FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
4/28 Album DLC - Nothing's Shocking - Jane's Addiction
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyndtmn22  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta say....I'm a little disappointed in the lack of drum videos the last few weeks of DLC. Just seems like no one is uploading them anymore.
MrOmyA  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyndtmn22 wrote:
I gotta say....I'm a little disappointed in the lack of drum videos the last few weeks of DLC. Just seems like no one is uploading them anymore.

MrOmyA wrote:
machetemonkey wrote:
does anybody have drum videos of the album? I can't find any on youtube.

Try corporalgregg's vids. He also has the vids of Guitar/Bass, but you've probably already seen it. ¯\(°_o)/¯

He *frequently* uploads Full Band videos of latest DLC, if not, some other, erm, "unknown" person has a vid of the drum chart. I think that would be just enough.
bclare  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

corporal gregg uploads Drum/Guitar/Bass vids, but I understand that drummers would really like to be able to clearly see the drum chart. I much prefer to watch Npean and S1ckH4nds for guitar/bass instead of corporalgregg's videos
PhatTrumpet  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
On a related note, I'm confused by your use of the word "upwards" there.

"upwards of 16nps (I get 15.7)"

... meaning I calculated 15.7nps based on the tempo I approximated while listening to that portion of the song and using a metronome, but, being an approximation, it could potentially be over 16nps (although not very likely), hence "upwards of 16nps." There's no way to know the exact note speed until the note charts are released.
Bass:      9,226,503 [58 GS, 57 FC]  13,319,824 [83 GS, 83 FC]  22,546,327 [141GS, 140FC]
Drums:    11,105,579 [57 GS, 37 FC]  15,512,780 [76 GS, 36 FC]  26,618,359 [133GS, 73 FC]
Vocals:   11,525,519 [58 GS, 58 FC]  17,302,340 [84 GS, 84 FC]  28,827,859 [142GS, 142FC]
All-Inst: 42,269,027 [231GS, 206FC]  61,262,972 [326GS, 271FC] 103,531,999 [557GS, 477FC]
Rock Band Accomplishments Thread | Guitar Hero Accomplishments Thread
bclare  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhatTrumpet wrote:
bclare wrote:
On a related note, I'm confused by your use of the word "upwards" there.

"upwards of 16nps (I get 15.7)"

... meaning I calculated 15.7nps based on the tempo I approximated while listening to that portion of the song and using a metronome, but, being an approximation, it could potentially be over 16nps (although not very likely), hence "upwards of 16nps." There's no way to know the exact note speed until the note charts are released.

I was just nitpicking about the contradiction between 15.7 (which, for the uninformed, is less than 16) and "upwards of 16"
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably everyone knows this already, but big thumbs up to this album on drums... lots of fun, some tricky stuff and none of the tricky stuff is "pure chops" driven.
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After looking at the notecharts aja has up now, Idiots Rule at its fastest goes 15.6 nps. It actually jumps a good 15 bpm in the middle of the strumming, which makes it even more of a pain.

Also, did anyone find the HO/PO Chord trill in Had a Dad loltastic?

Overall, a phenomenal album for Guitar and Drums. Havent gotten around to bass and vocals yet tho, but from what i hear they are fun as well

bclare  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:
After looking at the notecharts aja has up now, Idiots Rule at its fastest goes 15.6 nps. It actually jumps a good 15 bpm in the middle of the strumming, which makes it even more of a pain.

Also, did anyone find the HO/PO Chord trill in Had a Dad loltastic?

Overall, a phenomenal album for Guitar and Drums. Havent gotten around to bass and vocals yet tho, but from what i hear they are fun as well

Bass is very fun, but some songs are boring. Haven't played all of them yet, but I strongly recommend Pigs in Zen. Jane Says is kinda boring, but still fun if you like the song.

Also, JCirri, can I haz wii scoretracking? I want to put up my optimal score on Thank You Boys (that I got with the tv on mute )
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
Also, JCirri, can I haz wii scoretracking? I want to put up my optimal score on Thank You Boys (that I got with the tv on mute )

You sure can - Wii tracking is now up for those songs. Sorry that got missed originally.

Also updated the OP with S1ckH4nds' bass videos.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buttfaceninja wrote:
inoobnomoar wrote:
I wish HMX would release United Abominations. That'd be the best DLC ever.
Thanks for pointing that out and being relevant to the topic.

The drum solo in Ted is by far my favorite drum solo released yet. Its all over the place without being random and stupid and having no pattern. I am somewhat disappointed that it wasn't as hard as the tiering led me to believe. And the first half of the song is not really that fun either.

The topic is about DLC. What I said was about DLC. That's a relation. So what I said was relevant.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inoobnomoar wrote:
buttfaceninja wrote:
inoobnomoar wrote:

The drum solo in Ted is by far my favorite drum solo released yet. Its all over the place without being random and stupid and having no pattern. I am somewhat disappointed that it wasn't as hard as the tiering led me to believe. And the first half of the song is not really that fun either.

The topic is about DLC. What I said was about DLC. That's a relation. So what I said was relevant.

Not when the wishlist thread exists for that purpose.

This thread is for the discussion of the specific DLC songs released this week, that are listed in the OP.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think, should i buy this album OR single songs from next weeks DLC and some random like (space truckin, don`t stop believing, perfect drug..)
nourali2  

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
inoobnomoar wrote:
buttfaceninja wrote:
inoobnomoar wrote:

This thread is for the discussion of the specific DLC songs released this week, that are listed in the OP.

Well is he a Wii player? If he is then that mitigates his post by a ton. The Wii got Peace Sells DLC this week...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: LordOdadjian
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nourali2 wrote:
inv4der wrote:
inoobnomoar wrote:
buttfaceninja wrote:
inoobnomoar wrote:

Well is he a Wii player? If he is then that mitigates his post by a ton. The Wii got Peace Sells DLC this week...

There is still the fact that Peace Sells and United Abominations are in no way the same album and are despite the name (and Dave Mustaine) pretty much a different band, due to the numerous line-up changes.

Location: San Jose, CA (More specificly, Scotts Valley but their close enough together.)

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuckin' awesome you guys on Wii get Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?!
have fun with it.
Me? I'm not a huge JA fan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: