FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Am I an awful singer or is Reptilia the gayest song ever?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rabies  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a pretty clean-cut voice..and can pretty much 100% this now at will. I should look into recording my performance and posting it to help people out...i think if you listen to me, you might get a better idea of what the game wants you to do. When I first sang this, I was confused because it was hard for me to figure out what pitch the singer was at (or supposed to be at, or whatever). Once I got it, it wasn't too bad.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally 5*'d this last night, only have 1 more to go to 5* the main setlist, but yeah, it is a pain in the ass. I actually think it's kind of a cool song but singing it is a mess. The one that always seems to be bust me is the "You're in a STRAAAANGE (then a huge drop out of tone) part of our (back in) town...".

Doubt I'll ever FC this one, but a man can dream...
RedTsunami  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I don't see why everybody's so pissed at this song. I have it on my ipod. If you've listened to it anywhere from 5-10 times, you should be fine. It's even on my phone as a ringtone!

What's odd though, is that (on expert) I'll hit phases, but it'll feel like it's not rewarding me enough for it, even though I'm doing good...

You're sick.
1. [] 5* TtFatF (only 4* so far)
2. [X] Beat expert drums before kick pedal breaks.
3. [X] Beat expert 5* guitar (Nov 3rd, 2007)
4. X[] Get sigged (WOOT! [damn, I missed])
SIG COUNT: 3 times! <o_0<
Ghazken  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies about raising this thread from the dead, but I have finally gotten down to starting up an Expert Solo Career.

This god damned @#$%&ing piece of $#!% mother*%&@#$%ING song is driving me nuts.

I can't pass this son of a... *calms down*

well, yeah, this song is preventing me from advancing in solo career now. *sigh*
Oxi  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghazken wrote:
Apologies about raising this thread from the dead, but I have finally gotten down to starting up an Expert Solo Career.

This god damned @#$%&ing piece of $#!% mother*%&@#$%ING song is driving me nuts.

I can't pass this son of a... *calms down*

well, yeah, this song is preventing me from advancing in solo career now. *sigh*

Haha, I got the same problem but with Maaahahahahahahhahahahaaaps. But I'd be stuck on Reptilia if it wasn't for Maps. I bet I can 5-star the whole last tier too... sigh.
Nickisimo  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a hard song, no question. I probably sang it 50 times before I FC'd it, and I never thought I would. One nice thing about Reptilia is that broken down the song is a verse, a chorus, some tambourine action(always exciting for Vocalists ), then another verse and chorus with virtually identical pitches to the first verse and chorus. There's no talky parts, no strange twists in key or a note flattening or some such.

I would highly recommend falsetto-ing(if that isn't a real term, that's OK with me) the majority of the chorus. I find that it saves needed breath and I get greater control over it that way. I actually start the falsetto before the chorus, about at "...too fast...ahh you're in a straaaaaaaange part of our..."

Not sure if any of this is helpful, but in the "Please don't slow me down" phrases, you only really need to hit the back end of that phrase to get it, so feel free to take a short breather there and find that pitch for the "...slow me down..." part. In the, "You sound so angry, just calm down, you found me" ones, if you can follow the pitch down on the sloping piece of the phrase, just focus on holding the note at the bottom to pick up the rest.

Hope some of this rambling helps you slay the beast.
Ghazken  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nickisimo wrote:
It's a hard song, no question. I probably sang it 50 times before I FC'd it, and I never thought I would. One nice thing about Reptilia is that broken down the song is a verse, a chorus, some tambourine action(always exciting for Vocalists ), then another verse and chorus with virtually identical pitches to the first verse and chorus. There's no talky parts, no strange twists in key or a note flattening or some such.

I would highly recommend falsetto-ing(if that isn't a real term, that's OK with me) the majority of the chorus. I find that it saves needed breath and I get greater control over it that way. I actually start the falsetto before the chorus, about at "...too fast...ahh you're in a straaaaaaaange part of our..."

Not sure if any of this is helpful, but in the "Please don't slow me down" phrases, you only really need to hit the back end of that phrase to get it, so feel free to take a short breather there and find that pitch for the "...slow me down..." part. In the, "You sound so angry, just calm down, you found me" ones, if you can follow the pitch down on the sloping piece of the phrase, just focus on holding the note at the bottom to pick up the rest.

Hope some of this rambling helps you slay the beast.

Thanks for the assist. I'll let ya know if it helps. I'll give it all another set of runs tomorrow.

Honestly, my friends are getting a kick out of hearing me in the living room singing, and then suddenly breaking into 3 or 4 minutes of cursing loudly at the TV.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: