The songs will be released 6/18/09 (Tommorow)

Nice catch, but HMX lists the Thursday of the week as the release date regardless.
RedSharkGuy  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the band tiering tends to go by the coincidence of difficult sections for an instrument.

For example, Almost Easy is weird. It's FAR from the hardest song on any instrument, but it's one of not all that many that's put into the final tier for band. Methinks this is because the toughest parts on guitar, bass, and drums are all going on at the same time, and the vocalist is doing taps, unable to help out.

BlahBlahJr  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the DLC is now up on the 360. Have at it!
redlar  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saucy Jack is made of 3 different flavours of win.

Npeaen wrote:
See! There is a benefit to wasting away far too much time on fake plastic guitars!

More... plastic guitars...
JTHomeslice  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to echo the sentiments of a Youtube commenter by saying I can't wait to see toymachine fc Bring Me to Life on vocals.

Also, I'm gonna have Saucy Jack stuck in my head for a while. Oh, naughty, naughty.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redlar wrote:
Saucy Jack is made of 3 different flavours of win.

The drums look surprisingly fun to play. I'm definitely getting that one, and possibly the whole pack. Drum charts look reasonably fun for all, the lyrics are all amusing, and Back from the Dead's solo looks interesting.

The guitar also plays the tuba part in Saucy Jack, which is bizarre, but at the same time kind of awesome. EDIT AGAIN: I thin it's actually the bass that plays the tuba. I'm not sure what the guitar plays.

EDIT: Watched parts of the Evanescence songs on drums, and they do look reasonably fun. I don't really care for the songs, so I'll have to decide there.

A lot of people were taking aobut how Bring Me to Life would really benefit from vocal harmonies, but I think the song that actually needs them the most is Back from the Dead. The chorus and a few other parts of that song would seriously benefit from vocal harmonizing.

Also, it was a female vocalist in the video I saw, but I have the feeling the Evanescence songs will be near the top of the "funniest songs to do with a male character in game" list (my personal favorite is currently Forever).

Last edited by Quazifuji on Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: