FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
6/9 DLC - 12 Iron Maiden tracks!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the1and0nly1  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the song was available at around 4PM EST for PS3. You had to go through the in-game music store to get it though.

(4th riddle now available as of 8/19/09)
Feel free to PM me if you need any help!
kh44man  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only Wii player upset about no Charlene?!?!?!
I just thought that a Caprici FC is more impressive than a TWAT FC
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Wii Friend Code: 264931817962
Salamence20  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add me, but you can't argue about losing 1 song, when we got Maiden.
SaltinesRR  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone ever looked at the drummer during the intro to Run to the Hills on drums? The drummers arms looked way too robotic.
Recent (good)GS - Colony of Birchmen
GT: SaltinesRR
Drummer/Guitarist/Bassist/Vocalist for Headless Federation
Awesome Flash Game, MyBrute. (NSFW My character has an inappropriate name)
Fedora  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, lots of complaining because people aren't good enough to play on the rock band engine. Must be rough.

Everyone owes it to themselves to play this as a full concert pack at least once. It's an absolutely amazing 45 minute wind through the singles that make up Iron Maiden's concert setlist, capped off by 2 absolutely epic live tracks and a (somewhat) out of place encore track with the biggest BRE to date.

This is the best bass pack period.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
FretMachine-SH  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was there anyone else than me who was disappointed about the guitar charts for this pack? In several songs, Harmonix tends to either 1) chart bends as trills, 2) chart slides, or 3) just chart series of notes in, how I see it, very incoherent places, such as quick HO/PO parts with mixed in strum notes or chords. There are also some other really weird parts, like one of the breaks in Iron Maiden (Live), and the fast B-O trill in Fear of the Dark. For some reason, the solo in Run to the Hills with the trills at insane speed seem overcharted, too.

Oh well, I guess the actual quality of the songs make up for what the charts lack. Still, really too bad that all the potential that this pack had to be good was... well, wasted.
-My Name is Jonas by Weezer
-Brother by Pearl Jam
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fedora wrote:
Everyone owes it to themselves to play this as a full concert pack at least once.

That was my sightread. And I totally agree. Super fun that way, and pretty much flows like a concert (if you consider Fear of the Dark and Iron Maiden as the encores).
sean2490  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FretMachine-SH wrote:
Was there anyone else than me who was disappointed about the guitar charts for this pack? In several songs, Harmonix tends to either 1) chart bends as trills, 2) chart slides, or 3) just chart series of notes in, how I see it, very incoherent places, such as quick HO/PO parts with mixed in strum notes or chords. There are also some other really weird parts, like one of the breaks in Iron Maiden (Live), and the fast B-O trill in Fear of the Dark. For some reason, the solo in Run to the Hills with the trills at insane speed seem overcharted, too.

Oh well, I guess the actual quality of the songs make up for what the charts lack. Still, really too bad that all the potential that this pack had to be good was... well, wasted.

Yes, but for none of the same reasons.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's currently about 4 AM Saturday here. I downloaded the entire pack Friday and played 10 of the 12 songs before having to go to work. When I got back home, I played the other 2. And I easily fell in love with Powerslave, The Clairvoyant, and Hallowed Be Thy Name. Just musically.

Overall, on expert guitar, I 5 starred them all on my sightreads. Got gold stars on one of them, but I can't remember which one. I think it was Iron Maiden.

I expected The Trooper to be more or less a retread of the GH 2 cover, but those damn main riff trills killed me. In the cover, it was the gallops that gave me problems, and the trills helped me out. Here, it was the other way around. It's odd.

I've played Neversoft's chart of Number of the Beast, the cover chart, and now Harmonix's chart. Having played the cover more than any of them, I'm surprised at the little changes that gave me problems. The cover used HO/POs for the intro and the tempo actually felt slower than the master. While it probably would have been easier for me to alt strum, I didn't.

As for Wasted Years and it's insane solo, I got through the first part almost unscathed. Then I got hit with the second half and thankfully had the OD to get out of it.

I'm actually kind of not into The Trooper due to those damn trills and Number of the Beast due to endurance factors, but everything else to me is a win.
millross  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the best pack ever for me, absolutely awesome. More like this, please, HMX. (Hint: Rush 12 pack, incl. live encores!)

Back on this, I'd never previously heard Powerslave or Clairvoyant - what fantastic songs! Everything else was superb, I had less fun with NotB, but I'd had enough of that already from other music games.

To sum it up: I didn't play any other song bar these songs, from Tuesday til Friday - that's never happened before.

* Applause *

Goals in hindsight:
FC WGFA [x]
FC Feel the pain (GH:WT) [x]
FC Hush [x]

All goals achieved!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: InsatiableFiend PSN Name: InsatiableFiend
DSavior  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought the entire pack (first complete song/artist pack that I bought). Played # of the Beast first on drums, easy 5*. Played the rest (sans RttH) in a single sitting, 4-5* them all. Tried RttH, insta-fail on the 2nd verse. >_<

But it is an awesome pack. Thank you HMX!
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: DSavior808 PSN Name: DSavior
Kane40  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FretMachine-SH wrote:

The only thing I find odd so far (only played 6 songs, waiting for my co-op player to do the last 6) is the guitar chart in Can I Play With Madness ?

I think there are more notes than what it's played.
The first time we have to play this, it's sustain.

I'm not saying I'm right, of course, but seems weird. The rhythm part might confuse me

< barely, but yay \o/
S8BB-1 League 14th season/p-o semi-finalist
My Acc. Thread / My RB DLC / / GH3H SP sheet ? / Band Acc / X guitar ESL2 : December 10, 2008
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Kane40Be
frogzorz  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kh44man wrote:
Am I the only Wii player upset about no Charlene?!?!?!

oh, my man you are not alone

also I NEED MORE WII POINTS FOR IM DLC! note to self, walk to gamespot after lunch.
Tbad556  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got 5 of the Maiden songs last night(All I had enough points for), heres my opinion/review:

When Iron Maiden was announced I though no thanks I'll skip this week. I've never been a big fan of them or even heard a song besides RTTH(RB1 cover only) and NOTB(GH3). I ended up watching the Flight 666 DVD because it was on my TV's concert channel. I ended up watching every minute of the concert and singing along with the crowd. I finally got some points yesterday and bought all I had points for: Iron Maiden(Live), Hallowed Be Thy Name(Live),Wasted Years, Powerslave and Fear of the Dark (Live). So far I have only played them on drums but I have not disliked or found any of them boring. The Live songs are amazing and make you feel like your at the concert watching them. The drum beats IMO are very fun. I was able to FC all but 1 of the RYBO parts on my sightread. Almost all of the songs have a challenging part or multiple challenging sections and all of them are enjoyable to listen to. Thanks to RB and my TV I am a Iron Maiden fan now.

TL;DR- Never gave Maiden a chance. Ended up watching the Flight 666 DVD on TV and ended up loving the songs and buying as many as I could.
BShea  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fedora wrote:

Everyone owes it to themselves to play this as a full concert pack at least once. It's an absolutely amazing 45 minute wind through the singles that make up Iron Maiden's concert setlist, capped off by 2 absolutely epic live tracks and a (somewhat) out of place encore track with the biggest BRE to date.

I agree completely, except isn't the Let There Be Rock (live) BRE longer?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: