FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Something Shameless The Beatles cheat
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mastacraker  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Something Shameless The Beatles cheat Reply with quote

Yes we recorded harmonies.
We won't do it again.
No Not-Legit scores are posted.
The Rules about Harmonies are explained again in this thread

Last edited by Mastacraker on Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:40 am; edited 36 times in total
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mastacraker
r0bd0g  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found out that these guys were prerecording themselves singing some of the harmonies. Iggy confirmed this himself in our band's chatbox.

You know at first, it was disheartening. We put a lot of effort into a Taxman FBFC, literally took us days, and then you come in, half-ass your way through the song with full harmonies and beat us by a landslide. But you know what, it my be disheartening, but at least I could respect that you were beating us fair and square.

But now I find out that you're sometimes prerecording the vocals? I have absolutely zero respect for cheaters; your accomplishments are essentially meaningless.

When will you be making the next logical step and prerecording the whole FB, using prerecorded vocals for the vocals and bots for the rest of the instruments? Maybe you should starting using emulators and TASing in order to get some FB optimals.

None of you are welcome at our chatbox.
dudextr  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r0bd0g wrote:
I just found out that these guys were prerecording themselves singing some of the harmonies. Iggy confirmed this himself in our band's chatbox.

Always had a crazy suspicion, this just confirms it. r0bd0g, do you have any explicit proof that we of Scorehero could possibly see?

Edit: Made you guys (if you did cheat) some banners:

Feel free to use this one:

Code:
[img]http://a.imageshack.us/img837/2839/cheatere.png[/img]

Please note that I never explicitly said you cheated, but if you did, have fun with your new bannners. I also carefully worded this so that I never broke any rules, therefore I can get no punishment.

Thanks for the fun times Scorehero, I will never forget you.

Last edited by dudextr on Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Stuff24
Iggy-Sparks  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks but you forgot your banner

"I'm a bad loser and can't deal with it" banner

Recorded harmonies are not considered as cheating.

I know all the harmonies for each song, I recorded all by myself, but I can't make two other Iggy-sparks, so that's why I did my own harmonies.

Actually a lot of people did that to get the achievement, it's just that I use them on expert since they are more precise than the ones you can find on the internet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McDuboff
Mastacraker  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r0bd0g wrote:

You know at first, it was disheartening. We put a lot of effort into a Taxman FBFC, literally took us days, and then you come in, half-ass your way through the song with full harmonies and beat us by a landslide. But you know what, it my be disheartening, but at least I could respect that you were beating us fair and square.

But now I find out that you're sometimes prerecording the vocals? I have absolutely zero respect for cheaters; your accomplishments are essentially meaningless.

When will you be making the next logical step and prerecording the whole FB, using prerecorded vocals for the vocals and bots for the rest of the instruments? Maybe you should starting using emulators and TASing in order to get some FB optimals.

Excuse me? You are using self also the harmonie activations. But you don't have a harmonie singer. That we found away in the system what you can also do with squeezing (hitting late and early) you can consider that also as cheating. Stil people sang the harmonies its no computer only pure voice.

And since I don't live close to him we can't sing together otherwise we should have done that all ready. And done it as i should be done.

Third thing about Taxman we tried it only twice first go we messed up on the path but it was a FBFC and didn't you use harmonies on that asswel. As on Maxwell silver hammer twist and shout.

Dude if you wanna throw mud throw it at me. I can be hated but I'm loved at home.

Thats why we compete in the harmonie section of scorehero and not solo vocal. So were not cheating in that part :P

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mastacraker
Mastacraker  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r0bd0g wrote:

Excuse me? You are using self also the harmonie activations. But you don't have a harmonie singer. That we found away in the system what you can also do with squeezing (hitting late and early) you can consider that also as cheating. Stil people sang the harmonies its no computer only pure voice.

And since I don't live close to him we can't sing together otherwise we should have done that all ready. And done it as i should be done.

Third thing about Taxman we tried it only twice first go we messed up on the path but it was a FBFC and didn't you use harmonies on that asswel. As on Maxwell silver hammer twist and shout.

Dude if you wanna throw mud throw it at me. I can be hated but I'm loved at home.

Thats why we compete in the harmonie section of scorehero and not solo vocal. So were not cheating in that part :P

Iggy-Sparks  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to add that learning all the harmonies, it's like I learned 44 songs AGAIN, and TWO TIMES, and then you say, we didnt try hard to get Taxman ?

One day, our band are gonna meat up for real... then we can do real triple harmonies, but for the moment, online harmonies doesnt exist, if it did, it would have been long time since we used it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McDuboff
Mastacraker  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Another cheater gets cought then Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoSFTyypyYA

Xplat with harmonies? If you did it with Solo vocals you can say some but no sorry I don't eat it

arvain  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, i'm not exactly sure what's considered to be cheating here (cause i don't have TB:RB and i had to ask how it exactly worked)....

What i know is that it's extremely mature to go and flame on people and create offensive banners FIRST, before even asking something like "hey guys, did you record yourself before ? not so fair" or something like that

From experience, i know Iggy ain't no cheater. He 1) is an excellent pather (we sortof went through the whole rb2 vox-tar setlist), 2) wouldn't mind discussing something that you consider not being fair.

Also, i have two questions :

- What's cheating ? Having your OWN VOICE fcing stuff for the harmonies parts when yourself are singing the main voice ? Well, if you want to play both parts, you sure can't divide yourself and sing two different parts at the same time. It's not as if you're asking someone else, it's your own voice. Get over it, it's not even CLOSE to playing the gh vox freeforms with a keyboard or anything.

- Isn't there a different leaderboard on SH for full band with 1 singer, and full band with harmonies ? And if you're talking about the xbl leaderboards... -_____________- then fail, there's like NOTHING justifying such a bad flaming.

Iggy, mastacracker, good job on taking time to path the hell out of everything, and... looking forward to seeing Iggy able to sing two different songs at the same time !! :facepalm:

Note : WHY ON EARTH would i go crying and insulting people playing on a WT drumkit for beating my career score on the xbl (especially if i were playing wii u_u) on ghWT, when i already know that they can have more points on the orange cymbals and accent notes ?? That's.... meaningless, i'd just be -an attention whore, -a bad loser, - STUPID !!

EDIT : btw, insulting and flaming and going all "baw cheaterz you'll be hated and banned" is 1) the dumbest thing to do (especially on SH) when you're angry to have your scores beaten (OMG, someone beats my score because they play with harmonies and i don't, that's SO WEIRD...), 2) completely out of place, since xbl and cwf (or whatever the wii equivalent is) doesn't seem like something to discuss on SH, let alone on someone else's acc thread !
Mastacraker  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or using A World Tour guitar so they have their back button. Or double bass pedals so they can kick better and quicker. Even some singers use a wistle to activate. Everybody has his tricks. We wanted to try the game out in Full Harmonies mode and we did.

I thought scorehero was about getting the best scores. And let people show it. Thats what we did, but how we did maybe not fair to everybody. But you can do it yourself too If you are so dying to get Xplat scores. Do it then too.

I will remove the scores that are done with harmonies of us. The ones that are done with real harmonies will off course stay on. As in All you need is love and I wanna be your man

But I will keep this threat that everybody has acces to our paths we made, because we know we help alot of people with our video's.

dudextr  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvain wrote:
What i know is that it's extremely mature to go and flame on people.

I never actually flamed anybody, so try and comprehend the writing in my posts better, okay? Good. Anyways, I'll try and be the mature one here:

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=578681#578681

Just one more thing:

arvain wrote:
1) the dumbest thing to do (especially on SH) when you're angry to have your scores beaten (OMG, someone beats my score because they play with harmonies and i don't, that's SO WEIRD...)

I really couldn't give a fuck if someone beats my score. For example, I FC'd Ride the Lightning guitar and am 20k off first. Do you think I care about that? Hell no, I know I'm never going to beat the top players. But do I care that I got the FC? Yes, that was what was important to me. Would I liked to have received a higher score? Yes, but I'm too bad to do anything about it. I also know how harmonies work, it's not 'weird' how they beat my scores, and I couldn't care less if they do beat every last one.

Now we don't have to discuss this in this thread any longer, Mastacraker, continue on with your impressive accomplishments.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Stuff24
Iggy-Sparks  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is just a difference of opinion.

Our goal was to get the best score we could get.
I didnt think that recording my own voice would be considered as cheating since it's still me singing and not a robot voice.

Of course it's easier cause you don't need three persons to do it, but everybody hasn't got two vocalists friends that are ready to put so much effort in a game.

We won't submit any of our score that are done with pre-recorded harmonies on Scorehero, but on the leaderboards, they are here so we can't do so much about that.

We will certainly go for solo vocals on full band later because we also would like to be able to submit our scores on Scorehero.

I am sorry to have started this thing, my intentions were not bad. Since I knew nobody that would want to sing harmonies for scoring, I decided to do them myself.

Unfortunately, I can't make two voices at the same time, and no online system exist for the moment for harmonies.

I would like to apologize if this is frustrating for the other bands, just don't count us in your competition because it's like comparing a 3 players band with a full band.

And please, the wii players from the other band, stop accusing us of stealing your paths, stop post stupid comments on our video about how much better your band is.
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, I think it's good that you guys are not entering your scores with recorded harmonies on SH. Thank you from all of us for the consideration and integrity.

As for the XBL Leaderboards, whether anyone likes it or not, it's accepted. There are MANY people who have done pre-recorded harmony vocals only scores. While those of us who actually have to work through doing them simultaneously with another person (or persons) may not like it, that's just the way it is and there's absolutely nothing that can be done about it. This is essentially no different. What really matters in this world of screwed up leaderboards are the scores HERE, on SH.

Also, this is from the Vocals Harmonies Discussion Thread and should clear up any confusion over what is officially acceptable on Scorehero:

PhatTrumpet wrote:
Recording oneself and playing it back into the microphone is not allowed in any shape or form, be it for vocals harmonies, voxtar, or anything else. Being able to duplicate a 100% run (that may have taken several tries) at the press of a button removes much of the performance aspect that's such a big part of the game.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dudextr wrote:
Anyways, I'll try and be the mature one here:

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=578681#578681

Ok fine, if it's already accepted on SH as being cheating, then ok you're right, scores need to be removed. I was more upset by the drama that you made it sound like, and that post you made instead of just saying it wasn't allowed / fair etc etc to be honest. (and i'm not english, so i can miss things, but for me, flaming = writing insulting posts, so yeah =/)

But now that the scores were removed, back to competition.

Speaking of that Iggy, you need to get rb2 again some day...
dudextr  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvain wrote:
Ok fine, if it's already accepted on SH as being cheating, then ok you're right, scores need to be removed. I was more upset by the drama that you made it sound like, and that post you made instead of just saying it wasn't allowed / fair etc etc to be honest. (and i'm not english, so i can miss things, but for me, flaming = writing insulting posts, so yeah =/)

Sorry for being an idiot in this thread, I gave you an apology in your accomplishments thread.

Also, keep going at the prerecorded harmony FBFCs. As long as you don't post them as scores on SH (feel free to post them in a thread), congratulations to you, that's pretty impressive.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: