FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tidus' TBRB XVox: New harmonies video up; my birthday! :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*high five*

IMO, you have all the hardest ones out of the way now, should be smooth sailing!

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, you've basically taken out all the difficult songs before you've even reached 20 o_O

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to you two!

Kristen - I do hope so! Though I made another listed nuisance harder than it should, just so I feel alright. But yes, it's a long, yet much easier road ahead of me!

Steadysphere - Be welcome! Yes sir, that was part of my plan all along! Now to take out the rest!

Thank you, good God! THANK YOU! Words can't describe how much I loathe this song!

I fired up RB3 nervously. Should I get rid if it earlier or wait for complete loneliness? Well, grinding this song wasn't as musically painful thanks to this awesome idea of muting the TV. But in itself, it was a pain in the ass. I forgot completely how the Bridge goes, the "smile" talky crapped out on me at least twice, and the activation windows, for the 1st time, REFUSED to work - and I'm an offline player deprived of vocal "selectivations". Perhaps it's the lack of background noise. Well, the bad score is explained.

Other FC's:

MidLife Crisis: The damage from grinding Brain-bleeding Business was greatly minimized, but I had to get some treatment. Like Plush, it's GTA San Andreas times all over again! Harmony at Chorus 1 threw me off twice, but no more than twice.
Living in America: Cool, I almost could lower 2 octaves xD Took like 3 tries, to learn and FC it.
I Love Rock N' Roll: So nostalgic...I got threw off by some slides I really didn't expect. Bad path is bad.
Llama: Painkiller was overtiered, but what about this? o_O

With that, that's how the tally goes. I'm still contemplating the inclusion of Rock Lobster. That chart doesn't look cool, though I still gotta try it myself.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)

Last edited by tidus on Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol @ muted TV on Misery Business.

Seriously, Roundabout is only a pain because of the taps. The song itself is not very hard at all, imo.

Rock Lobster, however, is probably one of my hardest consistent FCs. BoRhap I almost never miss on, same with Good Vibrations. But I still miss on Rock Lobster some, mostly on the high "eeew"s and the really low parts mixed into talkies (I just had to memorize the pitches there).

Keep up the great work! I won't be surprised if you have the FGFC before the weekend is over.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I SRFC'd Llama, and Im a mediocre vocalist. I think they bumped it up so Llama would be the full-devil song. Personally, I think Roundabout should be full-devil tier.

Nice work, Misery Buisness is pretty irritating (both as a song, and the chart).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job on Misery Business, tidus! Loving the Good Vibrations video too, nice choice. You're still an amazing player, as ever - it's good to see that you're still enjoying playing the games!

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

generic Paramore bashing

Nice job! This song is annoying in more ways than one.
doobers  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only person who actually LIKES Misery Business?

Also, Roundabout isn't that hard. BoRap is 10x harder so you should get it in no time.

Songs that I have found hard: Killing Loneliness because it HORRIBLE!

<-------NEWEST
I am a 'Debbie Downer.'
tidus  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone! That just encourages me more and more!

Kristen - My reason to worry about Roundabout was merely the length combined to a possibility of me not finding the pitches for the high notes at the end in time. Looking back at the chart, it isn't too bad. In the meantime, there's always an undertiered song or two to maybe even consider it as a nuisance (looooow riiiiiide). Speaking of high notes, if you have to go back to I Feel Good (be for reduxing or for someone making you play it online), the 1st and 2nd yells are D#/Eb and the last is a C. Hope that helps!

Steadysphere - I must agree - overtiering Roundabout wouldn't be as bad as overtiering Llama. At least, the former offered struggle to some vocalists. Also, talk about really irritating! Last time I played - and listened - to that song was near to the end of '09, when I grinded for the FC on GHWT. You can bet that I can't be assed anymore to bear that song, with 15 months without listening to it.

Swift - I'm really surprised to see you here, buddy! Looks like you still lurk here once in a while...while the rhythm gaming novelty is worn out for many, I still keep going strong. As long as I get fresh games, that is!

MehPlusRawr - Generic or not, I'm still a part of the minority! I still think of "annoying" as a compliment, it's probably very annoying to FC on Drums, I suppose

Doobers - Nope, you're just unlucky to have stumbled upon a minority guy! I see at least 80% of the Rock Band vocalists liking this song. I'm not gonna bash them, they have their tastes and I got mine. As for Bohemian Rhapsody, if you dig up, you'll see that I got it on this update, the very first RB3 update of this thread!

If songs like Llama and Master Exploder have few phrases and got their (undeserved) 5 devil heads, then why can't this song be on a higher tier, not necessarily the Impossible tier?

99% FC due to dropping points in two Awesome's - 20 on the first, 12 on the second. I'm sure there's a consensus between the vocalists about this song being a bitch. After you hit the 1st phrase, the path isn't so clear. I'd be exaggerating if this song and Llama should be swapped on the tiers, but 1 dot is too little.

This time I scored more FC's. Some of them were to get a breather from Low Rider and consecutive failures to hit its 1st phrase. Went to a safe path, mostly playing known songs from the GH side.

Break On Through (to the Other Side): Breather Song #1. Awesome song. Another gimme, just 2 tries to nail it. The bad news is that I had 2 leftover phrases without being able to use it...
Caught in a Mosh: Breather Song #2. I like this song, sightread FC, extremely overtiered, etc.
Been Caught Stealing: Breather Song #3. GTA San Andreas times all over again, eh? 2 tries for this one, the different harmony choices (in comparison to GH:WoR) have almost caught me out of guard.
Du Hast: Breather Song #4. Final one before I went back to Low Rider. Sightread FC, but sadly a 99% FC - for some reason I dropped points somewhere. Then I went to get a 100% with worse path.
One Armed Scissor: Not as tricky to FC as on GHWT, but the 1st "Unknown origins" still remains as a phrase to watch out for.
Rainbow in the Dark: Badass song. Sightread FC. R.I.P. Dio.

With this, I'll be back on Monday. Weekend means family at home. Family at home means "no Vocals". And I'll be out of town tomorrow anyway - going to an anime event. I'm contemplating a recap, because not everyone can follow daily updates. It's been one hell of a ride to start out here! Mr. Green

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job taking out OAS, I still have that to FC because Im really struggling with the high to low phrase.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steady - Thanks! It seems those notes are almost the same, but on different octaves, so there might be some variation of octave jump technique for that, though I never needed neither here nor on GHWT. After that phrase, you're almost golden.

My character is the one who takes care of the driving at the song library's background, and in the meantime, I should take care of hitting the gas myself. There's a RB3 FGFC rivalry, and the classes will start next week, so might as well be faster this time. As I'm done with the WoR league songs that is.

Nothing really big for today, a bit shameful for such a special day over there. I was short time-wise, so I picked some more well-known songs from the GH series to raise the count.

20th Century Boy: Nailing this song on Guitar Hero 5 was tens of times easier. Seriously. Once again, the harmony choices were questionable, in my opinion. From the nowhere, those slides came and killed my attempts. And there are a few extra phrases at the end which I didn't sing on GH5, making me wonder if this is a different version. In the end, I was "rewarded" with the 99% FC.
Before I Forget: This is one of the most undertiered songs in the game in my opinion, as the 1st verse is mildly tough and throws at your face some "questionable" pitches at the back end of at least 2 phrases. Missed last activation, hence the terrible score.
Crazy Train: Good ol' Ozzy...good ol' GHWT times. Sightread FC thanks to no rough charting (the infamous short phrasing that made this song much harder on GHWT) this time.
No One Knows: I forgot that one "I come undone" phrase is different from another, so that took 2 tries.
Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting): Another really undertiered song. Being one of the hardest in GH5, the engine leniency and the charting wouldn't make THAT much difference. This is tricky, I had a few restarts because of the line about motorbike. To finish, after hitting the last phrase I went to check Skype and forgot about the taps
Smoke on the Water: Happily, a sightread FC. Sadly, a 99% FC. The saving grace is the fact that I got all taps this time.
Whip It: Marked in my memory for having one hell of a mo-cap for the vocalist in Band Hero. Sightread FC here, and the thought about whether someone did or not whip the mic to hit the taps. I, obviously, didn't.

Last edited by tidus on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bunch of GH repeats, eh?
Yeah, I've been noting bits of your progress even through Skype in the past few weeks. You're making it sound like some of the GH-based charts are deadlier than originally presumed, and I thought 20th Century Boy was bad enough in GH5 o__O

Either way, keep up the great progress! I'm sure if you keep your head locked down you'd get there in no time

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

20th Century Boy was a bitch for me too, I barely managed to scrape a 100% FC (I'm OCD on disc songs being glitched-don't ask me why) and it was my 81st FC. Those slides were a pain.

I have full faith you'll blast this. You have everything above difficult done, so you're golden. Have you done The Killing Moon though? Keep a watch if not, as that one's quite tricky.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if they're not mind-blowingly difficult FCs, getting them done and dusted is still an accomplishment in itself...every FC is, really! Plus, 20th Century Boy is an awesome song regardless of difficulty, so congrats!

tidus wrote:
Swift - I'm really surprised to see you here, buddy! Looks like you still lurk here once in a while...while the rhythm gaming novelty is worn out for many, I still keep going strong. As long as I get fresh games, that is!

Only just returned recently, hopefully to stay for a fair while. It's good to see you're still enjoying it, and nice to hear from you, too! Well done again, and good luck for future songs...I can definitely see you flying through the remainder in short order as long as you get the time.

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to the three of you!

Wooffus - Well, In the Meantime already gave a taste of how a RB3 chart can be harder (and by "harder I don't mean "worse" at all) than a GH chart to keep up with, should it be the same engine. They're mostly notable by different harmony choices and a few sections that were mere talkies on GH being pitches on RB. Not too bad considering the leniency though.

Steady - Besides long, The Killing Moon is one of those songs that are too low for me to take it one octave below, but some higher notes can be too high to be done on orginal octave. But that was taken care of. Guitar Hero World Tour has been a nice remedy for my OCD upon 99% FC's, otherwise I'd be far from the FGFC. Speaking of FGFC's, congrats on yours!

Swift - If I'm not wrong in understanding that you're not just back to SH, it's nice to know! I ran out of difficult FC's, because I disposed of all of them. But I can make up for it with quantity now, can't I? Mr. Green

There wasn't any update yesterday, because I got a measly 4 FC's. All because I succumbed to the temptation to make more videos that will be up soon. So, I'll start with 2 nuisances that were done today.

- Rock Lobster: Despite so many talkies, it deserves the 5 dots, in my opinion, for the difficulty that it offered to be FC'd. Those Eww's are just...EWWWW. And there's A LOT of shifts. For this one, 99% FC which I don't know if I'll bother with. P.S.: I got away in the last phrase lowering it in THREE octaves.
- Roundabout: More like Chokabout. I had at least 2 "pre-chokes" (missing before the Da-da-da-da's in the outro). Grinding this was in the verge of boredom, and I still missed a tap on the FC run.

Other FC's:

The Killing Moon: At least 2 chokes in the endless ending. I had to come out of the consistent comfort zone (which goes up to D4) for a bit in order to do this song. Still, I'm liking this song.
Don't Stand So Close to Me: The famous falsetto that was sang by Sting in "Money For Nothing" (I want my MTV...) was the first thing that came through my head when listening to the melody. A buttload of ES action, but I can't do all of them so I'll leave it at that.
Centerfold: Silly song, sounds so pervy...but it's the best song to sing IMO. The fact the picture came from a video suggests that there's a video coming soon! It can be tricky to FC, and I even got glitched out with the 99% FC.
The Con: Because the overtiering never stops, there is The Con. Just a small mindfuck in the 2nd verse and bam, done. And optimal!
Don't Bury Me...I'm Still Not Dead: The upward slides looked dreadful...for some reason, this song is getting catchy, though many people might see that kind of music as "generic".
I Need to Know: Real sightread FC. Didn't listen to the song nor even did I get a pig's ear. One of the higher-pitched Tom Petty songs, apparently. But Tom Petty is Tom Petty.
Radar Love: Long song with long instrumentals and lines that appear in more sections with lots of minor variations? Ugh. Luckily, this was done in little time.
Sister Christian: Sightread FC, even with all of those unneccessary vocal shifts. The song's range isn't even close to wide.
Something Bigger, Something Brighter: Sightread FC, 99% due to dropping 9 points in the very 1st phrase and not expecting said SRFC. Something intrigues me about this song. Despite being labeled "Indie Rock" by the game, it sounds like a little bit of Prog and a bit of some usual Pop-Rock to me. I like specially the 6/4 time signature. Always been a fan of it.
Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Pt.1: I still keep my thoughts about it being an "out-of-place" song. Took 2 tries, the 1st went boom because of that shift in the middle part.
The Power of Love: What happens when you don't remember the song THAT well, even having heard it before, then you go to Rock Band 3 to sing it and see a lot of vocal shifts to "troll" the shit out of you? It happens that you could've included it to the nuisances' list. After all, I still got the 100%.
Imagine: Ah, yeah, that song...had to take a little guess on the almost unaudible higher notes, but really...that took no more than 3 tries.
The Look: Besides the overtiering fest (whose last song FC'd was The Con), there's the undertiering fest. There's simply no excuse to put this in Apprentice tier. Especially because of the shift and the short phrases. Also, LOL at least phrase being an OD phrase. Fun to sing though.
False Alarm: The Bronx...I remember this band name from GH5, with Six Days a Week. Well, simple stuff here, 1st try in the afternoon, after missing for no reason at the morning...other than some pressure, of course.
Killing Loneliness: Nothing particularly tricky, though I got the better result when I started doing some "octave witchcraft" in the choruses. I wished I could try something like Ode to Solitude...
Everybody Wants to Rule the World: To finish this session, a song I remember (but not THAT well). 99% FC because a phrase at the last chorus (?) almost caught me by surprise.

There's still a mute FC to be done. And 31 FC's to be gotten in at least 2 days

And with that, the chart of nuisances gets like this!

Last edited by tidus on Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:39 am; edited 3 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 35 of 39

Jump to: