FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How do i not suck at songs with 16th note reds?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FallenOracleX  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: How do i not suck at songs with 16th note reds? Reply with quote

Songs such as everlong, mr. brightside, teen age riot, etc.
I seriously used to be able to almost fc everlong and now i can barely keep a combo...
Like i get so tired now, I don't know if I'm doing anything differently or what.
If you could share your tips i'd be extremely grateful.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: FallenOracleX PSN Name: FallenOracleX
Underdrive  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you haven't played in a while, you're probably going to need to just keep playing until you build your endurance back up. If you're having trouble keeping a streak, take the songs into practice to make sure they aren't really faster or slower than you may think they are. That's the problem I had when I first learned those songs, I expected Everlong to be as fast as RttH and Teen Age Riot to be as slow as Outside.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: How do i not suck at songs with 16th note reds? Reply with quote

FallenOracleX wrote:
Songs such as everlong, mr. brightside, teen age riot, etc. I seriously used to be able to almost fc everlong and now i can barely keep a combo... Like i get so tired now, I don't know if I'm doing anything differently or what. If you could share your tips i'd be extremely grateful.

Practice LRLRLR patterns outside of the game. Buy a drum pad (dunno a price off the top of my head), a metronome ($15 for mine), and practice at various tempos (preferably, the song tempos). There should be some improvement in your endurance after a couple of weeks.

Also, if you dive straight into the hard songs without warming up, play a couple of "easy" songs to get your muscles warm before you go for something Everlong or Teen Age Riot (or anything physically exhausting, for that matter). I, personally, find myself doing much better after warming up with a 6-7 song set of Solid Songs.
>tfw you will never have as many posts as bjw ;_;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FoshOtter
Adsee  

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: How do i not suck at songs with 16th note reds? Reply with quote

LethalFishEater wrote:

Also, if you dive straight into the hard songs without warming up, play a couple of "easy" songs to get your muscles warm before you go for something Everlong or Teen Age Riot (or anything physically exhausting, for that matter). I, personally, find myself doing much better after warming up with a 6-7 song set of Solid Songs.

One good song for warming up is E-Pro or Orange Crush. Both have similar patterns yet are slowed down. In addition to that, you could practice Everlong in practice mode at different speeds, working up to full speed.
MisterMixelpix  

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Push It. Great warmup song. Good pace and the regular bassline makes it easy to stay on rhythm. Outside and E-Pro are just toooooo slowwwwww to really get the muscles warmed up.

Mr Brightside works well too because the fast sections don't last that long.

Outside is a great warmup for Rio.

Amadedus  

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to d/l Push It now. Huzzah!

Also, Girls on Film has a pleasing off-beat pedal... I use it for warming myself up for the Teen Age Riot chorus.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: