FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
3/31 DLC - Journey, Pat Benatar, SpongeBob, more + Wii
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Koenn  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigZ7337 wrote:
Wow, Harmonix fucked up the Don't Stop Believing drum chart bad, and the strange thing is they did it on purpose. I played this song over and over always randomly missing notes on a song that should have been an easy fc. (I even had a hissy fit, breaking my drumstick )

Though I had noticed it before, I didn't think about how the RB avatar was playing the whole time on the hi-hat with his left hand. The chart however, wanted you to play the whole thing on the green cymbal with your right hand while doing a bunch of random hits with your left hand. So after giving up, I decided to play it how it's supposed to be played by turning on lefty-flip. First time through I had an easy fc with no problems, WTF!?

The chart isn't messed up, it's charted in the same way as AJFA where the snare and toms are mapped to red, yellow, and blue and the hi-hat is mapped to green. It'd be too awkward to play if the hi-hat was mapped to yellow; you'd have to hit red, blue, and green pads during a constant stream of yellow hits.

DLed DSB and the Spongebob pack per my sister's request so far, actually failed DSB the first time through on guitar at the beginning with the ascending GRYB notes, but got it on the 2nd try.

Spongebob stuff is all pretty short, they're all at least decently fun on drums and I Can't Keep My Eyes Off You is hilarious. Eh, they're a dollar.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: k0enn
CraZy  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koenn wrote:
BigZ7337 wrote:
Wow, Harmonix fucked up the Don't Stop Believing drum chart bad, and the strange thing is they did it on purpose. I played this song over and over always randomly missing notes on a song that should have been an easy fc. (I even had a hissy fit, breaking my drumstick )

Though I had noticed it before, I didn't think about how the RB avatar was playing the whole time on the hi-hat with his left hand. The chart however, wanted you to play the whole thing on the green cymbal with your right hand while doing a bunch of random hits with your left hand. So after giving up, I decided to play it how it's supposed to be played by turning on lefty-flip. First time through I had an easy fc with no problems, WTF!?

The chart isn't messed up, it's charted in the same way as AJFA where the snare and toms are mapped to red, yellow, and blue and the hi-hat is mapped to green. It'd be too awkward to play if the hi-hat was mapped to yellow; you'd have to hit red, blue, and green pads during a constant stream of yellow hits.

DLed DSB and the Spongebob pack per my sister's request so far, actually failed DSB the first time through on guitar at the beginning with the ascending GRYB notes, but got it on the 2nd try.

Spongebob stuff is all pretty short, they're all at least decently fun on drums and I Can't Keep My Eyes Off You is hilarious. Eh, they're a dollar.

the AJFA chart is charted correctly. but that's beacuse lars plays a second hi-hat, with his right hand. whereas, in DSB (i havent seen it played, but have seen the chart) BigZ is saying that the hi-hat should be played with the left hand.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: p34nUt 13188
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CraZy wrote:
the AJFA chart is charted correctly. but that's beacuse lars plays a second hi-hat, with his right hand. whereas, in DSB (i havent seen it played, but have seen the chart) BigZ is saying that the hi-hat should be played with the left hand.

HMX pretty much only charts hi-hat with red when it's a sixteenth roll. I doubt that this song is played "in real life" with the left hand exclusively on the hi-hat. Any song that uses two toms will map hi-hat to green.
BenniWells  

Location: Lincoln, UK ~ Where farming epidemics always hit the front page

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GLASVEGAS!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

As much as I love the band, they do not belong on this game, I'm glad it's just a stand alone song and not a song pack because there would be a whole load of BAWWW in this thread.

Also, Journey? Hell yeah! Thanks to Family Guy I've now got the urge to sing along to this whenever it plays, and now I can recreate those moments on Rock Band, I love life.

My Wiki: Open for anybody to edit, go ahead and write anything!
......................\/
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 150443735976
ravagetalon  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drewbles wrote:
OMG. Finally! Thank You HMX! Don't Stop Believing <3

Im planning on getting this before the week is up! So excited!

I want the Vox FC.

I already FC'd the vox so :PPP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenniWells wrote:

As much as I love the band, they do not belong on this game, I'm glad it's just a stand alone song and not a song pack because there would be a whole load of BAWWW in this thread.

Tier 1 across the board makes me think that the song probably won't be very popular on ScoreHero (or Xbox Live)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Perfidious Sinn Wii Friend Code: 7718621967747715
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score tracking is now up.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CraZy wrote:
Koenn wrote:
BigZ7337 wrote:

It doesn't need to be left hand, but you'd have to cross arms to hit the toms while hi-hatting.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spongebob!......FTL, seriously wtf

everything else is epic.

Photobucket
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: XsnomanX PSN Name: Trueshadow000
inoobnomoar  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nollaig wrote:
inoobnomoar wrote:
There we go! I was wondering when the announcement would be up. I was freaking out this morning because I didn't know what the new DLC was.

P.S. SPONGEBOB?!?!?!?!

You do know DLC is announced on Fridays?

Not on scorehero.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inoobnomoar wrote:
Nollaig wrote:
inoobnomoar wrote:
There we go! I was wondering when the announcement would be up. I was freaking out this morning because I didn't know what the new DLC was.

P.S. SPONGEBOB?!?!?!?!

You do know DLC is announced on Fridays?

Not on scorehero.

actually it IS announced every friday on scorehero. Check the General RB chat section.
FlamingHomer  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's about time they had some Spongebob, and more Journey
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this week isn't bad, Spongebob is meh, thank god it's a joke. Journey is awesome.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
Abomstar  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenniWells wrote:

I know what you mean. There are a lot of songs that I would personally enjoy in RB despite not being at all "fun" to play, but it wouldn't even be worth it to have in the game knowing that it would be out of context and bashed/hated by 99% of people for not having interesting enough charts. Certain Doolittle songs give me that impression, Silver especially. It irks me so much when people trash that song. Like, yeah, it's out of place in a rhythm game and wholly insignificant on its own, but it's still part of a cohesive work. The artists didn't write their song to have some moron, who otherwise would never have even discovered it, post "epic fail" on YouTube, because it "needs moar notes", and then go on assuming the band is worthless for that reason alone.

I'm not particularly a fan of Glasvegas, but from what I can tell their songs are characterized a lot by mood and the shoegazey guitar textures, and in Rock Band there isn't much room for that sort of thing to resonate, and the charts make the music seem a lot more simplistic and boring than it actually is. Even if I were a fan, Geraldine would never be my go-to song on any instrument except perhaps vocals.
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberRaiza wrote:
Well this week isn't bad, Spongebob is meh, thank god it's a joke. Journey is awesome.

What do you mean, Spongebob is a joke? If you mean it's not real, well... it is. If you just mean the songs are humorous and not meant to be taken seriously, then of course.

And they do look legitimately fun to play on drums and hilarious to sing conceptually. The karate noises during the solo of Can't Keep My Eyes Off You are excellent.

They're not for everyone, of course, but these seem to be much better, both in terms of gameplay and general appeal, than the previous Nick songs. Considering I have younger siblings and they're half price, there's a good chance I'll pick them up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: