FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
6/9 DLC - 12 Iron Maiden tracks!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adohu  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed the songs on guitar, although it's irritating me a bit that they have been overtiering songs for the past 3 or so months on guitar. That doesn't diminish the fun of the songs, though. I personally think 2 Minutes To Midnight's chart is complete ass, but I don't really like the song anyways, so whatever. Wasted Years's solo is a lot of fun once you understand how to play it. The intro riff is really fun, too. Number of the Beast's first solo is tougher, but really fun. The second solo's grace notes fucked me up and annoyed the hell out of me. The Trooper's trill riffs were a lot more fun, and, IMO, easier than in GH2 (somehow I was more consistent with them). I'm usually for whammy charting, but I find it somewhat awkward in places like the beginning of The Trooper's solo. Fun solo, though, much easier. Run to the Hills has a fucked solo reminiscent of Vengeance Is Mine, with groups of 3-8 notes going at 17-18 NPS at a time. Crazy. Hallowed Be Thy Name's solo is LOADS of fun. The other songs I haven't mentioned I enjoyed a lot, too, especially Powerslave. Probably 5th out of my favorite packs (my favorite ever is Chinese Democracy).

I also played the drums on all of the songs too, and it was probably the most fun pack I've ever played on drums. I five starred all except Run to the Hills, The Trooper, and Iron Maiden (FUCKING STUPID BIG ROCK ENDING ARGH). My favorite to play were Hallowed Be Thy Name, The Clairvoyant, and Powerslave. Hallowed Be Thy Name was just fun and had lots of different patterns, The Clairvoyant just made me seem like a badass although it's overrated in difficulty, and Powerslave is loads of fun with a fun main beat, great drum solo, and impossible outro. This will be going up with Camera Eye and Young Man Blues in difficulty. These drums songs have some fucking fast ass rolls and fills, it's great. Best drum pack.

Powerslave lived up to the expectations I had for it on every instrument, and I fucking love it. My favorite song of the pack by miles. This is most likely THE best and most balanced DLC pack that has come out yet.

Last edited by Adohu on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:46 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: adohuu
2n2  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elmarko wrote:
Wasted Years's solo is a lot of fun once you understand how to play it.

I can generally do the two main solo parts by tapping the solo buttons on a RB2 strat with two hands, but I'd rather do it one-handed on the main buttons. Any tips?
Deak2112  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn, no Flight of Icarus, that would have been perfect.

For lulz my Wiki and for My Youtube Channel

Free Bird since 11/9/2009
My only regret is that I only have one life to give for my Lord
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Deak2112
letthereberock  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing DLC, gotta love some Maiden.

The Hallowed Be Thy Name live was perfect. Couldnt of asked for more.

THERE ARE 10 TYPES OF PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD.

THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND BINARY, AND THOSE WHO DONT.
banjokazooie  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I can't afford all of this unfortunately, so what are the best 6 or so songs? I'm thinking this at the moment, but I haven't seen most of them.

Hallowed Be Thy Name
Aces High
Wasted Years
The Trooper
Run to the Hills
Fear of the Dark

I like hard songs, but I don't want to get NotB again just to get -2 every time like in GH3.

Progress: 20/42, Last: Love Bites (So Do I) (9th ever FC cross-platform!)

Best FCs-
FCPREMIX, TtL CoD, CoP, NotB (GH3), RtL, Wasted Years, Peace Sells (RB)
filcool1234  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks that we have to spend 20 bucks for all the spngs, i woulf only have bought the album versoins, not F666
Nollaig  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

banjokazooie wrote:
Well I can't afford all of this unfortunately, so what are the best 6 or so songs? I'm thinking this at the moment, but I haven't seen most of them.

Hallowed Be Thy Name
Aces High
Wasted Years
The Trooper
Run to the Hills
Fear of the Dark

I like hard songs, but I don't want to get NotB again just to get -2 every time like in GH3.

You need Powerslave in there

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you needing Powerslave.

BigSnatch  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love on RttH in the first chorus where the bassist, guitarist, and singer all stomp to the front of the screen and sing the chorus together. Epic fucking win.
Well, no, not really. See, with the banana, you have the choice to eat it soon after buying it, avoiding the rotting situation and enjoying some tasty food while it's fresh. The situation with Bat Country, on the other hand, is venting over an inevitability. It's more like "Death, taxes, and 12-year-olds overplaying Avenged Sevenfold songs online."
swanny  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I buy the Maiden tracks separately? 'Cause I just tried to buy a few on the marketplace, but the only option I had was to buy the entire pack.
SaltinesRR  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to yes, but why? If you buy all twelve you're paying twenty bucks. If you just buy ten of them, you're paying twenty bucks. Most of them are fun for every instrument and are awesome to the ear. You'd be doing yourself a favor by buying them all.
Recent (good)GS - Colony of Birchmen
GT: SaltinesRR
Drummer/Guitarist/Bassist/Vocalist for Headless Federation
Awesome Flash Game, MyBrute. (NSFW My character has an inappropriate name)
mr-apples  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there was recently a problem with the XBlive upgrade where the singles were missing temporarily.
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

letthereberock wrote:
Amazing DLC, gotta love some Maiden.

The Hallowed Be Thy Name live was perfect. Couldnt of asked for more.

Definitely. That one easily takes it as one of my top five favorite songs to play in all of Rock Band on guitar. It is just amazing.

Also, I played RttH OV on Bass for the first time about a half hour ago (not a sightread, I had seen S1ck's video), and I didn't find it THAT hard. I actually liked it. Sure, I missed a few OD phrases, but even so, I 5*'d it without too much difficulty. And to think i've only 5*'d the cover in RB1 one time, and it was at the BRE. Blah.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious, I bought 10 tracks (sadly thats all I can get with the Wii), and Powerslave. I'm a huge Maiden fan, and it sounds a bit different than the Studio version, was this a re record?
GH3: 459676955794
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 8532789663094025
Raikri999  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

movintarget wrote:
I'm curious, I bought 10 tracks (sadly thats all I can get with the Wii), and Powerslave. I'm a huge Maiden fan, and it sounds a bit different than the Studio version, was this a re record?
I think it's just Wii because, I listened to the others on Youtube and they sounded different, I'm wondering if this has to do with the limit on files they have...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: