FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Drum Rolls...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
completebs91  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Drum Rolls... Reply with quote

Hi,

I consider myself a standard Hard player, and can get most of the stuff the song throws at me, but as soon as I see a bunch of tightly packed notes, im lucky to hit two or three of them. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to even attempt these sections? Because i have no idea. Thanks
alsoknownas  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of times two things happen. First of all a lot of people see many notes and play them too fast...but more often than not a lot of people try it hit the pad really hard just naturally because they are worried about hitting it. My advice is to make each stroke small and you'll get speed and reliability for some of the faster rolls.

Rock Band Stats:
X Guitar Gold Stars: 48/58
X Guitar FCs: 25/58
X Bass Gold Stars: 54/58
X Bass FCs: 54/58
Total Bass FCs: 89
directshot999  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, check and make sure your drums are in working order. Take a song with a lot of rolls in it into practice mode, and try it out there. It could be the drums, or the fact that you just haven't learned it well yet.
completebs91  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure that the drums are working fine, its just that i dont think i am able to hit them quickly enough. Is there a special way to attempt this? How does one attempt a roll at all? Also, is it a bad thing if I do almost all of my beats with one hand?
alsoknownas  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's really no song where you need to do more than a single stroke roll, and that basically just means you alternate with one stroke per hand. And like I said before, keep it low and you'll eventually get it with practice. Also, if doing it with one hand works for you go for it, some songs that's very impractical but if you really want to you can.

Rock Band Stats:
X Guitar Gold Stars: 48/58
X Guitar FCs: 25/58
X Bass Gold Stars: 54/58
X Bass FCs: 54/58
Total Bass FCs: 89
EdwardTeach666  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

completebs91 wrote:
Also, is it a bad thing if I do almost all of my beats with one hand?

Def Leppard style!
DaMan1468  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the rolls, try hitting on the outer boundries of the pad or on the rims themself. If this works a lot better then hitting the center then tape that bad boy down.

If not then you need to improve your technique. Try to hold the sticks loosely in your hand and dont grip them all the way on the bottom. Allow like an inch of the stick to protrude from the bottom of your hand.

As for speed, if your playing on hard i guarantee you may be going too fast. Due to the scroll speed on hard the spacing of notes is very close together and it may be causing you to think your not hitting fast enough. The key is to have even time intevrals inbetween hits. Try counting as you play as well, that should help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: