FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Uh, what's the cut-off score for goldstarz on Seven?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inquis1tor  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Uh, what's the cut-off score for goldstarz on Seven? Reply with quote

Topic title.
#3 overall drummer (PS3) -RETIRED-

Let me know if you want to to be a vocalist in a band that I'm forming.

Only the decent Extreme guitarists from Guitar Freaks are better than the best guitarists in GH, as well as Extreme drummers from Drummania are better than the best drummers in Rock Band.

Only the decent established GF+DM bands are better than the best band of Rock Band.

I have the highest level of respect to those who used to play GF/DM and move on to GH/RB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: Inquis1tor
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It hasn't been golded yet. Both someguy and myself have FCed it (although his score is a bit higher with his OD path) and no gold.

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:
OMG it's called scorehero not shitty argument hero.

Author for RockGamer Studios
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
Inquis1tor  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Okay I'll try fiddling with OD myself as well and see.

Only the decent Extreme guitarists from Guitar Freaks are better than the best guitarists in GH, as well as Extreme drummers from Drummania are better than the best drummers in Rock Band.

Only the decent established GF+DM bands are better than the best band of Rock Band.

I have the highest level of respect to those who used to play GF/DM and move on to GH/RB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: Inquis1tor
someguy913  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck. Major props to you if you find the elusive gold star path.

To get my path, I took a video of myself playing the song, but never activating overdrive, then studied the video to see which spots were potential activation spots, and which notes the fill section would overwrite. With note chart, pencil, and paper, I did the math for endless combinations of activations, weighing out how many notes you would get under overdrive, how many would be overwritten by the fill sections, how that would affect later activations, etc... I found what I could swear is the optimal path. An interesting note, though, is that when I mapped it out, the places of my activations seemed right, but the way I counted them (how many fill sections you wait after obtaining overdrive) turned out wrong. I was one off on some parts. So either I miscounted from the video, or the available fill sections differ depending on whether or not you activate overdrive.

I wouldn't rule that last possibility out, as I consistently saw overdrive phrases turn normal after activating overdrive in Electric Version. But, when I went back to the same section and opted not to activate, they remained white. I wish I had video of this. If this is not merely a fluke, this could make overdrive paths ridiculously hard to make.

Sorry for the long post. I've never gone through this much trouble with an OD path before for any song. This one just bugs me, I guess.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: someguy913ps PSN Name: someguy913
WaffleZone  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I FCed this as well but did not get a gold star
Inquis1tor  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, it's either A) Harmonix was high while making the cut-off, B) forgot to remake the cut-off score for Seven after changing point values for drums, or C)there's something we're not thinking of here. Gold stars shouldn't be that hard to make, perhaps they need to repatch RB and make the cut-off lower or something?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: