FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
isn't it ironic?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
asianspice121  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: isn't it ironic? Reply with quote

First off, nicely done JC....worth the wait

Does anyone else think its strange that 5 stars are shown in gold but gold stars (6 stars) are displayed as orange?
Sully  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a) Your avatar is too big.

b) Ironic? No. Silly/goofy/dumb/lame/weird/screwy? Perhaps.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
Ghazken  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: isn't it ironic? Reply with quote

asianspice121 wrote:
isn't it ironic?

Just like rain on your wedding day.

Or a free ride when your already late.

Or like good advice that you just can't take.

Who woulda thought it figure?
evilgoat  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Re: isn't it ironic? Reply with quote

Ghazken wrote:
asianspice121 wrote:
isn't it ironic?

25G - Taking it Too Far Achievement.

But seriously.. I lol'ed.

XBL ragnartheawful PSN Ragnar_the_Awful
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: ragnartheawful PSN Name: Ragnar_the_Awful
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alanis, Ludacris, Soulja Boy

Where would we be without these mavens of the English language.
Lasfas  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: isn't it ironic? Reply with quote

Ghazken wrote:
asianspice121 wrote:
isn't it ironic?

"Old Man, Afraid to fly" ect...

Ghazken, You never cease to make me laugh, it all started with your avatar...

Back on topic, Yes it is Silly, It is also silly we don't have extended ratings, but someone said they will be added.

PS: As my buddy InterSlang once said...
InterSlang wrote:
5*? Dat wsnt Guld, Dat Was Yeloh!

PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: isn't it ironic? Reply with quote

Lasfas wrote:
It is also silly we don't have extended ratings, but someone said they will be added.

On the Rock Band scoring system, they wouldn't work.

Guitar Hero has consistent score increases from star to star. You had a "base score," three times that value was the cut-off for 3*, five times that was the cut-off for 5*. So you could calculate numbers for 6*, 7*, 8*, etc. easily enough.

Rock Band's numbers don't make NEARLY as much sense. You zip up to 3* like lightning, then the points increase considerably to get more stars after that, and they're never consistent from star to star. The Gold Star values even vary between systems (the PS2 has lower ones.)

There's no way to have a score for "seven starring" a song in Rock Band because you'd have to completely invent the number, and for many songs, the Gold Star rating is very close to the maximum possible score anyway.

... whoops, I think I'm trying to de-rail the topic with number-crunching. This doesn't seem to be the place for that. Carry on.
Graf  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extended ratings for 7 or 8 stars would not work wit h Rock Band (as PeridotWeapons stated), however it is possible to make detailed ratings that aren't extedned.

The detailed ratings would be a TON of work that I personally could only imagine happening if we figured out the exact difference between the and gold star cutoffs, then by setting cutoff points in between. For example:

Should I Stay Or Should I Got cutoffs

So now, knowing the "beginning" and "end" of our "detailed rating" we could calculate whether or not someone got (5.1) - (5.9) by doing simple mathematics:

So, knowing that the spread of the two cutoffs is 36,400; we could divide that by ten, getting 3,640. Which conclusively "proves" exactly how close or far away that person was from by addition. 73,640 would be (5.1), 77,280 would be (5.2), so on and so forth....

The reason why this isnt practical is because the mods and admins would have to LITERALLY take every single song and divide up the cutoffs as I just did, and then implement it into the site so scores have their extended ratings calculated immediately for the user.

Personally, I am willing to sit down and do all the tedious work by figuring out exact cutoffs for what I can from to to ,I think it would be a great addition to the Rock Band ScoreHero site, but I dont know if JCirri and company would want to put in all the information for it. Either way, I will start working on the songs that have and cutoffs from the threads by PeridotWeapon for guitar/bass. PM me if you would like to help

As far as the 6-star rating being used as the gold star image, I am pretty sure that JCirri and them had a TON of work to do, and that was the most practical thing they could do. I could try to draw up a little gold star image if it might benefit the site

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: isn't it ironic? Reply with quote

I don't see the irony can somone explain and to fufill whoever im quotings dream of being guote... (wow that was redundant) look below
Lasfas wrote:
Ghazken wrote:
asianspice121 wrote:
isn't it ironic?

"Old Man, Afraid to fly" ect...

Ghazken, You never cease to make me laugh, it all started with your avatar...

Back on topic, Yes it is Silly, It is also silly we don't have extended ratings, but someone said they will be added.

PS: As my buddy InterSlang once said...
InterSlang wrote:
5*? Dat wsnt Guld, Dat Was Yeloh!

now that is a mega quote
Graf  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no irony. Read Sully's post
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: