FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sabotage = WTF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElvenMarth  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Sabotage = WTF Reply with quote

If I'm not mistaken, the whole song has NO pitch. I sang on Expert and failed! What am I doing wrong?
skeltonath  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people are having trouble with the talking sections in songs. Mainly in Sabotage and Timmy. Check this thread for more help.
I find that if I turn down the mic sensitivity, I score much better.

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: The Skeltonath
muna  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watch the bar or word carefully. Once a single syllable reaches the bar try to pronounce that syllable clearly, but also with near perfect timing. Timing is very important in these sections.

Try to make the timing perfect. Try to listen to the song first to get the rhythm down before focusing on the exact timing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sbqIyeed4g

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skeltonath, meaning not to be rude, but I believe that turning the mic sensitivity really high up helps. I just kept practicing it, and eventually the words fly exactly out of your mouth the way the game wants.
ocelot11  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muna wrote:
Just watch the bar or word carefully. Once a single syllable reaches the bar try to pronounce that syllable clearly, but also with near perfect timing. Timing is very important in these sections.

Try to make the timing perfect. Try to listen to the song first to get the rhythm down before focusing on the exact timing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sbqIyeed4g

I actually find I do better if I say the words just slightly ahead of time.
Then again that may have to do with some latency somewhere in my setup.
DemonHybrid  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn it to static mode before you start. For every block that it runs past, do a very loud "NAH" into the microphone...so..."I--------can't stand it, I know you planned it, I'ma set it straight this watergate" would be "Nahhhhhhh Nahhh Nahhh Nahhh Nah Nah Nah Nahhh Nah Nah-nah nah nah nah nah nah-nah-nah" and you'll find yourself getting awesomes.

I think what the game is trying to find is the way that you "make noise" into the mic while keeping syllables into play. If you just go "Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" throughout the whole thing, you'll get minimal score, but actually talking out the syllables (or "nah"ing at each individual syllable if you're feeling lazy) nets you awesomes often. For songs like epic, the hand that feeds and sabotage, static helps a TON to understand how the syllables work out.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DemonHybrid23
Sophrosyne  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sabotage kicks my butt =T it really kicks my butt @_@

Just gotta keep on practicing I guess =T

My Expert Vocals Vids / My Rocker Profile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Sophrosyne
themoron111  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people have trouble with talky words. Im not one of them. I might only play on the PS2 (easier) but I always play on my friends Xbox and get 100%. This song, with practice, is the easiest to sing and play guitar with in my opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: