FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
3/31 DLC - Journey, Pat Benatar, SpongeBob, more + Wii
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abomstar wrote:
BenniWells wrote:
GLASVEGAS!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

As much as I love the band, they do not belong on this game, I'm glad it's just a stand alone song and not a song pack because there would be a whole load of BAWWW in this thread.

I know what you mean. There are a lot of songs that I would personally enjoy in RB despite not being at all "fun" to play, but it wouldn't even be worth it to have in the game knowing that it would be out of context and bashed/hated by 99% of people for not having interesting enough charts. Certain Doolittle songs give me that impression, Silver especially. It irks me so much when people trash that song. Like, yeah, it's out of place in a rhythm game and wholly insignificant on its own, but it's still part of a cohesive work. The artists didn't write their song to have some moron, who otherwise would never have even discovered it, post "epic fail" on YouTube, because it "needs moar notes", and then go on assuming the band is worthless for that reason alone.

I'm not particularly a fan of Glasvegas, but from what I can tell their songs are characterized a lot by mood and the shoegazey guitar textures, and in Rock Band there isn't much room for that sort of thing to resonate, and the charts make the music seem a lot more simplistic and boring than it actually is. Even if I were a fan, Geraldine would never be my go-to song on any instrument except perhaps vocals.

I'm going to just say that your entire post pretty much sums up my feelings (except for your personal opinions on Glasvegas as a band, I like them. Everything else is spot on).
DrPibbles  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigZ7337 wrote:
Wow, Harmonix fucked up the Don't Stop Believing drum chart bad, and the strange thing is they did it on purpose. I played this song over and over always randomly missing notes on a song that should have been an easy fc. (I even had a hissy fit, breaking my drumstick )

Though I had noticed it before, I didn't think about how the RB avatar was playing the whole time on the hi-hat with his left hand. The chart however, wanted you to play the whole thing on the green cymbal with your right hand while doing a bunch of random hits with your left hand. So after giving up, I decided to play it how it's supposed to be played by turning on lefty-flip. First time through I had an easy fc with no problems, WTF!?

I know exactly where you are coming from, but think about it from a charting standard. If you charted everything as it were to be played regularly, you would have yellow for the hi-hat, green and blue for the toms, and you would have to cross over or move for the snare. And doing the ride would require you to overlap as well. It's pretty much the opposite of making the hi-hat red on a roll, they made it green on a constant. Message in a Bottle did the same thing, sort've. They used blue for the closed hi-hat, and green for the open, when it is originally yellow and blue respectively. I agree that it would've been fun to play it like the original drummer, but you can only do so much with four pads that are positioned so many ways.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what the hell took so long for RB to give us DSB, but thank god they finally did. And more importantly, thank god I has enough MS Points to buy it. Sorry Offspring, I'll have to buy more of you later...
AppleTrak  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drewbles wrote:
OMG. Finally! Thank You HMX! Don't Stop Believing <3

Im planning on getting this before the week is up! So excited!

I want the Vox FC.

First post here.

FC'd Don't Stop Believing on vox a slew of times last night. Was at 53 on the battle, last I checked, but it was very active last night.
AppleTrak  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrPibbles wrote:
I know exactly where you are coming from, but think about it from a charting standard. If you charted everything as it were to be played regularly, you would have yellow for the hi-hat, green and blue for the toms, and you would have to cross over or move for the snare. And doing the ride would require you to overlap as well. It's pretty much the opposite of making the hi-hat red on a roll, they made it green on a constant. Message in a Bottle did the same thing, sort've. They used blue for the closed hi-hat, and green for the open, when it is originally yellow and blue respectively. I agree that it would've been fun to play it like the original drummer, but you can only do so much with four pads that are positioned so many ways.

2nd post here. That's a bummer for those rocking the ION's, or custom Roland (or other) kits. As we all have yellow mapped to an actual hi-hat. Songs that are charted this way are brutal for real world non-RB drummers, as our brains are hard wired for hi-hat in the hi-hat location, and we will cross over as needed.

Oh well, at least the vocals are spot on.
HydrusTheDragon  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? Spongebob DLC?!? How'd that slide through?

At least some Journey was released.

Last edited by HydrusTheDragon on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
xXxCthi3L93xXx  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why is spongebob not free?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxCthi3L93xXx wrote:
why is spongebob not free?

Why should those songs be free?

and to the poster above that, Texas Flood is already out

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
GTAkevin96  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol spongebob!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: GTAkevin96
kniGhToFdEaTh  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG Dont stop believing!!!!!!!!!
and spongebob should of had the campfire song song

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's Gary is surprisingly amazing on drums.

The outro leaves me feeling like it's some epic metal song - does anyone else get that when they play the song? I love those little breaks with the constant Snare + Bass + Green Crash that are spaced apart strangely. The outro throws those weird, slower-than-normal sections at you every now and then before returning you to the ride cymbal beat, and sprinkles in very satisfying tom rolls in between.

It's so funny how awesomely hard and fun this song is on drums. You've got a loud, obnoxious, cute voice blaring out of the TV screen, and meanwhile you're dealing with tom rolls and difficult snare fills and hearing a bizarre, sweet guitar solo. Lol.

The week is excellent on drums. I got everything but the Glasvegas song. Looks terribly boring. I like the song but I can't justify buying a song JUST for the sound unless it sounds ungodly good... like Feed The Tree or The Joker. Geraldine doesn't make me feel the same way. Same reason I didn't get a song like Losing My Religion - good tune, but not good enough to justify that dull chart.

The other songs though are just awesome. I'd say Heartbreaker, C'mon C'mon, and Where's Gary are must-buys for ALL drummers.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: LordOdadjian
iJosh  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When exactly is the PSN updated? I'm getting this on a PS3 when I'm used to an Xbox, and I can't find any of this sweet, sweet new DLC yet.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iJosh wrote:
When exactly is the PSN updated? I'm getting this on a PS3 when I'm used to an Xbox, and I can't find any of this sweet, sweet new DLC yet.
Later today, usually around 6pm eastern time or thereabouts.
SoulkeeperX  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spongebob was an okay idea, but they should've put in Goofy Goober!!! That solo is -suprisingly- EPIC!!!
richjohnny  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b08smith wrote:
Think I'll pass on the spongebob, just not sure I'll play them more than once.

I'm so happy Glassvegas made it into RB, may not have the most interesting charts but such a great band - hopefully this will introduce a few more people to their music.

Good mix of songs all round

Are you sure?

Where's Gary is quite challenging on Drums. Nay, BRUTAL on drums. I got a vid of me playing it uploading.

And they should have put in "Down Down Down" by The Birdbrains

Its in the Spongebob Episode where he throws a party cLassic.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Big JAG 2004 PSN Name: BigJAG2004 Wii Friend Code: 2005404297973581 ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: