FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Mic clips that DON'T snap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Celeles  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Mic clips that DON'T snap Reply with quote

So, I learned the hard way a while back that the Rock Band mic is WAY too freakin' thick for your standard mic clip. Borrowed a friend's mic stand, tried jamming the mic into it, snapped right in half. Huzzah!

So I owed my friend a new clip. From then on, I always just duck taped the mic to any given mic stand. Now, I'm thinking about buying a mic stand myself, and was wondering if there was a way to get a thicker mic clip so I could actually just use a mic stand the way you're supposed to use one...without metric tons of tape. I tried searching for an extra-wide clip and similarly-named products on sites like musician's friend...got nothing.

Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll want something that's for "wireless" or "large scale" microphones

I have one of each of the following (I'm pretty sure... I'm not at home right now to verify) and each works fine.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/OnStage-Stands-MY330-Wireless-Shockmount-Mic-Clip?sku=452078

http://www.proaudio.com/product_info.php?cPath=140_285_324&products_id=6271

the "clamp" style should also work --- something like this:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Hercules-Stands-MH100B-Quick-N-EZ-Microphone-Clip-453073-i1142247.gc

I'll try to remember to check the actual sizes when I get home later tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, thanks for the help/suggestions. I actually think I'll go order the second clip you linked to. The butterfly-clip style one seems slightly awkward, and 15 bucks for that first clip = holy god damn bloody hell. O_o

Anyway, thanks again!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen a bunch of gamestops that have mic stands specifically marketed towards rock band/guitar hero. I can't tell you what kind I have off the top of my head.
Digitbig  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that stand and it works pretty well.

GHWT FC: 077483600002
RB2 FC: 312176618010
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: