FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
4/14 Full Album DLC - Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redlar  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty Weak Album for Bass.

Awesome album for guitarists, fun riffs and solos, probably alongside there with ten and texas flood.

Don't play drums so I dont know what thats like, but they sounded fun, but nothing crazy.

And vocals were excellent this week, challenging and fun. If you can stand Axl Roses's voice, which I can.

Overall, a very good purchase for me
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also that nubbing part in scraped wasnt charted towards the end before the 4th chorus.....I WANTED MOAR NUBBING MADNESS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Chinese Democracy Reply with quote

I find the album incredibly easy for guitar except for some parts(the funky parts in one of the songs which are the quickest scaling hammerons i've seen and the end of there was a time). speaking of there was a time that song does not deserve devils im sorry its just not hard the final 10 seconds thats about it.

However I actually got the album to just hear it as I never have before and I must say this is some very good comeback music for GnR. Still wish Slash was in the band, would be nice to see some dueling solos from him and bucket. Well if anyone wants to play some of the album or something go ahead and invite me on xbox live Master Flarg. (Guitar)[/quote]
toymachine  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if anyone is worried the guitar is too hard and won't be fun because of it- I can say that I sightread 5*'d the whole pack.

I even got two GS's and FCd Broken Streets/Dreams (whatever) solo the first time I saw it.

So yes- if toymachine can 5* everything on a sightread so can you!

SRV pack not so much XD

Best DLC in awhile imo.
Armisael  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 to that. It looks like CD is going to take the crown from Love Spreads for Biggest Sleeper Hit. I mean, the current incarnation of the band is pretty hated, but its impossible to deny the charts for everything but bass are awesome (drums are a bit repetitive, though). IMO, this album should be the second one every DLC'er should get, except for maybe vocalists, who should get it as their first album. It's just really good all around.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question about "There Was A Time". I really dig the song, but I'm not very good at the plastic guitar (can't pass GGaHT among others). Looking at the videos, it doesn't appear to be that hard except for the "Constant Motion"-esque "HOLY SHIT" moment at the end. Is that correct?

In other words, would my sorry ass be able to pass it if I hoard OD in the second solo?
Armisael  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has two "WTF?!" parts, but they're thankfully separated. If you flail and hoard, you'll probably make it through.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the videos, it looks like there's a bunch of songs with a really awesome drum pattern that just appears once or twice the whole song and the rest is kind of boring. In particular, I'm thinking of the intros to Scraped, Riad, and Prostitue, but there might be others.

It always annoys me. Not that it's anyone's fault, since the drummer's focused on the sound it makes, not how fun it will be in Rock Band, and Harmonix is just charted what's in the song, but man, if all of Scraped or Riad drums were like the intros, I'd be dying to play them, and instead I feel kind of meh about them. I really wish more drummers did consistently awesome things for entire songs. It seems like a lot of drummers play really cool patterns for parts of a song but then just switch to a simple rock beat when the vocalist comes in.

Regardless, things still don't look too bad on drums for the most part, and a lot of the songs definitely seem awesome on guitar. I wont' be getting the whole album, but I think I'll end up picking up about half of it.
chrib  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLucas4092 wrote:
I have a question about "There Was A Time". I really dig the song, but I'm not very good at the plastic guitar (can't pass GGaHT among others). Looking at the videos, it doesn't appear to be that hard except for the "Constant Motion"-esque "HOLY SHIT" moment at the end. Is that correct?

In other words, would my sorry ass be able to pass it if I hoard OD in the second solo?

Yes, if you hoard your OD you can easily pass There Was A Time. I'm not a good player myself and failed the song on sightread, but with enough OD in the second run and random flailing I had no problem at the end.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: chrib
JLucas4092  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armisael wrote:
It has two "WTF?!" parts, but they're thankfully separated. If you flail and hoard, you'll probably make it through.

chrib wrote:
JLucas4092 wrote:

Yes, if you hoard your OD you can easily pass There Was A Time. I'm not a good player myself and failed the song on sightread, but with enough OD in the second run and random flailing I had no problem at the end.

Thanks guys.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One last thing about There Was A Time: when I golded it on my second run I didn't have OD for the triplets and still passed, so they aren't exactly Constant Motion in terms of "lol ur gunna fail here".

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
if anyone is worried the guitar is too hard and won't be fun because of it- I can say that I sightread 5*'d the whole pack.

I even got two GS's and FCd Broken Streets/Dreams (whatever) solo the first time I saw it.

SRV pack not so much XD

Best DLC in awhile imo.

Indeed, definitely the most fun album guitar wise. Peace Sells was harder, but I think I'll still be playing these tracks long after I play My Last Words or Devil's Island again...

Progress: 20/42, Last: Love Bites (So Do I) (9th ever FC cross-platform!)

Best FCs-
FCPREMIX, TtL CoD, CoP, NotB (GH3), RtL, Wasted Years, Peace Sells (RB)
Carungi  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
One last thing about There Was A Time: when I golded it on my second run I didn't have OD for the triplets and still passed, so they aren't exactly Constant Motion in terms of "lol ur gunna fail here".

Wish I could've said the same *sobs*
Armisael  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

banjokazooie wrote:
toymachine wrote:

SRV pack not so much XD

Best DLC in awhile imo.

Indeed, definitely the most fun album guitar wise. Peace Sells was harder, but I think I'll still be playing these tracks long after I play My Last Words or Devil's Island again...

I prefer TF, personally, but I can see this becoming a sort of "cult hit". Nobody picks up expecting something good at first, but is blown away by the cool charts and grows to like the songs.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carungi wrote:
inv4der wrote:

Wish I could've said the same *sobs*

Well, I was in the middle of the red. >_>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: