FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
4/7 DLC - Toby Keith, The Shins, Black Tide & BFMV + 10 Wii!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I somehow got a sightread pass on WoT
I was happy.
stevenlarged  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice week; Something for me, and something for my redneck family. Shall be picking a few up.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pksage wrote:
They ruined Warriors of Time. :/ The intro is easily the best part of the song - go listen to the original version if you're not familiar. It's all gone! IMO, this is a much worse travesty than the missing chunk of Prequel, because the chart for the intro would have been amazing.

This is the first time Harmonix has let me down this much. Ah, well. At least we got the song at all.

I want to agree with you, but the last three minutes of Prequel are probably the best part of a song that got cut out. (I want my accordion bridge. )

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last three minutes of Prequel To The Sequel showcase Between The Buried And Me's versatility. People play the song and they think the singer is just a growler. In reality, almost every single song BTBAM has recorded has a mix of growly and clean vocals. I love the (removed) climactic line, "it's starting to wilt away..." It's not just versatile vocals that BTBAM possesses. It's their ability to play anything musically, the way they jump from style to style multiple times throughout their songs (the best evidence of this is Ants Of The Sky). In Rock Band, PTTS is cut right before one such jump: the accordion bridge, and that's the best part of the song.

As much as I adore BTBAM, you'll never see me cry too much foul over this, because I can't even beat the song. It might as well be a 2-minute cut to me.

It's still disheartening to see another song suffer a similar fate.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: LordOdadjian
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pksage wrote:
They ruined Warriors of Time. :/ The intro is easily the best part of the song - go listen to the original version if you're not familiar. It's all gone! IMO, this is a much worse travesty than the missing chunk of Prequel, because the chart for the intro would have been amazing.

This is the first time Harmonix has let me down this much. Ah, well. At least we got the song at all.

There's a very good chance that it's not Harmonix's fault. They said in response to PttS that they never cut songs (aside from lyric censoring) and that was the version they were given by the record label, so there's a good chance that it's the same for this. I wouldn't be surprised if there are Black Tide fans there who were more disappointed than we are when they were given the track without the intro.
joekickass1234  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHERE's GARY!?!?!?!?!?!

3926 0220 0199 1364
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grabbed both the metal tunes and though both bands are pretty over-rated, the charts were good. Warriors of Time kicked my ass with the solo's a few times. I hate triplets lol Had trouble getting the feel of Waking the Demons main riff, but got a 4 star sightread with it.
elrey23  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea i can't wait to play the spongebob set for wii!
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never realized how much I actually like Toby Keiths music. Wow, I want the whole thing. I need MSP.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
meister  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am excited to play The New Slang it is an awesome song from my favorite movie (Garden State).
Won't like toby keith but at least I'll get a lot of easy FCs from it, and I have a friend that will want to play them, even though that means I will have to play them again lol

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

totally epic, i loved playing these songs

I gold starred both Wakng the Demon and Warriors of Time on my 3rd try,

i also 5 starred both songs on my sightread on drums.

new record of 5 weeks straight that i've gotten dlc =D i wonder what we'll be getting next week

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
Xtrem3Poptarts  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the warriors of time Expert guitar chart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o11vH3RWyE
ReSpAwNkIlLeR  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waking the Demon is censored:

Original: just fuck with my mind

rockband: just [...] with my mind

you can hear a stop while he is screaming that
inv4der  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReSpAwNkIlLeR wrote:
Waking the Demon is censored:

Original: just fuck with my mind

rockband: just [...] with my mind

you can hear a stop while he is screaming that

And that was surprising?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being the metal fan I am, I downloaded WoT and WtD. I was offput by WtD's main rhythm with all the HOPOs giving me combo issues. Managed to 5 star it without too much difficulty.

WoT on the other hand...solo 3. Took me 3 tries to beat it. Yeah, I got 5 stars, but only on 86% notes hit. I haven't failed any song on my first try since CM. I guess that means I really like this song. However, the fact that solo 3 is about 75% of the way through the damn song, restarting is a bitch. Kind of like the Darkness Solo A in One. No way do I want to play that song again just to fail 4 or 5 minutes into it. GGaHT is much the same. But they're all fun, so yay, more 5 star scores!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: