FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
3/10 DLC - REM, Offspring, R. Thompson + 14 Wii Tracks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigSnatch  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I GS'd the Richard Thompson song on sightread (X guitar) but damn did I like it. Such a haunting song that I'm sure I'll play it again and again. Very cool addition!
Well, no, not really. See, with the banana, you have the choice to eat it soon after buying it, avoiding the rotting situation and enjoying some tasty food while it's fresh. The situation with Bat Country, on the other hand, is venting over an inevitability. It's more like "Death, taxes, and 12-year-olds overplaying Avenged Sevenfold songs online."
peteisftw  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot for the Wii getting Blackened and Ride the Lightning! Finally getting the good Metallica songs from the old DLC set
50+ Gold Starred Songs
20+ FC's.
80+ 5 Starred Songs on Setlist
RB2 Wii Code: 479680046121
Seb  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xredsox1983 wrote:
OMG!! finally!!! the kids aren't alright is by far the best offspring song..this is fucking great!!!!

YEYSYEYS!!O! TXIAHD
XxbluedevilzxX  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol All i want drum video. I havent listened to this song in ages. I still love it :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6MFq_ebC4I

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woohoo!!!!!

i love the offspring, and have ever since crazy taxi.

losing my religion, i think this song sucks.

and the richard thompson song, it may be good on guitar, but come on that song is so boring.

and i am pissed off that the Wii didnt get the offspring. we did get good songs though... ride the lightning.

and kool thing! i didnt know that song was even released on the xbox. i like that song... but it got beaten to death by GH3.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxxxers wrote:
woohoo!!!!!

i love the offspring, and have ever since crazy taxi.

losing my religion, i think this song sucks.

and the richard thompson song, it may be good on guitar, but come on that song is so boring.

and i am pissed off that the Wii didnt get the offspring. we did get good songs though... ride the lightning.

and kool thing! i didnt know that song was even released on the xbox. i like that song... but it got beaten to death by GH3.

it may have been beaten to death on GH3, but one run through on expert drums and you'll fall in love all over again. Or pass out. Either one is good.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this week was pretty good at first. Losing My Religion, All I Want and The Kids Aren't Alright.

But once again, a song I never heard of before took the crown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qZ6q5HDvbs

Such a...haunting vocal line, a beautiful guitar line and the perfect backing from the other instruments.

And THEN the solo kicked in.

My plan this friday was, if there was nothing I wanted to get, t download The RB Export Key, Peace Sells, Texas Flood (Song), the Offspring Pack, and the other 3 Offspring songs (Hammerhead, All I Want, The Kids Aren't Alright).

That plan may change.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff on the Wii. I really enjoyed the Neko Case song. I think it's my new warmup song. Nothing tough , but it gets the fingers moving around, which works for me. Plus it's a damn good song. I'll probably get the rest of the alt-country stuff too. Just wtf IS alt-country? Dunno, but it beats the radio shit that EVERYONE here likes.

I like Kool Thing's guitar chart more than the GH3 version. It's just as awkward in places, but overall more fun.

The Metallica songs are good too. I love Ride The Lightning, but it'll be a while before I pass solo F with any consistency. I knew of Blackened's solo A (?) but was still shocked to see it.

Great week. Still have more to check out/buy too.

EDIT: Also, why were only the alt-country songs in the "new releases" section of the store? I almost thought that was all we had. :/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote, the next Wii DLC should be the Rising Force album...
Just saying.

Either that or the Roadrunner and Earache packs.

Amazing with Blackened and Ride The Lightning.
=D
I'm downloading them right now.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week to me is good songs to listen to, not so good songs on guitar to play. I might pick up The Kids Aren't Alright though because The Offspring are just amazing.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: wii dlc Reply with quote

This week's pretty much all maybes for me. Losing My Religion's a good song (it's been stuck in my head all day since I watched the videos to see the charts this morning), but it doesn't look like much fun on any instrument, and I don't like the song enough to buy it without liking the charts. The Way That It Shows looks really fun in the second half, but I'm not sure if it looks fun enough to be worth sitting through the first half every time. I'll probably set it aside as something I can download later if I hit a DLC drought.

All I Want is the only thing I'm thinking of downloading right now, because the drums look like they could be fun, and would definitely be a nice way to put my new Rock Pedal to work. I only just bought Sorrow though, so maybe I'll play that more instead for now.

freedomguitarist wrote:
realease some fast metal bands like system of a down, all that remains, devildriver, and aome hard songs for once on wi.

Release some hard songs for once on the Wii? Either you don't know anything about Blackened or Ride the Lightning, or your just throwing out generic complaints without even paying attention. Blackened and Ride the Lightning are both, in my opinion, harder on guitar than any of the songs by any of the bands that you mentioned. Joker and the Thief can be tough too. If you're a drummer, then they're still pretty tough, especially Blackened, and Kool Thing is also a good challenge on drums.

And if that's not enough, I'd suggest downloading Rude Mood and Testify from last week, which I assume you haven't done yet if you claim nothing challenging has been released on the Wii.
Jercurpac  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way that it shows is pure awesome. From it's the desperate vocals to the wailing guitar notes that fall like tears during the solo. I don't really do bass or drums though, so those might suck

Part of what's awesome about DLC isn't just the fact that you're more likely to find awesome songs that you've always wanted, you're also more likely to find awesome songs that you never would have know existed. Amazing obscure songs that make you forget all about the more mainstream DLC that gets released next to them. I'm definitely getting more Richard Thompson on my MP3 player when I get a chance.
augthebomb  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRAZY TAXI!!!!!

All I Want is INSANE on drums. It's tiered 5/6. WTF. I need a 360 for these reasons.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Kamen Islands
dps2002  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooooo...the Wii folks are going to have lots of fun with the Metallica tracks.

Between not getting any of the SRV DLC from last week and "Losing My Religion" this week, I may actually have to go DLC-shopping again. If I can find the time...damn this tax season bullshit...
apltj  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn the offspring and loosing my religion r sweet songs, cant wait to play them
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: