FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band Reality Show Competition
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can haz season 6 since in 5 years I will be 21 lol

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
jeebus86  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this will be awesome...really glad that I'm close to Joliet for this one.
RockBandReality  

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The basic rules for season 1 have been added to Rockbandreality.com. Also, we will be announcing the locations and dates for the in-person audition process tomorrow. As always, you can get updates about the competition by following RockBandReality on Twitter.

Lastly, don't forget to vote in the poll on Rockbandreality.com; the results of that poll will determine the challenge during week 1!
Fedora  

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds really cool, and I'm relocating to Chicago sometime in the next couple weeks. I'm all over this.

Questions:

1.) This wouldn't happen to be at the Bar Blu in Joliet, would it? (I know they have Rock Band nights on Wednesday.)

2.) Can we bring our own equipment? Since showmanship is one of the categories, I can show off a lot better using my P-Bass than a Stratocaster.

3) Does anyone forming a band for this need a bassist who upstrum FCs everything?

4). Will the songs be mostly pre-assigned? Will there be DLC or only on-disc stuff?

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
RockBandReality  

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer your questions, Fedora:

1. Yes, the contest venue is Bar Blu in Joliet. Due to their current Rock Band night schedule and willingness to sponsor the competition, they were the perfect choice for season 1.

2. Unfortunately, contestants are not allowed to provide their own peripherals. Accessories, such as mic stands, guitar straps, and drum sticks, are allowed, but for various reasons, we will not be allowing outside peripherals. Since the competition will be utilizing a Playstation 3, that should render the point moot regarding the P-Bass.

3. We can't help you there, though we did mention your situation on our most recent tweet.

4. There will be downloadable content available, and while we can't promise that every song ever released will be available, more than 75% of the Rock Band catalog will be available as of the start of the competition. As to song selection, this is from the rules section of Rockbandreality.com:

"Generally speaking, song choices will be left to the performers. However, performers will be unable to perform the same song as another group on the same night, unless the stipulations for a particular night allow for such an event to happen. Rules for song selection will be announced prior to the start of the competition. There may also be occasions where the performers will not be allowed to choose their songs, and when applicable, the specific song selection process for a given night will be announced at the beginning of the competition night in question."

To elaborate:
On nights when performers are allowed to choose their own songs, the song selection order will be the same as the randomly-drawn performance order. In essence, the band drawn first to perform will pick their song(s) before anyone else. Song selection will take place in the time between drawing band order and the start of the on-stage performances, approximately a one-hour window. Groups can not "reserve" a song choice in advance.

As far as nights where songs are picked for the contestants, there are a variety of ways for that to happen, many of which fall under "competition secret". If song choice is from a pre-selected list any given week however, the available songs will all be of similar instrument difficulty ratings, to ensure each performer has equal ground as far as difficulty score is concerned.

Also, due to time constraints, certain song choices of exceptional length, such as "Green Grass & High Tides", "The Camera Eye", "...And Justice For All", etc. will have to be approved at the discretion of the production staff at time of choice.

We also wanted to let everyone know that in-person audition dates have been posted on Rockbandreality.com, with the first audition night being Wednesday, May 27th.
TheHammer417  

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fedora....check your PM's

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it'd make more sense if you had it on a 360 since that's what the majority of people play on. I know it doesn't make a difference really I just thought it'd make a little more sense.
Skyzorz  

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheatspin wrote:
I think it'd make more sense if you had it on a 360 since that's what the majority of people play on. I know it doesn't make a difference really I just thought it'd make a little more sense.

What's the difference? It's the same game.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just wanted to remind everyone that the first night of in-person auditions is tomorrow, at Bar Blu in Joliet, IL. Bands can audition between 9pm and 12am, time permitting of course. If you are considering auditioning, we recommend you send an email to rockbandreality@gmail.com to secure a reserved audition spot. Just send us your band name, audition date, and preferred time, and we will respond with a confirmation ASAP.

In addition, as an added incentive to bands that audition early, the first 2 bands that audition tomorrow night are guaranteed a slot in Rock Band Reality (eligibility restrictions apply)!

We hope to see you tomorrow, and we are very excited to see the process begin.
jeebus86  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anybody going to try out for this? It sounds like it would be pretty fun.
RockBandReality  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just wanted to let everyone at Scorehero know that we are EXTENDING auditions until the end on June! Auditions will be open every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evening until June 30th.

Of course, this means the competition will no longer be starting on June 17th. We have decided to reschedule the start of the contest to July 15th.

As always, if anyone would like more information, check the website at Rockbandreality.com, or send an email to us at rockbandreality@gmail.com.

Hope to see you at auditions!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: