FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tidus' TBRB XVox: New harmonies video up; my birthday! :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bisq  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job! You've really made a lot of improvement very quickly. I just had to comment because my last GS was also That's what you get so don't feel bad! I think it is just a song you need to practice/hear a enough times so you can learn where to breathe and learn the occasionally odd pitch movements.

It personally took me a long time because I don't like the song at all so I would avoid playing it at all costs. I still haven't bothered to learn it very well. But since you said you like the song just play it a few times and it will come.

also it makes me sad to hear everyone ripping on mountain song which is one of my favorite songs in the game...but I guess everybody has their own opinion eh?

Straight J.U.I.C.E. Accomplishments
My Twitter / My Facebook
All DLC for RB2 and TBRB and RBN (ps3)
arvain  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zzzzomg !! totally agree with all the previous posters !! "im playing easy cause i suck" ====> "almost FGGS" who sucks now ?!! also, glad to have helped on Pinball wizard ^^

That's what you get will be a nice last GS, it's really a hard song to sing, virtually every single phrase can be missed if you're not paying attention ! but hey, you see : the better you know the song, the closer you get to an fc (/me looks at Spoonman -1) so yeah, absolutely NO reason at all for you to miss a FGFC !! will take a little more time cause you won't be able to tell : screw this phrase, i got the GS anyway =P, but i'm sure it'll come very soon ! (and much sooner than you think ^^)

good luck !!
tidus  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I finally got it! First the replies, then the update (which is obvious, by the way )

Kristen - Thank you very much, especially for this stance tip! I tried "singing" the whole thing standing up, and felt that I started to last MUCH longer without taking a breath. And it worked like magic! By the way, what you said is pretty much one of the things which sapped my will to play this song. Hopefully, I won't take too long to FC later.

Lefty - Thanks! And I liked the last part of the post. It's really true. Bass for me would be another reality, even on RB1: Run to the Hills = serious business

Nbrazzx55 - Thanks! I also think it's been a very short time...if I stop sucking at One Way Or Another (best I could get was Okay, but got Weak at GS run), the FGFC is at hand...but I'm still not interested on trying it, there are many FC's I should've gotten at the FGGS journey.

Havikk - Yes, I don't know if it was just a fluke or whatever...as I said, I can dream with a FGFC if I shake OWOA outta my ass, and the same goes to Hard.

Wesker - Yeah...I thought it was something I could only get at my July break from uni and all...but I was wrooooOOOOoong...the FGFC will have its frustrating bits, it's normal. I say that from experience obtained at the GH side. But it'll coming for sure after an aforementioned condition is met.

Bisq - Hey there, be welcome! And thanks! I'm surprised to see another one whose last was That's What You Get. I really admit, I'm not a fan of Paramore, despite it's okay for me to listen to their stuff occasionally on the radios. But singing it is very awful for me, not just 'cause I'm a guy, but this is BY FAR my worst song in the game, physically. As for Mountain Song, I find it okay, but as you and the song said, "everyone has their own opinion".

Arvain - Thanks! Remember why I said that I suck previously...outburst, etc. That's What You Get and Nine in the Afternoon were the 2 final GS's, even with me listening to them often at the radios (mainstream music is really mainstream). But they were awful to me physically, and the pitch movements didn't help. As for Spoonman, I thought "screw the phrase" indeed. Despite I'm not interested on OWOA yet, I know that the FC of this song means the golden chance to get a FGFC.

In blue and italic, the explanations for letting That's What You Get as #84:

This 1st part has been ninja'd by woozerkristen, it's the matter of the song being hard more physically than technically. It's BY FAR my worst song in the game physically, as I have need to breath for around 6~7 occasions per run, playing while sitting down. Also, the environment problems such as having to hear massive whining about how I'm playing Rock Band 2 makes things even worse. During Nine in the Afternoon, I was forced into waiting for around 5~6 minutes 'til the vicinity of the room I play at gets empty and I get isolated. If I had this problem, let alone when I pick That's What You Get. It's a very girly song (for me at least), thus I didn't want to risk myself. So I haven't even touched this song on this Sunday, and the FGGS occured today. I do hope this explains why I haven't had will to touch this song at all of this time I spent for the FGGS. I'm not trying to mock this song, despite I'm not fan of Paramore, I find the song alright and all, just singing it that is a lost cause for me.

Well, time to display the big little shit!

As I said, thanks to Kristen for the tip on standing up. I last longer without taking a breath, and didn't had the dumb misses I was having before! Full-Game ! Mr. Green

Next goal: Full-Game Full-Combo! (if I manage to divide well the GH:Metallica time and the Rock Band 2 time...)

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
arvain  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heeeyy nice !! i knew it wouldn't be long til you get it !! having to play with such environment issues should be an achievement worth 50G !! "GS/FC the whole setlist with someone complaining that you sound awful"

ah well, good luck for the fc, and try OWoA with cdylan's method, it kinda works pretty well, and if you can get it, then as you said : great opportunity to get the fgfc !!
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew it wouldn't take long haha

GL on the FGFC
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CONGRATS!! I'm glad I could help.

And the part about having people around, I definitely understand. When I go home for break, I never do as well because I'm worried about bothering other people in the house with my singing. I do much better when I'm at home alone.

FGFC!!

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
ThePhoenix3  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inb4FGFC

Good job man, I've been watching your thread for a while now, seeing how far you'd get. If you can GS 84/84 songs, I KNOW you can FC all the songs. Good luck man

I also sorta need some motivation on vocals... we should see who can FC the game on vocals first (if I ever have time to work on it)

But still, good job and good luck

79/84 RB2 XDrums FCs! 1st ever Aesthetics of Hate FC and 1st ever Roadrunner Records Pack FC! Top 5 RB2 Drummer!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: The Phoenix3
Emptyeye  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! Awesome job! I told you Spoonman wasn't that bad (Although my constantly saying that inspired to just shut up about it and FC the stupid thing already. ), and apparently neither was anything else. That's a great Uncontrollable Urge in particular; my most recent run is still one of two songs on the disc with my lowest percentage (A 92%. The other song is, apparently, Let There Be Rock. ).

GogogoFGFC!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you're officially better than me on vocals. I can't even PASS Spoonman, let alone GS it. And yes, go for the FGFC; you were suppose to have it about a month ago. XD
sentimentalgeek  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH MY GOSH!! TIDUSSSSS!! This is absolutely amazing. Like many others already said, I can't believe how quickly you've made improvements, especially under such "conditions" as you must always deal with. It was only, what? *2 days ago* that you posted your breakdown of the final 10 GS's standing in your way (your list was hilarious by the way! XD )? And now they are all no more. Awesome too that TUIB came relatively early for you, and Spoonman before Nine in the Afternoon and TWYG is just epic - if you put your mind to it, I think we can expect a lot more FCs from you very quickly!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: SG Lammy
Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
Lefty - Thanks! And I liked the last part of the post. It's really true. Bass for me would be another reality, even on RB1: Run to the Hills = serious business

My LA learner say I gud at writing =P

Hooray for FGGS, and it didn't take you 4 months like me!

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
Nikki  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You GS'ed RB2 Vox already?? Too fast for me to comprehend @_@
wesker-kun  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on that FGFC! if it took you less thatn a month to GS the game...

then i'm sure you can FC it, after some time... then you'll learn to squeeze... and on and on... lol xD

so i hope you really enjoy playing this game on vocals... 'cos your RB career has just started!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the replies today, as I spent my free time trying to study how to be accurate with the methods to hit the broken talky on OWOA.

Arvain - Thanks! Yeah, there could be achievements like that lol, and a FGFC worth 100 GS, though Don't worry, I'll never be listening to those folks, I have an iron will

Cdylan13 - Thanks! I'll be training your method, it looks efficient.

Kristen - Thank you! Haha, I saw you mentioning, so I thought I would just try that. Playing a regular game standing feels awkward for me, as I never did it, and I played video-games for 10,5 years But when it goes to this diffenciated experience, it doesn't get so odd. Dealing with folks around really sucks, great to see that I'm not alone, that thing explains my terrible Mountain Song performance, as well as the lateness to GS it.

ThePhoenix3 - Thanks a bunch! It's a major honor to have attention of an awesomely talented drummer like you. I think you could do better than me on Vox *points at They're Red Hot and NIN OMBFC's* So if you get some time, you would deal with most of it with no problem.

Emptyeye - Thanks, and awesome job on your Spoonman FC! I had a pretty dumb miss, I'll FC it soon I think I can understand you about Let There Be Rock. I only got the last verse once, and I always miss on different spots, but my guess is that there are way too much high stuff. But, if you FC's Spooman, then you can fix your LTBR. As for Uncontrollable Urge, I just had to train the "Got class, got style, so strong..." part and the high-pitched "GOT an urge, GOT a surge...", and FC the song up to the final clusterfuck just to get GS on last phrase. As for FGFC, 72 more to go!

MrOmyA - Yeah but, you're waaay better than me at FCing songs. I think it was just the interest unique and exclusively for the FGGS, but I hope I can bring back my FC-whore instinct.

Erin - OH MY GOSH!! LAAAAAMY!! Great to see you back here! I also found the breakdown hilarious, as there was no Night Lies (a song I expected to kick my ass for long), Shackler's, Master Exploder (I couldn't do nothing on the crazy notes before), etc. As for FC's...it depends on the percentage, there are still some songs requiring massive treatment, especially the 95% runs.

Lefty - Thanks a lot!

Nikki - Yeah, too fast for me to comprehend as well, much faster than I expected

Wesker - Thank you! I assume you meant FGGS FC's will probably take longer than GS's, for the greater treatment required, but I'll do my best. As long as I can ignore the aforementioned environment conditions, the fun will keep being the same!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
jellyalv  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
Jellyalv - First I'll have the 84 GS's, then I'll try to estimate how long I'll take to FC the game.

So, how long do you will take, huh?

jellyGHThread|jellyRBThread
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jellyalv
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 7 of 39

Jump to: