FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
5/12 DLC - Social Distortion, Steely Dan, Disturbed & more!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mezonn  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, the new songs are also available on the Wii.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stricken looks like a good song for me to practice some tapping
social distortion is just full of win i can't wait to play these songs, and after further review ill be getting both steely dan songs

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or did they chart the double bass in the Disturbed stuff again?

All I know is that Stricken was really fun pedal-wise.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy Song, Sightread FC'd it with 219k and the next run with a path becomes the picture above which got me 1st place on XBL atm. The last activation can be earlier than the spot i activated in which should net you around 2k-3k depending on how good you can squeeze. Stupify was easy and boring but i didnt sightread fc because of the first yellow hammer on to yellow blue chord caught me by surprise. I would get My Old School but it just doesnt seem like a tier 6 and i dont like listening to the song so ill have to wait for next week
Kiyrugoji in response to the heroin hero t-shirt dilema wrote:
Maybe it's not what we all think... maybe he just wants a Pepsi.
just one pepsi.
and she wouldn't give it to him
PhatTrumpet  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Old School by Steely Dan

FINALLY!!!11!!!11111
Bass:      9,226,503 [58 GS, 57 FC]  13,319,824 [83 GS, 83 FC]  22,546,327 [141GS, 140FC]
Drums:    11,105,579 [57 GS, 37 FC]  15,512,780 [76 GS, 36 FC]  26,618,359 [133GS, 73 FC]
Vocals:   11,525,519 [58 GS, 58 FC]  17,302,340 [84 GS, 84 FC]  28,827,859 [142GS, 142FC]
All-Inst: 42,269,027 [231GS, 206FC]  61,262,972 [326GS, 271FC] 103,531,999 [557GS, 477FC]
Rock Band Accomplishments Thread | Guitar Hero Accomplishments Thread
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, Story of My Life. More like...Song That Lasts a Lifetime and is Incredibly Boring. I played it enough in GH3, enough to be sick of it after a zillion stupid -1's. I think it's safe to say I'll pass on the Social Distortion if I let that song be my guide.
nardi11011  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:

davidshek wrote:
Disturbed's drummer played it all with one foot on one pedal in the studio. I don't care how he plays it live, so don't go posting links to Youtube videos of them playing live where he's doing it with 2 pedals. This is how he recorded it. I posted a 15-20 second clip of just the kick drum master track a while back, and you can pretty clearly hear in there that the hits are way too consistent to have been done with 2 pedals.

Make sure you're hitting the drum controller
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bunch of this looks good, i'm tight on money though so I can only get 3 songs. Stricken, My Old School, and Black Friday are the ones. I want to say this is a guitar week because Stricken has an awesome solo, My Old School has 4 solos; a bunch look insanely fun, black friday looks fun all around, stupify looks all around fun. The Social Distortion songs look meh.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nardi11011 wrote:
inv4der wrote:

davidshek wrote:
Disturbed's drummer played it all with one foot on one pedal in the studio. I don't care how he plays it live, so don't go posting links to Youtube videos of them playing live where he's doing it with 2 pedals. This is how he recorded it. I posted a 15-20 second clip of just the kick drum master track a while back, and you can pretty clearly hear in there that the hits are way too consistent to have been done with 2 pedals.

I remembered stuff about double bass (which was apparently wrong >_>), I have no problem with it being single though, as longs as it's fun.

I was not in any way complaining.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
I remembered stuff about double bass (which was apparently wrong >_>), I have no problem with it being single though, as longs as it's fun.

I just wanted to answer your question and thought a (perhaps slightly annoyed) quote would be more useful than "LOL NO U R WRONG".
Make sure you're hitting the drum controller
fUNC  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not much of a Disturbed fan, but the crowd sing-along is Stricken is absolutely epic.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nardi11011 wrote:
inv4der wrote:

I just wanted to answer your question and thought a (perhaps slightly annoyed) quote would be more useful than "LOL NO U R WRONG".

A simple "Mike Wengren actually only used one pedal" would have sufficed. >_>

Besides, I have no reason to complain. I play GH:M X+ with one foot, and that is double bass.

Also, the Stricken sing along was very awesome. I wish they'd do that more often.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just notice the Stricken sing along, definitely awesome. I wonder when we're going to get Kids Donty Follow.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
drewbles  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW. Stricken's solo is fun as fuck looking! Im buying this on my birthday along with vast quantities of other past DLC.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll buy Ring Of Fire, if only to say to HMX 'we still need more Social D.' I won't rest until we have Mommy's Little Monster. Also, Cash is great. Think I mentioned before, I love the song but SomL is ridiculously boring to play, so no thanks. Maybe get Bad Luck, too.

After watching the charts, I'll probably get Stricken and not Stupify, as I had originally planned.

...and maybe My Old School.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: