FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
4/14 Full Album DLC - Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bclare  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armisael wrote:
+1 to that. It looks like CD is going to take the crown from Love Spreads for Biggest Sleeper Hit. I mean, the current incarnation of the band is pretty hated, but its impossible to deny the charts for everything but bass are awesome (drums are a bit repetitive, though). IMO, this album should be the second one every DLC'er should get, except for maybe vocalists, who should get it as their first album. It's just really good all around.

The bass overall isn't great, but Chinese Democracy is fun, There Was A Time is awesome, and most of them are at least not too boring. Even something like I.R.S. which I SRFC-ed, it was an interesting enough track that I'll definitely play it again (although I'm a little biased since thats probably my fav song form the album). This is the second-best album DLC, imo, just behind Moving Pictures and just ahead of Ten (sorry, not a big SRV fan)
Prong1978  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the best album, but it's not the worst either.

I found most of the album to be quite fun. I didn't really like playing Shackler's Revenge, but many of these songs are great to play and listen to. I'll be picking up the album next time I'm at Best Buy.
NSiYusuke  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think it would be cooler if Axl renamed the band something else and ran with the whole electronic/funky/technical/Bucketheady theme.

Ahah, Many fans said they should call themselves "W.A.R."; W. Axl Rose, which would be totally awesome if you ask me, but I don't mind that they're still called Guns 'n' Roses, it's not the name that counts, I guess.

I wish Buckethead still played with them, sort of. I love his solo stuff, too, though, but the chances of any of those appearing in Rockband is pretty slim since he's not exactly well known by the general public outside of "That dude who played Jordan in GHII and Soothsayer in GHIII.". Plus a ton of his stuff is instrumental. They need to get songs from Buckethead and Friends... :'D Then we can see a Buckethead pack with Nottingham Lace tagged on as an instrumental.

Also, Toymachine, I thought you'd be more interested in this, since it caters to your Buckethead interest. xD

RIP RBN
Something101  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Riad and C.D.
Any other songs worth getting for bass?
BathTub  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSiYusuke wrote:
I wish Buckethead still played with them, sort of. I love his solo stuff, too, though, but the chances of any of those appearing in Rockband is pretty slim since he's not exactly well known by the general public outside of "That dude who played Jordan in GHII and Soothsayer in GHIII.". Plus a ton of his stuff is instrumental. They need to get songs from Buckethead and Friends... :'D Then we can see a Buckethead pack with Nottingham Lace tagged on as an instrumental.

Also, Toymachine, I thought you'd be more interested in this, since it caters to your Buckethead interest. xD

You know I would think that fact alone would make it more likely that his solo stuff eventually showed up in Rock Band. People at HMX are clearly fans.
crthiel  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This album kicked so much ass.

It had variety which was awesome. The SRV song was fun but it was all blues, no variety. And 3 songs didn't even have vocals which basically excludes them from parties.
bclare  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something101 wrote:
I have Riad and C.D.
Any other songs worth getting for bass?

Scraped. I said above that There Was A Time was great, but it's not really, I meant Scraped.
cotlc  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, this is the best DLC to come out for guitar since the Boston pack all those months ago.

Every song has something special to play in it, whether it be a guitar lick here, or a long, moderately difficult solo there. I didn't even mind sitting waiting an hour for This I Love to kick in on guitar because the vocal melody makes it worth listening to and chilling out to.

It was as if Axl made this album with Rock Band in mind.

I can imagine the vocals are a challenging blast too. Just a shame about bass and drums but you can't have everything.

Brilliant choice, Harmonix, and bringing the guitar out of the mix rather than having it as a muddier background noise makes this album stand out even more for the potential classic that it could well become - very much like what Neversoft did for Death Magnetic.

It's not often I prefer playing along to an album rather than listening to it, and I got bored of CD months ago. Now it's fresher than ever.

cotlc
NSiYusuke  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BathTub wrote:
You know I would think that fact alone would make it more likely that his solo stuff eventually showed up in Rock Band. People at HMX are clearly fans.

True, but from what I heard, it was all Marcus Henderson's doing that Buckethead got into the game in the first place. Didn't he move on or something? Man, I miss Drist, and his badass covers...

:3 Though that'd be really cool if they could give us something like Buckethead and Friends: Enter the Chicken or something. Nottingham Lace has to get into one of these music games somehow XD... Preferably fully charted.

EDIT: de'tunnelled that quote.
goldengoal7  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't quite afford the entire thing yet unfortunately, so I just purchased This I Love (vocals in mind) and There Was A Time (pretty awesome on everything.) I'm enjoying it quite a bit, and I like the music, so I'll be purchasing the entire album once I can get my hands on some MS points. Mythic and CoDWaW map packs took a bit of a heavy hit to my DLC buying :/
nigge  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, when i buy microsoft points (hopefully soon) i am gonna definetly buy this, texas flood album & lots of single songs.
anonymous_66  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
FretMachine-SH  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two days after the album comes out, cirkit FC's Better and Riad N' the Bedouins.

-My Name is Jonas by Weezer
-Brother by Pearl Jam
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FretMachine-SH wrote:
Two days after the album comes out, cirkit FC's Better and Riad N' the Bedouins.

And? He sucks if he doesn't have There Was A Time on that list. >_>

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He got full album FC already >_< ^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: