FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tidus' TBRB XVox: New harmonies video up; my birthday! :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vickie  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Tidus! This is a great accomplishment. =)
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major congratulations! FGFC is always impressive, and RB3 vocals...mayhem. What's next for you and your awesome skillset?

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.
tidus  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, everyone! This definitely helped me to push things even faster, and it might help out with TB:RB in the future!

Steady - And, by science, you can improve and get on my level. Just don't give up hope!

DarthFizz - Good luck! This game, at least for me, fulfilled the promise of being fun on Vocals, yet it does have its challenging bits. The most fun song to sing for me was Centerfold, though my favorite song in the game is Plush. It all varies according to the vocal range and music tastes, I must tell.

MasterNobody - I'm glad that, for my luck, people on the vocal circles don't apply what's taught on the RockBand community - deprive people of scoring like guitarists, drummers, bassists and keyboarders do, under the excuse of "playing for fun"; and execrate those who have experience with Guitar Hero vocals under the belief that they all sound like pitch-generating robots. Instead, we get accredited for said experience.

MehPlusRawr - I caught your post edit! And yeah, I'm literally a free-ass bird, according to my post count and the fact that I'm free for working on the league and the post-FGFC funsies! Mr. Green

Wooffus - Cheers! I'm sure you'll engage the 6th gear and get your own FGFC, you have plenty of skill for that, and at this rate I believe you're adapted to the RB3 interface!

Kristen, Deftrock and Vickie - Thank you so much!

Swift - What's next? As I said, GH:WoR leagues, RB3 videos, fixing 99% FC's, stalking people to contribute on harmony videos, all of that stuff. Fun projects!

So, this is it. I got some FC's on my camera, I'm just waiting for a decision from my computer at home, if it works or not. When I turn on the CPU, the monitor doesn't get signal at all, it gets black forever. I'll see if it works anyway, if it doesn't, the parents may take note of it, and either take it to fix, or simply deprive that bedroom of computer. And heads will roll.

Also, I didn't forget about the list of people who posted on this thread, I'll update it after I get myself something to eat.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
tidus  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick bump for new post-FGFC video. You can expect lots of them, at least while my computer is still working!

"Me Enamora" XVox FC

After Escuela de Calor on GHWT, I always wanted to do this on RB3, since I knew about this song being confirmed. Overtiered, but definitely really fun to sing.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
MrMitch  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job. I am currently working on the setlist myself. I am at 42/83 FCs. I FCd the hard ones in like 4 hours of playing the game, so now I just need determination lol.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrMitch - Thanks! That's really amazing. Ditto for determination, as I was a bit skeptical as far as enjoying the remaining songs goes. But it went well, thankfully. Good luck to you. And I just subbed to your channel, by the way

Next step is a harmonies video project of one of my favorite songs in the game. It all depends on a certain event for it to be up earlier. For now, I'm still editing. Stay tuned!

Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was totally suprised by Me Enamora. I don't tend to get into foreign songs, mainly because I can't connect to a song which I don't understand. But Me Enamora was quite the blast on vocals (though easy, like you said, SRFC for me ) and, if you haven't tried it, I recommend bass on that song, very fun (but easy) too.

I'm also interested to see this Harmony project you are planning

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steady - Thanks! That song was also a SRFC for me. I unfortunately don't have plastic guitar for 360, so I'll have to pass. Though I do have a RB1 drumkit, but I'm on a break from it for now.

There's the new video I promised a while ago.

"MidLife Crisis" FC + Harmonies

Not really that hard of a song, but the harmonies are really fun. Highlights for Choruses 3 to 6.

Also, I fixed the date of the 2011 updates. I always made that copy-and-paste process due to color and format code, and never paid attention that I let 2010 in any of these updates!

Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I <3 this song so much, awesome job (I thought it was kinda hard on vox )

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has some weird pitches but I do agree that it's a huge amount of fun. Don't make THIS your midlife crisis; just keep trucking tidus! ^^

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
tidus  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to both of you!

Steady - Why that emoticon? Maybe I listened way too much to that song, it's been long enough, eh? Aside 2 harmony lines, I hadn't problems.

Wooffus - Don't worry, dear. It's just for being one of my favorite songs and such. By the way, the song wasn't meant to speak about the actual "midlife crisis", did you know that?

Kinda late on that, but this is the 2nd anniversary of my RB Vocal "career". Just to not type it again, the feelings I showed on my post about my 1st anniversary are pretty much intact.

I didn't celebrate with something BIG this time, but a vocal FC video of my favorite song in the game, and one of my favorite 90's songs, if not the favorite, is a nice gift to myself. One of the greatest reasons why I bought RB3 indeed.

"Plush" FC, no octave shifting, just "stretching" to the death

In other news, I'm getting ready to grind TBRB again. I got I Saw Her Standing There right after choking on the 2nd-to-last phrase and "rescued" the old FC pics from June, so I can get the January ones and gather them together to upload. But after still failing to 5* I Want You (She's So Heavy), I took conclusion that this engine is way rougher than the RB3 one, namely on warbling. So, time to go for a change and at last fix some mistakes, especially the worst one: not knowing the songs.

For now, there's the tally of people who posted here, as usual. I just want to make sure I thank them.

Code:
MrOmyA
RJUCPU
cdylan13
Friedmannn
woozerkristen
CHawk
arvain
Graf
Nikki
SilverSwift
wesker-kun
DNA
sentimentalgeek
Xpertlefty13
dogfoodnyc
FinalAeon
jellyalv
Havikk
MAYRAluvsYA
sukergod
GuitarGeek08
Emptyeye
nbrazzx55
82erkle
bisq
ThePhoenix3
IsLegend9
Chaosxreigns
Kubuh
Prototype.X2
ccmoose
flammablelion
Jared1287
blakstang98
Applemaster9
TheNewWhites
TopGearFTW
GirlsNightOut
azeldin
goldengoal7
lilirock
bclare
cbar323
oogabooha
PhillyPride88
chaosfreak07
sokushi
JOE2210
B-Fuzz
voidedalive2x
FurySH
sportsboy85
ProffessorJoe
TravellinMan
Knux2007
IndestructibleSD
Kawigi
MehPlusRawr
Diex
B-Fuzz
MasterNobody
sportsboy85
thewinnerisgeeg
werelord
DeftrockX3
Steadysphere
Wooffus
doobers
expertwin
DarthFizz
Vickie
MrMitch

tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If completing 2 years of Vocals singing the favorite song in the game, giving all of the little I have vocally, is something to be looked down on, then what isn't? perhaps me learning to like Parashit would be more likely to make people happy

Almost one month without posting anything at all to myself, I guess. I was kind of cheerless with rhythm gaming, and wanted to play other games as well. Add to it the fact that my family moved again on last Saturday, meaning that there'll be all of that bureaucracy again to get the connection transfer sorted. The ETA is a whooping one month, but there's an employee who is acquainted to the parents, so he might activate the connection way, way earlier.

In the meantime, it's the same drill as always: don't go whining at me and accusing me from ignoring your hardly-gained, awesome accomplishments in order to suck/lick up to that famous user who's accomplishing stuff. Otherwise, the response may be iron-fisted.

In the other part, the 5 Beatles FC's that I was supposed to post, but the cheerlessness inhibited me from doing so. I'm having a really hard time with that engine, and to change it I must take it modestly. Listening to the songs repeatedly, and saving up time and good conditions to work on the FGFC patiently.

Paperback Writer - Overtiered, overtiered, overtiered, a FAB ammount of times overtiered. This FC is as old as the one below, so I can't remember too much.
Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band/With a Litttle Help From My Friends - What I remember is that I missed last activation, so the score is crappy. But it's an FC, so what? When I thought I couldn't rescue the pics, I tried for a re-FC with better score, but after repeated chokes on the same interlude of WALHFMF, I grew weary. I'd rather choke on songs out of my range than on songs on my range, you know
Getting Better - Dumb chokes and dumb dropped tick. This song is just as overtiered as Paperback Writer.
I Wanna Be Your Man - Some phrases seemed to spin the pie faster if I started a bit lower on the pitches, then slided the pitch up to the correct one. Somehow, more success than when I just sang straight pitches. I saw it as some sort of variation of vibrato, and took advantage on its obscene effect on the TBRB engine.
Yellow Submarine - I just remember the chorus melody. A few strange notes on the verses (end of some phrases) which might be why people here frown down upon Ringo's singing. But it's a perfect song for my range, so learning it had an extra motivation.

I got I Saw Her Standing There as well, but when I tried to take a pic, guess what? Batteries...but I will take a setlist pic when possible, I have the impression that I got something close to optimal.

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're fearing the engine, and yet you somehow got I Wanna Be Your Man? I remember that took a lot of guesswork on my own part for that, so be glad you got it down early.

I know that TBRB may end up sounding like a pain for you, and I know you've said it a lot on Skype. But with this kind of progress, if you just keep calm then you might be onto something

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit late, but happy 2 year anniversarry! Thanks for adding me to that list, and that video was great

Making quick work of Beatles already I see

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youll get it fairly quickly, TBRB id have to say was one of my favorite games to sing, I actually wanted to go for that FGFC lol, great work tidus!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 37 of 39

Jump to: