FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calibration question - crt / lcd / plasma / etc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
disquette  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Calibration question - crt / lcd / plasma / etc Reply with quote

The calibration guidelines indicate that when going through an HD tv, esp plasmas, you may need to calibrate the system.

Is that only for audio, or for video too? Also, would an LCD require the same type of calibration as the plasmas, or are LCDs different?

I'm a little frustrated right now in that I *think* i'm hitting the drums fine, but the game obviously disagrees. The frustrating part is that I'm not sure if I should be blaming myself or calibration or bad drums (or some combination of the three).
bodom0015  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Note: this is purely speculation.***

The purpose of the lag offset (to my understanding) is to sync the video with the audio. (Usually) The only reason this is necessary is due to the large amount of circuitry the image/sound have to travel through in HDTVs (or some bullshit like that).

As for the LCD vs plasma question, I suggest trying any possibly matching settings and seeing which one works best.

And if you think its a calibration problem, you can always set it to HD and make your own offset anyways. If there is no problem, when you set it, the number will be zero. If there is a problem, the game sets the lag for you. It's win/win imo.

Setting the type of TV only matter in lag offset detection/setting iirc. It has no effect on gameplay (other than lag obv.), graphics, or any other aspect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: