FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pics of "Warbeast" dissected

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortynfive  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Pics of "Warbeast" dissected Reply with quote

karmajack  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics. I was considering opening mine up to make some adjustments. I'm not comfortable with the OD button location. So I was going to install a new one in a more convenient spot. Then convert the existing button into a BH Killswitch. I've just been putting it off.
It's still on the to do list though.
I see the rumored Wii mote nest sitting there waiting to be used. Wonder if that's going to happen.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know other ppl have had the same issue I had with the fret buttons not responding. This is what I did to fix it. I'm copying this from docs, modder forum. I needed to open the guitar up to shim the fret buttons. I was having issues with green in particular. Unless my finger was dead center in the button pressing firmly; it wouldn’t light up the green fret. The problem lies in the silicon housed button "contact"- its what is on the actual circuit board, the fret pushes down onto it, it presses against the circuit board. Its small metal interior closes the circuit on the board, indicating the button is depressed. In the warbeast however the metal "contact" inside the silicon pad is very very small. Several millimeters smaller than its corresponding counterpart on the rb strat. Were it larger you could apply pressure from the very edges of the button and still get contact on the board. I just shimmed the bottom of the fret keys with a small piece of rubber. No more than 1mm in thickness. It solved the problem completely and made the buttons more sensitive.

The buttons were also very noisy so I took the opportunity to add the silicon dampeners and strips the rb2 strat uses. Very very quiet now.

Also if you are opening the guitar, take some kind of grease. I typically use dielectric grease. Just grab spark boot protector from any auto zone. I prefer it because it’s non conductive so if you apply it too liberally or get it on a board, no worries. There maybe something "better". I don't know for certain. But grease up all the moving mechanisms of the strum. It’s dry as a bone in the cradle where the strums "spine" houses in the guitar. In fact there was quite a bit of dust from the plastic being ground down from the friction. The strum has a much lighter feel to it now and it’s not nearly as noisy.
pbenson1167  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortynfive...

How exactly did you add the silicon strips to deaden the clicky sound of the fret buttons?

thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: