FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
So.. I've got this problem with rolls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toodooloo  

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: So.. I've got this problem with rolls Reply with quote

Well the problem is, a few days ago (or weeks?) all of a sudden I wasn't capable of doing fast rolls anymore. Rolls like the ones in Cherub Rock or the ones in The Kill just seemed too fast. I used to be able to do these, but now I just can't.

Especially rolls that weren't following a regular beat (like the part in The Kill where there's no notes at all, just 2 or 3 red rolls) are near impossible for me now. Something just screws up my sticking and I go L+R,L+R,L+R, instead of L,R,L,R,L,R if you know what I mean.

Does anyone know what could have caused this, and what I can do about it?
Kelsin  

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you're trying to go too fast, take time, and try getting warmed-up before playing such rolls,
Play some song on lefty-flip so you can improve your movement and try playing Everlong.
After this, you should have you wrist all ready. If you still cant do it, then, take it in practice mode and go from 50% to 60, to 70 etc...
Bets of luck with that.
Toodooloo  

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks I'll try that
Waffles007  

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know exactly what you're talking about, you're like..galloping with your sticks. what you need to do is start out with slower rolls and put more emphasis in your sticking until you are comfortable, and just work your way into doing it normally. i used to have the same problem, and this helped drastically.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: