FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tidus' TBRB XVox: New harmonies video up; my birthday! :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, folks!

Wooffus - Being IWBYM a short song, it made matters easier, despite the phrase length. I can't seem to stop complaining about that engine, because there are plenty of warbling in the game (maybe because of the many end wankeries), and while you can flail through them on RB3 (e.g. 2nd and 3rd verse-chorus transitions at 25 or 6 to 4), it seems to be more milimetric than any GH game. That's the root of all of those complaints.

Steady - It'll actually be a bit slow, but I'll try.

Fury - I agree with that. These songs are fun to both listen to and sing, but until the engine clicks on me, it'll be more frustrating than fun.

I nabbed a few FC's with yesterday and today's sessions, they were pretty short because of lack of batteries and...time. And I still owe the setlist pic for I Saw Her Standing There...in fact, I took one. But I was so hasty because of the dying batteries, that it came blurry.

I Feel Fine - Hey, looks like I just started having problems with harmonies in this game! But nothing really hard, verse-chorus-verse-chorus...but the last phrase might be SCARY. No choke though.
Boys - I had to skip my way through the Hey's. It's the first big offender that I met on this retiring engine, back when I got the game. Luckily, no chokes, and the fadeout(?) is cut off.
Back in the U.S.S.R. - Stupid to FC. 99% FC because of that "Oh" at the opening of 3rd verse. And stupid ending. I'd like to say that I dislike the 2nd-to-last phrase more than the last phrase. But vibrato + 2-octave downshift = remedy.
I Me Mine - This one was pretty easy, at least. I just had to remember that "Even those tears" ended on a lower note than the other phrases, so I could stop plinking.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Graf  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to see you back in the swing of things, especially on the R.B.S.H

Good luck on TB:RB, I know it's only a matter of time before you get a FGFC, but nonetheless, good luck

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, I had issues trying to re-FC "Back in the U.S.S.R." so I can understand how hard you might've found it the first time around. Not a bad plight through so far, so I bet at this rate you'd get at least the HGFC before the end of this weekend, if not Easter Sunday

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
tidus  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to the two of you!

Graf - Good to see you still supporting! Looks like you've been rocking your way through RB too, I'll need to check later.

Wooffus - With the progress I've been doing, the hope is for something better before this weekend. Looks like everything is coming along, though the engine isn't as much.

Two days that made something quite constructive. For now, I don't really care about the count, because I have to get the hardest out of my way - dramatic courses are FORBIDDEN in a game I had such a conflict with, mostly due to the retiring engine.

I Saw Her Standing There - Finally took a decent setlist pic. Well, it IS an FC and I remember it pretty well. One of my favorites in the game. Pretty tricky. After I figured out the high note, one choke on the 2nd-to-last phrase, then the FC.
Taxman - Bridge makes you run out of breath, last chorus seems to have a slight variation, and don't recall listening to that last phrase in my MP3.
I've Got A Feeling - I'm so happy to get this outta my way. What else could I say? After missing the 2nd-to-last phrase, and hitting the last, which is harder in my opinion, I got some will and somehow got the FC, albeit with worse score than on the previous run.
I'm Looking Through You - I can dedicate this song to two things. First: people who used to be friends in the past, and seems to think of scorning me, pretending that I don't exist as a way to prove how much they changed. Second: the fact that I thought I knew this song. The part that I knew was strict and with tiny variations in each verse. But the ending can rot in hell.
Dig A Pony - Much harder than I had anticipated. 99% FC, BEEEEEEcaaaauuuuuuse...
I Want You (She's So Heavy) - From constant conflict for a 5-star run to the FC. It confirms an experience with a faster response from the pie when you sing on original octave, which I had to do for the 1st phrase in both 2nd and 3rd verses. Still, it's a bit painful for a tired throat after all of that screaming yesterday.
Don't Let Me Down - With this, the FGFC is officially close, even if I don't know most of the rest of the songs. The "Hee hee" is the slowest filler in the whole game, and if you ask me, it lets the slow filler in Bohemian Rhapsody on the foot. In fact, difficulty-wise, TB:RB lets RB3 on its knees. A consult at VoxData made me realize that the 1st Hee slides from E to G#. I could save my face with some vibrato on the 2nd "hee" that had a straight note and it was an F#, lower than the 1st "hee".

25 down, 19 to go! Time to play Story Mode again, because I have to unlock The End...

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job with the Beatles stuff tidus, especially those last three. They all gave me absolute hell, I feel your pain on that "hee hee" phrase. It's miserable. Good luck with the rest of the songs!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you already got "I Want You" when you went for "Helter Skelter"?
Oh well, glad to see you're keeping everything strong. With "Don't Let Me Down" falling as well, that pain in the arse that is, I'm sure you're overcoming a huge fear and turning it into something devious. I'm confident you'll get the FGFC

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to the two of you!

Master - Glad I'm not the only one who struggled with Dig a Pony, and SPECIALLY with I Want You (She's So Heavy) - that song is so picky, yet it sparks completely different opinions. And again, the "Hee hee" on Don't Let Me Down is the hardest phrase in the whole game, being able to contest for the hardest phrase in the whole "Harmony Era" of RB Vocals.

Wooffus - The reason why I adviced you about I Want You was my unability to get a 5-star run, since the early June sessions to the late January sessions. Helter Skelter might be doable for a newbie on the TBRB engine, but never I Want You, so no, I didn't get both songs in the early June session. But things changed, and the FGFC is forwarded to happen before my birthday!

Firstly, "new" video is up. Nothing like getting back a bit of motivation. 99% FC this time around, but fun song is fun, so I'd be a fool if I complain

"Centerfold" XVox FC

Now a little bit of story, regarding the "Curse of 19". Doing a recap, my first 360 got RRoD'd while I was going for the GHWT Vox FGFC. How many songs were remaining at that moment? 19. Okay, that alone isn't a big deal, and I got the FC's on the PS2, then when I got a new 360, I redid them there. But we'll see.

When I was going for the GHWoR FGFC, I got rumors about a compromise: someone who could tutor Mathematics for a boy in dire straits. I'd have to gladly leave the grind for a while, but that didn't happen. But how many FC's were remaining again? 19.

Now for the most recent and terrible incident: after the last update (when I had the same NINETEEN remaining FC's), more precisely on Saturday, on another more acute case of divergences between points of view about house-cleaning, which had me involved in a fight, and supposedly, expected start working at Monday, leaving the cleaning for an employee (something that NEVER went well since the idea's practice began at my late childhood).

But the key to get me to buy some time to try to fight for trust (and perhaps make that shit wear off) appeared later - it was the right foot injury. It hurted more, the more I walked. I already went to appointment and got the meds, so I'm going for the final stretch. That also gave me the chance to lessen the remaining FC count to try to run from this possible curse. I'm superstitious sometimes, you know.

Something - Unlike Chaosfreak, I don't like the Bridge much. That's where I dropped a tick from, thus getting the 99% FC. This song felt undertiered, if you ask me. Something went wrong with the pic. Uploaded to Twitpic because Photobucket didn't want to upload it.
Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds - 2nd or 3rd try. Magnific landscapes. Could do everything one octave lower. You can say I had a great time doing this.
Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows - easypeasylemonsqueezy. 3 tries to polite everything I got by listening to this song, and FC. Needless to say that I love doing low-pitched songs like this. Also, LOL at FC without GS. I could fix that on Story later...
I Want To Hold Your Hand - 2 tries today, the chorus warbling clicked this time.
Good Morning Good Morning - Fun, fun and FUN. 2 tries, because again, listening to the songs helped me A LOT.
While My Guitar Gently Weeps - Admittedly, despite there are worse Beatles outros, fearing for a last phrase choke, after the problematic phrases through the song, was pesky. Sue me, but I found the choruses harder than the ending. Hence why I took longer than I should. However, it doesn't cease to be an AWESOME song.
Hey Bulldog - That last phrase can rot in hell. "Vibrato'd" the shit out of it. But I can't complain about the rest, specially when you get those fun talkies before the ending.
And Your Bird Can Sing - Did this while I was playing Story. I wanted to finish the sightreading, and stumbled upon this song, that might be the easiest in the game. I had a -1, so I was like "let's get it, why not?". Next try = FC.

The FGFC is really close. I don't know about Get Back, because I haven't played it, but the remaining "Demanding" song - Day Tripper - is too easy to be put in that tier.

So, can you guess which song will be my last FC? You'll see the answer when I got to that! Mr. Green

tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, I'd just get some love if I really get the FGFC. No problem in that, at least now!

It's been a long ride, about one year and half. Feels like this achievement was alluring me like a siren - whenever I pursued it, I attracted bad karma towards me. Bad things happened. Hard times were lived. That might just be coincidence. Or not. But I finally made it, attracting some more bad karma on the 3rd edition of the "Curse of 19", as written in the previous post, but at least finishing it once and for all instead of just trying a little and giving up whenever shit stopped going well.

Not the hardest FGFC I've ever gotten by any means, considering engine, leeway, the previous GH FGFC's and such. But definitely the most dramatic one. This wasn't my intention, it's how the circumstances at that moment made it to be. Now for the final 11:

Birthday - Proves yet again why high octave singers are more succesful at this game. Just because I went to original octave on the 2nd-to-last phrase, I got the FC on the 1st try, and again on Story.
I Am the Walrus - Surprising sightread FC here. Probably the best landscape in the whole game.
Revolution - Damn those Alright's, and damn that ending even more! Had to resort to falsetto to make the spin respond faster, like on Birthday.
Octopus's Garden - Took me a little while to confine, but when I did, it all become pure fun. YAY for matching Ringo's range.
Come Together - Just one really annoying phrase where the pie would never fill completely. Falsetto on the yelled "yeah!" and problem resolved.
Get Back - Sightread FC! I bet my money that this was the song that McCartney was playing on a picture of him that someone here was using as avatar!
The End - Sightread FC here. I ain't really a fan of cliche endings for FGFC campaigns, so there you go. Not too much to say, just the initial phrases could make me miss (but didn't!).
Drive My Car - This is when things started getting harder from nowhere! Choruses felt a bit picky for this one. 99% FC due to close call on one of them.
Day Tripper - For some reason, the phrases scrapping the bottom were the plinking points. Still overtiered.
Eight Days A Week - Had issues on the 1st "I love you" phrase. The "Eight days a week" phrases were much different from what I heard in my player, but nothing like a good reading to save me from the illusion!

And this was the final FC. To tell it straight, I don't see how this song can be hard. Maybe it's because it's my very favorite song in the game!

Now I gotta go, I'll tell more when I'm back home - just writing about it while it's still fresh.

Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the FGFC!!!

Remind me never to leave my remaing FC count at 19 though, sounds really unlucky

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the lonely post, Steady!

That's more of a "note-to-self", as I'm the only one here who seemed to experience hell when I had 19 FC's to go. That's something to look at when I get to GD:RB.

In a non-superstitious note, having only one post over the FGFC in RB series that made me "sweat, cry and bleed" the most is rather boring. But I'll just...play. Next move here is get some spare money a buy RB1 for the PS2 (for the 8671298715th time, I don't have access to XBL, so I can't export, just like I can't play online nor get DLC's). I'm pretty sure that getting said money, then a chance to buy the game, and play it up to Next to You is a way, way faster process than just fire up the 360 version and do a futile grinding.

Also, the same old and bad doubt. Will I submit myself to see if AC/DC Live track pack is doable on PS2? Or will I oppose myself to the point of view that treats that track pack as a "band-centered game like TBRB and GDRB"? We'll see. I'm still thinking...

anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, great work with that FGFC, looks like you're getting closer. I still remember it was a bit over a year when I first got that one. (This makes RB2, Lego, RB3, and Beatles, yes?)

But good luck with NtY...I know that won't be easy.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, manolo! Long time no see! How are things? HAve you already got plastic guitar and/or drums?

Also, congratulations on your accomplishments! Nice to see you didn't give up of music games!

Flw ae

jellyGHThread|jellyRBThread
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jellyalv
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys!

Deftrock - I'd kill to do those songs on the RB3 engine. Apparently, little effort was given even on the PS2 - even PhatTrumpet, who worked really hard on the Track Packs 1, 2 and CR, wasn't so keen about it, *apparently*. Either the talkies are that bad on PS2, or the track pack is really an abomination to sing. There were many NtY FC's on PS2, so I'll just need to get the game, play it up to said song, and just FC it - according to what some people on the PS2 LB's, it is said the "Ow" isn't broken. At all.

Chaos - Good to see you back! Yes, that makes 4 so far. NtY on PS2 isn't even a shadow of the same song on 360, as I said to Deftrock, so it seems I should just get to it, sing and FC.

Jelly - Hola muchacho! I got a RB1 drumkit, and am mostly playing on Hard. But I'm just casual on it. Expect nothing competitive on that, at least for a long time. Still not giving up on rhythm games, just playing less and less!

I got a video, a video deep inside, oh yeah...

"I've Got A Feeling" XVox FC

I did upload this a few days ago, but it's still the newest video. It's clear that I didn't look up for performance, because it's (or was) one of the trickiest songs to FC in the game. But it fits the bill for a nice start to a possible series of TBRB videos that I'll be uploading. Expect at least one video with harmonies as well.

...to think I was "owing" some TBRB videos a few weeks after the game's release...

Graf  

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did I miss this update!?

Congratulations on the FGFC, my friend. You are quite the vocalist, very impressive work.

I may have picked up the plastic microphone again recently. Hopefully I can achieve some FC's. Everytime I grind out vocals FC's I think of our Hard rivalry, and how you were able to achieve such great accomplishments coming from the same "Uh....this is hard" beginning that I felt early on. Keep up the great work, tidus!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 38 of 39

Jump to: