FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
5/19 DLC - Alice Cooper 6-pack & Taking Back Sunday 3-pack!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like School's Out's a pretty good counterargument to anyone who complains about live tracks. Most people were expecting a pretty standard unexciting song that would mainly just be fun to buy and play because it's the beginning of the Summer, but we end up getting awesome final tier guitar solos and some of the best crowd sing along in the whole game because it's a live track.

It's kind of funny, because these seem like some of the least clean live tracks we've had (especially with some of the hard-to-hear guitar parts, even during solos), but they're also probably the ones that have benefited most, both chart-wise (especially guitar solos) and in terms of epic-ness, from being live.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added preview video links for everything posted here so far.

Also I forgot about The Replacements track that got delayed from last week, which is now up for score tracking.

Last edited by JCirri on Tue May 19, 2009 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
Abomstar  

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
Also I forgot about The Replacements track which got delayed from last week, which is now up for score tracking.

Uh, it's been up for score tracking all day. Now you have it there twice.
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
Added preview video links for everything posted here so far.

Also I forgot about The Replacements track which got delayed from last week, which is now up for score tracking.

Drum videos of everything but The Replacements.

Also, you listed Kid's Don't Follow as being by Alive Cooper in the original post.

EDIT: Kids Don't follow Drums.

This looks like it may win the award for least complicated deservingly final tier song on drums. I wasn't sure if it really looked that hard until I noticed he had BNS on, and the bass hits were still that close together.

Last edited by Quazifuji on Tue May 19, 2009 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
microgamer2vs2  

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBS pack:

Liar is pretty challenging on Drums. Guitar in all of the songs aren't too interesting. Vocals are fun if you like the songs (I JUST WANNA BREAK YOU DOWN SO BAD-LEEEEEEEE!!!).
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: aggrogahu
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abomstar wrote:
JCirri wrote:

Uh, it's been up for score tracking all day. Now you have it there twice.

Haha, I see. I guess Deimos or Echelar added it while I was out then.

I'll fix that again in a sec. Edit: And fixed.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quazifuji wrote:

This looks like it may win the award for least complicated deservingly final tier song on drums. I wasn't sure if it really looked that hard until I noticed he had BNS on, and the bass hits were still that close together.

I'm sorry about that.

If you want, I can redo the vid without BNS and without my terrible commentary. Unfortunately, that suckage would stay.
EnragedLobster  

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went into Kids Don't Follow's drums without knowing what I was getting into. Dear god, my poor foot. I'm typically pretty good at fast pedal, I usually combo This Calling, Are You Dead Yet, Battery, etc, but halfway through KDF I just couldn't keep up anymore.

The three last-tier guitar songs are all a blast. Haven't played the other songs on guitar yet.
3. Kaki King - Junior
4. Porcupine Tree - In Absentia
5. Protest the Hero - Kezia

MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S1ckH4nds wrote:
PhatTrumpet wrote:
Holy guitar.

Anyone know who played guitar on the Alice tracks?

Al Pitrelli on the live tracks, John McCurry on "Poison", and Slash on "Vengeance Is Mine".

Oh wow, Al Pitrelli on the live tracks? Great guitarist who played with Megadeth and I believe Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

I'm downloading Vengeance is Mine, School's Out, Billion Dollar Babies...and maybe I'm Eighteen to just have it. Though I will probably grab Under My Wheels instead since it has good guitar.
B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOOOOOOOOOD I WANT THRASHER SO MUUUUUCH!

Need.Wii Points.Now.

Edit:Also, Schools Out is Epic, but I don't even know if it's out for Wii yet.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing about Slash playing guitar on "Vengeance is Mine." As I listened to it, I felt that it sounded like it belonged on Chinese Democracy. There's even a part where Alice sounds a lot like Axl Rose to me.

Hard Guitar Review:

I have played and FCed the entire Alice Cooper pack. School's Out and Billion Dollar Babies were the hardest for me. I actually got Vengeance and Under My Wheels on Sightreads.

I recommend the whole pack, but expecially "School's Out", "Biliion Dollar Babies" and "Under My Wheels" in regards to the fun factor of the guitar charts on hard.
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOmyA wrote:
Quazifuji wrote:

I'm sorry about that.

If you want, I can redo the vid without BNS and without my terrible commentary. Unfortunately, that suckage would stay.

The BNS wasn't a big problem, it was just funny because I was thinking "wow, that's some fast bass" when I still thought it was normal speed, so when I realized it was BNS I was very surprised and a bit scared.

Not sure if I'll get it or not. I wouldn't really expect to enjoy it that much, but I'm curious at how well I could handle it (the answer is probably not well at all), and fast-paced two minute songs are great to have for the right mood (That's How I Escaped my Certain Fate, for example).
MrOmyA  

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so, I recorded Kids Don't Follow again in practice without BNS, my playing or commentary. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7gl4EmLPX0&feature=channel_page
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOmyA wrote:
Ok, so, I recorded Kids Don't Follow again in practice without BNS, my playing or commentary. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7gl4EmLPX0&feature=channel_page

Guess they needed the extra week to finish adding all the bass notes
JunkDeLuxe  

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alice Cooper pack is definitely win this week. Recommend it to everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: