FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Gold Star Cutoffs for Vocals
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[EDIT] Bah. My "cunning plan" has failed.
I was hoping we could determine the 5* cutoff values on EASY, multiply by about 7.5 (x5 for the difference in points between Easy and Expert, x1.5 for the approximate Gold Stars cutoff from a 5* Expert score) and get some easy, decent estimates.

However, the "Cowbell Factor" destroys that, becasue Cowbell/Tamborine hits are worth the exact same points and bonus on Easy or on Expert, so they can't be multiplied that way.

This isn't a minor factor, either - on a song like Maps with its 89 Cowbell Hits, if you take the Easy 5* value and multiply by 5, instead of getting the Expert 5* value, you end up with a score that's HIGHER than the GOLD STAR cutoff!

So either I learn to sing, or I can't help this project on any song that has even one hit of a Cowbell in it. BLEAH.

I'll crunch some numbers, but it doesn't look promising. The main reason I'll do it is so someone can ask me what I'm doing during my break at work and I can tell them "I'm trying to calculate the Cowbell Factor! What does it LOOK like I'm doing?!?"
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 5* cutoff for Blitzkrieg Bop is between 86,224 and 86,252.

And I FINALLY managed to 5GS it and get the Flawless Singing achievement. But is it just me, or does the song "auto-fill" the last half of the circle on the last talking parts?!? That makes it IMPOSSIBLE to blow the final ho (er, if you'll pardon the expression) to narrow down the cutoff!

5GS are confirmed NOT at 128,508 and confirmed at 132,960. (This is the "first chime," when you actually get credit. They don't change color until the next point increase, the "second chime," which was 136,960 for me.)

Someone on the site has 5GS listed at 131,812. Using that, the lowest possible multiplier is 5* x 1.490, and the highest is 5* x 1.5287.

I'm guessing it might end up being the same 1.5195 that Guitar and Bass share. Either way, for any song without a Gold Star cutoff, an accurate 5* cutoff x 1.52 should give you a close score. Although you'll probably have to "TIMMAY!" stutter and sing half-phrases near that point to make sure you don't end up 7,000+ points PAST the 5* cutoff when you get the fifth star due to 8x multiplier action.
deathbypig  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st place in the world on When You Were Young vocals on 360...I'm guessing I'm the only one who's gold starred it....anywho, I heard the noise right when I hit 160k, so I'm pretty damn sure that's it.
pvtGramps  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death by Pig-- I think that's about right. I believe in another thread (We really need to get one or the other stickied) I listed a 5* When You Were Young at 113k, so that number would be right on the money.
powahouse  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe. trying to calculate the cowbell factor. awesome.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: P0WAH0USE
deathbypig  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathbypig wrote:
1st place in the world on When You Were Young vocals on 360...I'm guessing I'm the only one who's gold starred it....anywho, I heard the noise right when I hit 160k, so I'm pretty damn sure that's it.

What the hell? Why hasn't this been updated...? The cutuff I am damn sure is 160k That's when I heard the *ding* when I already had 5 stars on When You Were Young. Please updae. Thanks.

And the Enter Sandman cutoff is still wrong, and I posted the score of 184k working a month ago. Thread needs revving. You know who I'm talking to. ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: