FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
4/21 DLC - Styx, REO Speedwagon and Hautewerk + 12 Wii!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inoobnomoar  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beingmused wrote:
Strangely enough, lots of good music was released before you all were born. In fact, most good music was released before all of us were born!

This week is one of the best by far. And the Styx songs they chose were all better than Mr. Roboto/Come Sail Away. Not to mention better suited for Rock Band.

Don't have to tell me twice. Peace Sells... But Who's Buying is one of my all-time favorite albums and it was released before I was born.
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are Guitar FCs for all the Styx songs (plus hands vids for the solos). Surprisingly, each one of these was a true sightread FC except for Blue Collar Man which I practiced the solo beforehand because I heard it was difficult. EDIT: And I just inputted these scores and they're all 1sts except for Can't Stop Rockin'. Lucky OD on all songs I guess .

Blue Collar Man (Long Nights) Guitar FC
Renegade Guitar FC
Too Much Time on My Hands Guitar FC
Can't Stop Rockin' FC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had heard of REO Speedwagon and Styx, but never gave them much of a listen. Renegade, Ridin' the Storm Out, and can't Stop Rockin' were all incredible (and I instantly opened iTunes and downloaded Ridin' the Storm Out once it was over) and extremely fun. Great pack!
FourSpades  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inoobnomoar wrote:
Fernwilter wrote:
I think im the only one who not likes this week

You're not alone. I've never heard of these bands. Don't think I'll be getting this DLC.

You've never heard of Styx?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

You, my friend, have been musically deprived!!!!
My YouTube! Latest Videos: Crazy Train, Metropolis Part 1I, and Midnight
Injoy wrote:
I'll have a FAGS by the end of tonight I think.
Asenn34  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill pass on DLC this week.

If Only there Was Come Sail Away
redlar  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All songs except Hautewerk look great fun to play.

I'll be picking these songs up once my xbox comes back from xbox-3 red light Hell.

Npeaen wrote:
See! There is a benefit to wasting away far too much time on fake plastic guitars!

More... plastic guitars...
Phoenix654Rocker  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inoobnomoar wrote:
beingmused wrote:
Strangely enough, lots of good music was released before you all were born. In fact, most good music was released before all of us were born!

This week is one of the best by far. And the Styx songs they chose were all better than Mr. Roboto/Come Sail Away. Not to mention better suited for Rock Band.

Don't have to tell me twice. Peace Sells... But Who's Buying is one of my all-time favorite albums and it was released before I was born.

Hear, hear! I'm a 23 year old who agrees that much of the good music came out before I existed. Much of Metallica, Pink Floyd, The Who, Journey, Rush, AC/DC, Boston, The Rolling Stones, Led Zepplin, All of The Beatles albums and many, many, many, many other bands were great before I was around. Rock Band is awesome in that sense because it keeps bringing that music to a new generation (except Pink Floyd... maybe next week we'll get Dark Side of the Moon or The Wall... yeah right. I'd settle for "Money.")

Oh and "Roll with the Changes" is one of the greatest classic rock songs of all time. REO Styx-wagon pack rocks.

BTW, feel free to sign my "Let's nuke Rome, Italy" petition, striving to rid everything old (thereby making it meaningless and terrible) from the face of the planet. Screw history, am I right?! WHO'S WITH ME?!?!?!*

*really, really, really kidding here, for the sarcasm impared.
Rock and Roll it will survive....

*Awesome Guitar Solo*

-AC/DC, Rock Gods
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Phoenix654
fUNC  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know this ahead of time, but apparently the drummer for Styx is awesome.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
orangeglacier  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix654Rocker wrote:

BTW, feel free to sign my "Let's nuke Rome, Italy" petition, striving to rid everything old (thereby making it meaningless and terrible) from the face of the planet. Screw history, am I right?! WHO'S WITH ME?!?!?!*

*really, really, really kidding here, for the sarcasm impared.

It turns out, most of the literature/architecture that was 'meaningless and terrible' was destroyed during the Dark Ages, and only the greatest of the Romans' work survived. Likewise, in 200 years, some Rush may survive, some Led Zeppelin may survive, but no one will care at all about terrible groups like REO Speedwagon except some obscure space archaeologist from Mars or something studying the music of 1970s Americans. And even he won't care.

GH5 (30/43)(Gamma Ray latest)
RB2 (39/42)(Souls of Black latest)
swedenman  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best pack ever. No joke. It's about time we got some good classic rock DLC that is actually difficult.

My Accomplishments
I can haz thread <3? I'm kinda gud
wolf549, when updating our thread after a session wrote:
Did all we get was Rebel Girl?
m3goldeneagle21  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've heard of the band Styx but i'm still not buying any of this weeks DLC....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had Renegade stuck in my head all day. Like I was walking down the hall in my school like bobbing my head to the voice of Tommy Shaw.

Thats a sign that I have to buy the song!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangeglacier wrote:
It turns out, most of the literature/architecture that was 'meaningless and terrible' was destroyed during the Dark Ages, and only the greatest of the Romans' work survived. Likewise, in 200 years, some Rush may survive, some Led Zeppelin may survive, but no one will care at all about terrible groups like REO Speedwagon except some obscure space archaeologist from Mars or something studying the music of 1970s Americans. And even he won't care.

As a point of interest, do me a favor and name 5 bands that debuted before and 5 bands that debuted after 1991 that you enjoy. Thanks in advance.
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonybaroneee wrote:
Quote:
I'm sorry, I meant progressive metal.

In that case, Harmonix has definitely been coming up short, we could use more prog metal.

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
Quote:
Here are Guitar FCs for all the Styx songs (plus hands vids for the solos).

Thanks, much appreciated.

LolRoffles wrote:
Quote:
I had heard of REO Speedwagon and Styx, but never gave them much of a listen. Renegade, Ridin' the Storm Out, and can't Stop Rockin' were all incredible (and I instantly opened iTunes and downloaded Ridin' the Storm Out once it was over) and extremely fun. Great pack!

I downloaded Ridin the Storm Out also when I heard it. Then, I was so excited I went on an ITunes spending spree.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
NexustEra  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangeglacier wrote:
Likewise, in 200 years, some Rush may survive, some Led Zeppelin may survive, but no one will care at all about terrible groups like REO Speedwagon except some obscure space archaeologist from Mars or something studying the music of 1970s Americans. And even he won't care.

I am so, so happy that I can wake up every morning and not have your taste in music. But I'm sure all that bands you listen to are AWESOME by everyone's standards, right? LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: