FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Update: Move Along Vocal FC + Dirty Little Secret Guitar FC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nickisimo  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Update: Move Along Vocal FC + Dirty Little Secret Guitar FC Reply with quote

12/26 Update:
New DLC plus a new Guitar! What a day...
Anywho:
Move Along Vocal FC
Got 205,068 on this and still not enough for Gold. I waited and waited to try and max out my SP on the short passages too. Oh, well. This one was pretty tough and I'm not sure I could FC it on command in Band play. In terms of whinyness I would rate this right up there with DoA so it's tough on the voicebox too.

Dirty Little Secret Guitar FC Gold
Used kind of a dumb path on that one in the beginning and the end(didn't wait for triple chords) but still had more then enough for Gold.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I finally found a DLC song that I wanted. Buddy Holly is short, but it's a blast to play. It took me about 5 tries to get the FC, with the only real trouble spots being the 2nd verse and the one talky part near the end. I ended up with 170,764 and Gold Stars. By the time I signed off XBL, it only had my 1st try up there, some awful 4-star score. I've had some issues with the leaderboards taking forever to update or not at all. Anyway, it wasn't what I would call a perfect run in that I barely made a few of the phrases, but as they say, I'd rather be lucky than good. I'm sure someone will squash it before the day is out.

The goods :
Buddy Holly Vocals FC Gold

Also, last night I was bored waiting for the DLC(which never came last night), so I kept trying to work my way up the DoA leaderboards. I FC'd it 3 times in a row(which is an accomplishment in itself, I guess) and ended up with 205,740, good for 3rd on the ol' leaderboard behind primedASO and BluePai.

I've got a DoA FC vid in my YouTube account too, but my score on that one was something like 198,000. I still think the best plan is to leave that last 25% energy to the birds, but who knows?

Last edited by Nickisimo on Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: H2O Nickisimo
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should really turn up your vocal track so we can hear you sing. Otherwise it kinda defeats the purpose!

Still, great job on those!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried doing tracks with the mic on full and vocal track lowered and it sounds awful. I just don't have a very good singing voice, but apparently I can throw that bad voice around pretty well. There's also a lot of times on Expert where I'm half-singing, half-humming in order to make the phrase. It seems like you have to do this since there's a tiny bit of lag between the mic and the game. It's better just to hold your voice even if the real singer is breaking it up into pieces.

Example:
Real singer: "One for the now and eleven for the later"
Me: "Un-fuh-duh-now-ana-eva-eva-ater"

It's Rock Band speak.
muna  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nickisimo wrote:
I've tried doing tracks with the mic on full and vocal track lowered and it sounds awful. I just don't have a very good singing voice, but apparently I can throw that bad voice around pretty well. There's also a lot of times on Expert where I'm half-singing, half-humming in order to make the phrase. It seems like you have to do this since there's a tiny bit of lag between the mic and the game. It's better just to hold your voice even if the real singer is breaking it up into pieces.

Example:
Real singer: "One for the now and eleven for the later"
Me: "Un-fuh-duh-now-ana-eva-eva-ater"

It's Rock Band speak.

From what I heard tonight, you slur the words together with no regards to consenants. I also like to do that when I sing, but I haven't become used to singing up an octave so I am still failing half the songs on the setlist, but I am good at the talky parts.

Why don't you put your scores up on scorehero? I don't think you would need a picture for each score. Great job tonight btw.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muna wrote:
From what I heard tonight, you slur the words together with no regards to consenants. I also like to do that when I sing, but I haven't become used to singing up an octave so I am still failing half the songs on the setlist, but I am good at the talky parts.

Yeah, it's an ugly half-humming, half-singing mess, but it works. I never said it was pretty. I'm surprised you could hear it though...I had my mic volume at 0. Could you hear me the other times we played?

muna wrote:
Why don't you put your scores up on scorehero? I don't think you would need a picture for each score. Great job tonight btw.

Part laziness, part crappy scores. I haven't played the solo tour much since I beat it and most of my scores are probably pretty bad. I'd rather spend time playing with other people, although I have to admit after not playing guitar for about 2 weeks and not being able to play drums, I'm getting a little worn out with singing. I think part of it is just having to sing the same songs every night. A lot of the "epic" songs(not the song Epic, which is semi-Epic in truth )are about 30% singing and 70% waiting/slapping the mic around as the 2nd drummer. It's really hard to even stay focused in a song like GGAHT, WGFA, or WH. Hopefully some more good DLC will come out and there'll be more to play.

Don't get me wrong though, I had fun tonight too. You did great as usual, Zynon was really good too.
Nickisimo  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for new crap.
YODAvSIDIOUS  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's awesome. Now that I got my bundle and got a mic, I'll probably be playing vocals a lot more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: