FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tidus' TBRB XVox: New harmonies video up; my birthday! :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FinalAeon  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another one reverts to the Rock Band side... Not in the style I was expecting but if you can sing, why not do vocals. I myself suck at singing (believe me, I tried Singstar and got my ass beaten on songs that I knew very well while it was the first time the other guy had ever heard it). I'm surprised how close you made your characters ressemble to the actual Rikku and Yuna. Might try to create an Auron character myself.

BTW I'll be starting my own thread here pretty soon (when RB2 comes out). I just need Hyperspeed to be able to play properly and the towel trick just isn't the same. I'll start using paths then as well for some (hopefully) kickass scores.

wesker-kun  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoa!, that yuna is very nice!

the outfit and the hair are very similar... can't say the same bout the face, but it's not your fault.

you made her look as similar as RB let you, congrats!

congrats on your recent 5* too

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work on vocals, tidus! I HATE vocals, they want that I put the artist to sing to FC it!

Anyway, you're doing better than me! Your throat is already screwed!

What about Guitar, Bass and Drums?

jellyGHThread|jellyRBThread
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jellyalv
tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual, responses to the replies, then an update.

Aeon - Great to see you here on this side! Looking forward to see your RB stuff. I think you're hanging out well with the towel for now! As I said, I liked how my attempt on Rikku went, but I absolutely love how I made Yuna. And you're right, there's no such thing as HS. You'll kick ass at RB2, I'm pretty sure of it!

Wesker - Yeah, man, just the face...but I could put a pair of blue eyes, loves me some blue eyes! Thanks about the Rob the Prez 5*! I got it on X, and I hope to GS it soon too!

Jellyalv - Thanks! No, you don't need to put the artist to sing it. You can gte the hang of it if you get used, ya know. Neither Guitar, Bass nor Drums. I'll need to get some money first, there are a lot of bills my family needs to get rid of.

Another update for lulz. I thought of letting Hard aside for a bit (may come back for an eventual rivalry with Graf) and start Expert. There were positive points, like consistent 5* passes on Rob the Prez-O-Dent *goes to tease SilverSwift for a bit although he has the FC*, and 4 GS scores. But there were negative points, such as having to play with low volume, random bullshit happening every once in a while, some people trying to turn small problems into big problems, etc.

I can see myself a Rock Band re-edition of what happened on last Fall (Fall for me, brazilian), when I was an absloutely n00b at GH on the 360 controller, and the real talent came at the break at June and July. I mean that I expect to be really decent at XVox at June. My Vocal progress is too much oscilating, with lots of GS possibilities mixed with lots of songs I can pretty much fail, and songs I can't even 5* for now. So there are lots of holes to shut.

As for the GS scores...

"Random bullshit happening every once in a while, some people trying to turn small problems into big problems": this caused me to get nervous, right at the GS chime sound, and then again I was nervous, couldn't keep the octave I was using, and missed the 3rd-to-last phrase, the one which goes "Bat-TE-ry". I'm very frustrated to play at such conditions. I do hope I can get the FC.

I remember to have 88% and 5* on the 2nd-to-last phrase. Now I have a new octave for the verses, but I missed the 2nd phrase.

Where'd You Go on crack: humming the whole shit makes it MUCH easier. Missed the pitched version of the talkies, an OD phrase. I'll FC it soon.

This song is awesome, and is a blast to sing. Missedd 2 of the "Come out and PLAY!", but FC'd the last one, FC soon!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Havikk  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tidus, if you need help I was at 76/84 (hard) before I got RRoD'd. I can pretty much give you some personal advice that I may or may not have picked up from others. I highly suggest Icemage's videos since he tries to explain in annotations and of course go to vocal TSG for paths.
sentimentalgeek  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on the incredibly quick progress, Tidus! Especially with so many "conditions" working against you, not to mention recovering from your illness! D: I remember a similar thing happening to me not long after I got RB1 - I became ill for about 3 weeks and had a lot of trouble singing at all, but I still wanted to play anyway. So just take it easy while your throat is still recovering, ok? Drink lots of water and don't try to sing too loudly.

Anyway, gold starring songs on Expert vocals is really a great sign of improvement, as the scoring tends to be rather unforgiving unless you have (1) a good path; (2) a long streak.

P.S. Agree with you that E-Pro is a very annoying song to sing - it is for me anyway. And now that I know you have a higher vocal range, closer to mine than Beck's at least , it makes a lot of sense that you would find it hard. But you'll get it with practice!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: SG Lammy
arvain  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, seems you have to deal with many things good luck ! and nice improvement, i see you're already playing expert now ! don't worry, i'm sure you'll get better way before june, no matter what's trying to prevent you from playing in good conditions ^^

note for FinalAeon : ermm, there is hyperspeed on rb2, no need for the towel trick

also, when i first saw your Lady Yuna, i thought about doing a Lulu ...but i'll have to earn money with Greluche (my female character which i never use when i play ) to buy her new clothes and stuff. ah well, i should try Wakka instead... (haha, who's trying to do Kimahri?!! )
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go, Tidus!

I'm pretty sure you made the jump to GSing expert songs WAY quicker than I did. Keep it up!

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
FinalAeon  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvain wrote:
note for FinalAeon : ermm, there is hyperspeed on rb2, no need for the towel trick

RB2 will not be out here in Belgium for at least another week. As soon as I get that, I'll be able to have my HS and I'll really go for the RB1 songs with OD paths and all.

tidus  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, you know the drill.

Havikk - Thanks for the suggestions! I looked for his Rob the Prez-O-Dent vid, and I never fail it now. The TSG sections are being visited as well, I love me some path checking. Maybe I can look up for you when I move down to Hard, looks like it's easy for me now

Erin - Thank you! I'll do my best to have my health conditions at the best point possible. I just need to have my environment conditions working at my favor, or it'll be just like one year ago. Also, I'm singing really low, as I just need to be at the adequated octave. After all, Rock Band vocals is all about just doing the necessary (I think) Some cutoffs are very rigid, I tried to GS SttP, missed a tap and 2 phrases, had the right path and still nothing. It's really good to know that GSing songs are a victory in itself, though. As for E-Pro, it's been a while since I tried and failed on Hard, I wished I felt like trying it. There are some differences and similances between our ranges, but after all, discovering the vocal range is something really interesting.

Arvain - Thanks! I wished that coudl really happen, but I don't know...as Aeon said, RB2 still didn't come out in Belgium, so he can just use the towel for his RB1. But well...I'm planning to do some more FFX/X-2 characters myself, let's just see what i can do. And is there a way to do Kimahri??? Just kidding, I don't think...

Kristen - Thanks! As I said, I didn't expect to get to Expert so quick. But I can owe one to those who supported me so far, including you!

Aeon - Looking forward to see some RB2 stuff from you, especially RB1 imports. Too bad that you won't be able to import Enter Sandman, Run to the Hills and Paranoid due to copyright issues.

Well, while I was talking to Wesker and the recently added Mayra on MSN, I told them about my new 4 GS's, 2 were acceptable, 2 were bitter. Even on the bitter ones, they showed me the positive side, pointing that the FC is near. I can see their point. And I really wanted to do something in their honor.

As I can't have a Battery FC with all the taps, I'll have to take it for now...but wait, I didn't miss one. Missed two. I was like "screw it", and FC'd it by barely Awesome-ing the last phrase. As for One Step Closer I had lots of breath issues, but overcame them a while later.

Also, I previously bumped down to Hard for a bit, to see the results and for the lulz, of course. Damn, I was so close...missed 2nd-to-last pitched phrase.

More soon!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
MrOmyA  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job tidus! Damn, you're already better than me.

Maybe I should play vox more often. :P
wesker-kun  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha

good job man! i knew you could do it!

thanks for dedicating this to us XD!

more FCs!

i know you can make it!

maybe you should do it in a specific order, either going through the tiers, or doing the ones that seem easier for you :P

you should FC them after a few tries

good luck, and if there's something i can do for you, just let me know! XD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job, I knew you could do it. Soon enough you'll get better and better.
Havikk  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow you'll be up there in no time, especially if you're doing this with a semi-inflamed throat
Graf  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tidus, you're improving faster than me.....much faster than me

Good job on the FC's! I haven't FC'd One Step Closer or Battery yet....you should go for Pretend We're Dead and Drain You, maybe even Hungry Like the Wolf, as those are all fairly easy FC's you could definitely get.

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 3 of 39

Jump to: