FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
4/28 Album DLC - Nothing's Shocking - Jane's Addiction
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prong1978  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard Guitar Point of view (updated as I go):

Up the Beach: Boring intro song that's only here because it's a full album. Sounds nice, but boring to play.

Ocean Size: Awesome! 4 solos, the last two of which are super sweet. It's not the hardest song I've ever FCed, but may be the hardest song I've ever sightread FCed. I still can't believe I made it through without screwing up. Winner of the pack for Hard guitar so far!

Had a Dad: Also a nice song with 3-4 solos. They definitely sound like they lost a lot of their bite from the conversion from Expert to Hard, but it's still quite fun. Base on sound, it's probably a lot tougher on Expert.

Ted, Just Admit It: Long and mostly uneventful on guitar (although I did epically choke 8 notes from the end twice in a row). It sounds like the winner of this song is for drummers. The drums (particularly the solos) sound awesome. Also, while it sounds easy, the bassline sounds groovy.

Standing in the Shower...Thinking: Wow! The first solo is like Thrasher solo 1, but longer! I've FCed both solos in a run, but choked elsewhere. This is the hardest song of the pack by far on hard guitar. I've been playing it for two hours and still can't FC it. Now my biggest problem seems to be the trill in solo 2. It doesn't seem like it should be hard, but I've only hit all of it 2-3 times. Update: I got an overstrum 100%.

Last edited by Prong1978 on Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:27 pm; edited 5 times in total
sukergod  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was originally going to skip this album but ive always like Perry Farrell's voice and the charts look like so much fun. I guess im skipping Ten again and going with this instead (along with SRV), plus leaves me with enough for the Spongebob songs, its a great week all around
PhatTrumpet  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another wtf strumming section in Idiot's Rule... upwards of 16nps (I get 15.7).

I'm not a huge fan of Jane's Addiction but this album looks fucking sweet. I especially like how Harmonix seems to be throwing us plenty of curve balls with the guitar charting of the last couple packs. Both Chinese Democracy and Nothing's Shocking have had some very interesting elements chart-wise (difficult, but not unnecessarily so in my opinion).
Bass:      9,226,503 [58 GS, 57 FC]  13,319,824 [83 GS, 83 FC]  22,546,327 [141GS, 140FC]
Drums:    11,105,579 [57 GS, 37 FC]  15,512,780 [76 GS, 36 FC]  26,618,359 [133GS, 73 FC]
Vocals:   11,525,519 [58 GS, 58 FC]  17,302,340 [84 GS, 84 FC]  28,827,859 [142GS, 142FC]
All-Inst: 42,269,027 [231GS, 206FC]  61,262,972 [326GS, 271FC] 103,531,999 [557GS, 477FC]
Rock Band Accomplishments Thread | Guitar Hero Accomplishments Thread
S1ckH4nds  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass charts:
- Up the Beach (HD)
- Ocean Size (HD)
- Had a Dad (HD)
- Ted, Just Admit It... (HD)
- Standing in the Shower... Thinking (HD)
- Summertime Rolls (HD)
- Idiots Rule (HD)
- Jane Says (HD)
- Thank You Boys (HD)
- Pig's in Zen (HD)

Disclaimer: I totally suck at Idiots Rule and Standing In The Shower... Thinking.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: S1ckH4nds
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drummers:

I dont care if you hate Jane's Addiction at all.

Get Ted, Just Admit It.

NOW.

Most fucking wtf changeup and awesomeness Ive ever seen in a chart.

jellyalv  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully, there's no Stop! today. GH2 is safe

Maybe next week will be Snoop Dogg...who bets that it will be easier than So What'Cha Want?

jellyGHThread|jellyRBThread
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jellyalv
bclare  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jellyalv wrote:

Maybe next week will be Snoop Dogg...who bets that it will be easier than So What'Cha Want?

Stop! is the same band, different album. Also, not all rap/hiphop tracks have bass as simple as SWW
drewbles  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think ill buy this album... nothing against Jane's Addiction at all! Its just im not a big fan of them at all. There a really good sound just I never got myself into them.

Its about time Wii was graced with Megadeth \m/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
jellyalv wrote:

Stop! is the same band, different album. Also, not all rap/hiphop tracks have bass as simple as SWW

lol I'm just kidding about Snoop Dogg

And I talked about Stop! because I thought that was on Nothing's Shocking Album

jellyGHThread|jellyRBThread
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jellyalv
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abomstar wrote:
chaosfreak07 wrote:
Bah. I remember a while back, someone said "Up the Beach alone is going to be more fun than the entire Texas Flood album." I don't know if he meant on guitar or drums, and either way, he must not have been serious, because I wouldn't call a song with 213 notes as good as that.

I remember that. I believe it was just a testament to how good Nothing's Shocking is as an album. Hopefully you didn't purchase the song for the chart based on that?

Uh, no. I watched Npeaen's video; that and I don't have any points.

I should get some, though I don't plan to buy that particular song.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaosfreak07 wrote:
Abomstar wrote:
chaosfreak07 wrote:
Bah. I remember a while back, someone said "Up the Beach alone is going to be more fun than the entire Texas Flood album." I don't know if he meant on guitar or drums, and either way, he must not have been serious, because I wouldn't call a song with 213 notes as good as that.

I remember that. I believe it was just a testament to how good Nothing's Shocking is as an album. Hopefully you didn't purchase the song for the chart based on that?

Uh, no. I watched Npeaen's video; that and I don't have any points.

I should get some, though I don't plan to buy that particular song.

Like catalan said earlier, they (or you) probably mistakened it with Ocean Size.

Personally, I haven't heard the charts or listened to songs (most of them, don't want any spoilers ), I will go do that now. I REALLY hope there is nothing that would make me want to jizz in my pants, if there is, then 3 awseome weeks of DLC missed.

Alright so, just got done seeing the songs. O_O Damn, I'm so pissed all this awesome DLC gets released. The majority of the songs are great, with a couple exceptions *COUGH*janessays(butthesongisawesome)*COUGH*thankyouboys(butiguessitskindacoolondrums)*COUGH* The most underrated song is definitely Standing in the Shower, Thinking. It's awesome on guitar and bass (for bass, it kinda reminds me of Rude Mood, I guess :o). And the drums look... tough. O_o
B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINALLY the Wii gets Megadeth!!
Too bad I only have enough for one song.

I'll either get GM/BF, Devil's Island or I Ain't Superstitious.

One Song. Why?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really liked the look of the drum beat on Had a Dad so I picked that one up, wasn't disappointed as it feels even better to play than it looks. Going to avoid Ted Just Admit It because I'm not interested in struggling through that ending, and I may pick up another track depending on how bass charts look because I can hear some cool bass in the album.

Guitar and bass on Had a Dad aren't bad, bass is a little repetitive but it's a neat bassline.

Probably won't get another track off the album for a while but there looks to be some good drums in there for a future rainy week.
redlar  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After giving this album another look over checking the charts, I have to say I'm very surprised, what I thought would be a slow uneventful album turns out to be great fun!

Me and a mate sat around and I ended up downloading all songs except - Jane Says, Summertime Rolls and Thank you Boys.

We had great fun smoking some green and playing these songs, all were spoony and great fun.

Just shows you can be shocked.

Npeaen wrote:
See! There is a benefit to wasting away far too much time on fake plastic guitars!

More... plastic guitars...
Dankscarver  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES! Just in time for my birthday also! =D

Happy Day!
Can't wait to get this on Thursday =D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: