FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
3/24 Full Album DLC - Pearl Jam's Ten + 12 Wii Tracks!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Addakus  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About time.

I'm downloading the album now since I didn't have a chance to download it before I had classes; but from what I've seen so far it's worth the wait: Pearl Jam is FTW.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The three bonus tracks are now added as well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, for those of you who bought the CD, is the remaster an improvement? One review I read described it as "leaner and more muscular" which is usually a chicken shit way of saying way too loud.

Last edited by 005 on Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Adohu  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I enjoyed the Pearl Jam songs on Guitar Hero/Rock Band released before Ten, but I never really felt the need to get into them. The only other song by them I've heard is Jeremy, which I've had an undying love for since my first listen. but other than that, nothing. And then this album came out. I wasn't expecting a whole lot on guitar or drums, and I felt like "Why not just get the whole thing?", so I bought it.

This went miles above and beyond my expectations. This is, by a long shot, my favorite DLC to ever come out in a rhythm game - hell, my favorite DLC to ever come out in any game. Not only did I have fun with every single guitar and drum song in the album (yes, even Master/Slave, I loved it), but every song was a masterpiece. I enjoyed every second of what I played (other than the last second of Jeremy on drums, i choked 5 notes from the end ). I was really surprised by the charts, too.

The guitar charts that stood out for me were Black, Garden, and Why Go. Black has a long and fairly simple solo, but it's incredible. Garden has a strum + Ho/po riff throughout most of the song, along with two excellent solos. Why Go is probably one of my least favorite songs on the album, but the guitar chart is superb. The riff is really fun, and the solo. That solo is pretty tough. It seems like a faster version of GGaHT zig-zags except a lot shorter. Then the SRV Testify-esque strum part comes at the end and I'm assuming that's the hardest part for most people (at least, it is for me). Sure, it's not an incredibly hard solo, but it's decently tough.

Drums had some really unique beats, and really simple beats. The songs that stood out the most on drums for me are Once, Master/Slave, and Porch. Once has some slow, yet fun rolls at the end of the song. Master/Slave is just awesome on drums, with around 300 notes. So many sounds on 4 pads... But yeah, it was extremely easy, but also really fun. Porch is the hardest of all the songs (still not that tough, though), and starts off with some high-hat rolls and goes to a quick beat, and then it's pretty easy from then on, with rolls every now and then.

I never expected to like this DLC so much, but i'm in love with it. In fact, I wasn't even planning on getting the exclusive DLC, but now that I know how much i love the album, I just might buy it. Anyone who is on the fence about this album, get it. Get it now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: adohuu
Chucklestyle  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could everyone please stop talking about how awesome this DLC is while my roommate is using the xbox360 to watch fucking Underworld?

I think I need to get them to change their movie night just so I can play new DLC unhindered.

tl;dr: I can't play it yet BAWWWWW

edit: just watched corporalgregg's vid for "Porch" and the remaster sounds amazing.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Chucklestyle
MasterAce  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pearl Jam is one of those bands where I've listened to the majority of their catalog but never bought anything. One of my friends is a huge Pearl Jam fan, so he's been trying to convince me to buy Ten in RB all day.

If I had some money I'd buy it right now. Based on the chart previews I've seen (and the nigh-perfect reviews on RBDLC.com), this is an all-around great album for every instrument. Hopefully I win that contest that no one else knows about so I'm the only one that's entering...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Perfidious Sinn Wii Friend Code: 7718621967747715
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What songs are the best of this album? Mostly chart wise and difficulty. I could care less for Pearl Jam, but if the charts are entertaining or somewhat challenging at least in playing, I might grab a couple.
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
What songs are the best of this album? Mostly chart wise and difficulty. I could care less for Pearl Jam, but if the charts are entertaining or somewhat challenging at least in playing, I might grab a couple.

I haven't played any of them yet, but rbdlc.com is good for this stuff. Even Flow, Porce, Once, Jeremy, and Why Go are the big hits overall, with Black guitar and Deep drums also being pretty popular.

Nothing higher than tier 4 (on a 0-6 scale, rbdlc uses 1-7) on any instrument, but Why Go Home's guitar solo is pretty tricky. Overall, it seems like the songs are more fun for being varied and interesting (and with lots of HOPOs and very long guitar solos) than challenging.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I might grab Why Go, but Even Flow is a big negative. Played that to death on GH3 and way tired of it, especially when I don't care for the song. Everything looks okay at best, but since I don't like Pearl Jam, I can't see myself getting any more.
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm uploading xdrum charts of all the song to Youtube right now. However, my epic fail on Why Go won't make it up tonight since I can only upload 10 at a time.

I'm going to leave them uploading overnight. Not sure when they'll be up, but when they are, you'll be able to find them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/GurnKiller

Enjoy!

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:
OMG it's called scorehero not shitty argument hero.

Author for RockGamer Studios
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
Carungi  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master/Slave can't be gold starred on bass. Not with my score of 94K anyway...

Whole pack is a blast and just begging for full band play. Great buy.
RockerChick  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'm not a huge Pearl Jam fan, I did download Even Flow and it was very fun on all instruments. After looking at some of the vids, it seems Harmonix really hit this one out of the park chart-wise.
MasterFlarg  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: sweetness Reply with quote

Album is truly great love me some pearl jam. I believe it was Garden that has an awesome second solo which I got to sightread fc. I'm new to score hero btw just mostly been fcing and gs'ing songs on rock band i'll put some of my scores up soon.
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xdrum charts:

Black
Deep
Even Flow FC
Garden
Jeremy FC
Master/Slave FC
Oceans FC
Once FC
Porch
Release FC
Why Go choke

There were all either sightreads or my 2nd or 3rd run through each of these, so sorry if I missed some easy stuff.

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:
OMG it's called scorehero not shitty argument hero.

Author for RockGamer Studios
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
Sounnga  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hh

Last edited by Sounnga on Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Sounnga PSN Name: Sounnga Wii Friend Code: 071658181750
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: